User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspirin brag :)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just wanted to say that you need to be careful with Asprine as I am pretty sure you aren't supposed to take it unless your are over at least 16 years old. There is a risk of Reye's disease. I just hope people aren't giving it to their kids or teens! I just wanted to give people a heads up in case they weren't aware.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is there a limit of how many printoffs you can do? (hypetheticly could i print off 100? would'nt print off that many thoe lol)

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I got 7 boxes today and used the overage towards the rest of my bill! I only bought the extra strength though and they were 4.97 each but hey its still a great deal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

If you look up the bayer aspirin it's for people 12 and up. I give them to my 12 yr old once a day during allergy season. Also I think yes you can print as many as you want... Just pre order or buy a few here and there... Imma be going back my self to get more next week but this time I'll be buying a BBQ with them lol thanks to everyone for there support.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Couldn't find any at WM but the coupon is still good so will wait for them to restock.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by galliefamily View Post
    If you look up the bayer aspirin it's for people 12 and up. I give them to my 12 yr old once a day during allergy season. Also I think yes you can print as many as you want... Just pre order or buy a few here and there... Imma be going back my self to get more next week but this time I'll be buying a BBQ with them lol thanks to everyone for there support.
    I'm really confused - you're 23 years old and have a 12 year old? Also, I'm really hoping you've seen a doctor about giving your child this much aspirin - I wasn't aware it can be used for allergies.

This is just really confusing me, that's all.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Other Sarah View Post
    I'm really confused - you're 23 years old and have a 12 year old? Also, I'm really hoping you've seen a doctor about giving your child this much aspirin - I wasn't aware it can be used for allergies.

hmmmmm

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SPCFan409 View Post
    What are you going to do with that much aspirin? Do you really NEED that much aspirin? I hope you didn't just do this to get overages and earn money... that's not the point of couponing.
    My family doesn't use aspirin, but I plan on majorly stocking up.
    The simple fact is that even though my own family doesn't use it.. The foodbank will find people who desperately need aspirin.
    In 2010/11 I used over $7700 in coupons!
    My 2012 goal is $6000 in coupons!

:::Alee142010:::

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by C.RoyCanada View Post
    I want to order about 20 boxes, but what happens if the refuse my coupons when I get there or if they decide to mark down my coupon to the price and they want to make me pay taxes?
    When you are ordering the 20 boxes, show a coupon to the Head ordering personnel you order from. Have a pre-written note to the cashier and supervisor and have it signed by this person. If possible find out the days and times they work so that you can be buying the product while they are in the store. Backup plans are best! So be sure to print off a copy of Walmart's coupon policy!
    In 2010/11 I used over $7700 in coupons!
    My 2012 goal is $6000 in coupons!

:::Alee142010:::

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow...I have to say that I don't think it's any of your business how old she is, or how old her child is. I had a 12 yr old and 10 yr old at the age of 23...my stepson and my foster son. You don't know her situation, and there is no reason why you need to know. OP, you don't have to explain why you need 20 boxes of aspirin, or any of your personal choices regarding the health of your family, that is no one's business but your own. Personally, I've bought about 30 boxes of that aspirin at SDM and WM since the coupon came out and you know what? It's no one's business what I'm going to do with it. Can't we all just say good job on the brag or else say nothing, if we have nothing nice to say?

Nice job on the overage, OP, hope you get enough for your bbq soon!!!

"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Other Sarah View Post

"

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You know, normally I wouldn't think anything of it, but coupled with her really odd stolen coupon story it stood out to me.

Whatever. The biggest problem I have is giving that much adult aspirin to a twelve year old. OP, please ok this with your child's doctor, and also there are much more appropriate medications for a child of that age - there's a ton more out there.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Because I work in the field of social work I just wanted to make people aware. I am not a doctor so as long as your doctor says its ok that's fine but I am fairly certain it is not for children under 16. Please consult your doctor before giving it to your children! That's all I am saying. I just was not sure if people were aware or not.

I agree with couponing for the product...I am going to donate mine as well!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they took off the aspirin coupon for $6 off, it's not on smartcanucks anymore, not on aspirin.ca! Sucks!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Alie142010 for responding to my question. I will do what you suggested. I was going to get them for my mother in law because she is on a daily regiment but it's the wrong strenght. Instead I will be giving some to the reste of my family and keep some for my personal stockpile.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

As an RN I have to respond to this too. Aspirin will do nothing to prevent or help allergies (there are many great coupons for Claritin, Aerius and Reactine for that), and taking aspirin daily for a child or teenager is actually dangerous. Do what you wish with the coupon/overage, but please reconsider giving it to your child.

Here is a quote from http://www.reyessyndrome.org

The U.S. Surgeon General, the Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend that aspirin and combination products containing aspirin not be given to children under 19 years of age during episodes of fever-causing illnesses.
    Acetylsalicylate is another word for aspirin; some medicine labels may use the words acetylsalicylate, acetylsalicylic acid, salicylic acid, or salicylate instead of the word aspirin. Always ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medication.
    It is possible to develop Reye's Syndrome without taking aspirin. However, the chances of developing Reye's Syndrome can be reduced by not giving aspirin to individuals for relief of discomfort or fever without first consulting a physician for each specific use. Anti-nausea medications may also contain salicylates, and may mask the symptoms of Reye's Syndrome.
    Teenagers and adults are especially at risk of developing Reye's Syndrome due to self-medication. Too often, teenagers are ingesting aspirin-type products without parental knowledge. Teenagers should be made aware of the different forms of pain relievers on the market and make certain they check with a parent before using any medications.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information