User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Expired
    So I am house hunting and I hate it !!! I find it overwhelming and stressful

I have looked at many places and haven't found anything...I have 32 days to find and buy a house ..

you would think I would be excited but nope I hate it.....sorry needed to vent

|I have a new house !!!! I have officially moved in
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Jezebel; Fri, Sep 30th, 2011 at 01:50 PM.

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

It's very stressful! Don't get discouraged, try to make the best of it, it's a great feeling when you find the right place! Are there still lots of bidding wars? What areas are you looking in? Goodluck with your search!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

yes loads of bidding wars !! I am looking in multiple areas..basically anywheres but the "core area" LOL some of the houses started in the area of 190,000 but were bid up over 225,000

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I know the feeling, it took my hubby and me so long to find the right house for us.

If there is anything I can do or if you just want to vent you can call me, I have Tuesday evening free if you want to do anything.
    wether it be house hunting , shopping or just coffee.
    Breyden's, Lizzie's, Alexa's & Danica's Grama
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/[email protected]

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

The downside I only have 32 days

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugler View Post
    I know the feeling, it took my hubby and me so long to find the right house for us.

If there is anything I can do or if you just want to vent you can call me, I have Tuesday evening free if you want to do anything.
    wether it be house hunting , shopping or just coffee.
    aww thanks I am being taken out to supper on Tuesday for my birthday....suppose to be a surprise

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzeebelle View Post
    aww thanks I am being taken out to supper on Tuesday for my birthday....suppose to be a surprise
    Wish for the perfect house! Good luck on your quest. We built our house in 2005, right at the beginning of the housing boom, and our house went up 5,000.00 in two days. Sheesh, had I known that at the time, I would've signed right then and there instead of ho humming for two days. And then our possession date got pushed back 3 times, but really once you move in, it's so worth it! Crossing my fingers for you!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

yes loads of bidding wars !! I am looking in multiple areas..basically anywheres but the "core area" LOL some of the houses started in the area of 190,000 but were bid up over 225,000
    This is actually a trick used by sellers & real estate agent to get / attract lot of buyers to their property .

They delibrately list it below the market value & have no intention of selling it at the low listed price in the first place .

Guess what ? ..In the above scenario if you had offered to buy the house for the asking price of $ 190,000 & even if you were the only buyer i.e not other bids besides yours & you are paying the asking price of $ 190,000 ..the seller would have just rejected your offer & told you that he got some other higher offer ( basically lying to you ) ..as the seller had no intention of selling it for $ 190,000 in the first place ..he only listed it for that price so as to get buyers to his property & hopefully getting them into a bidding war .

Don't get into a bidding war ..have a fixed budget in your mind & walkaway if you don't like the high price .

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I'm currently looking as well.... I don't have a tight deadline like you do, but I still find it very stressful! I feel for you.
    I've earned $125 in Amazon GCs in 7 months with SWAGBUCKS! Click here & get started: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/LCFIXE
    AMEX GOLD REWARDS CARD - 1st year FREE & get 25,000 AEROPLAN POINTS when you spend $500 in first 3 months: </SPAN>Click Here</SPAN>

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Stressful is right! We looked at over 130+ houses when we were looking. Looked for over a year. Jezz are you looking just with agents? or private as well? There's a nice house by my me for sale. In South Transcona ...It's a smaller house maybe 800sq ft but the yard is HUGE I kind of want to sell my house and buy it just for the yard lol

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Searching for the right house can be very stressing and to do it on such a tight deadline too - wow, I feel for ya Jezzeebelle. Are you using an agent or are you trying to do it on your own?
    Start earning SwagBucks here: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DanesMom

It's easy, it's fun, and it's free!!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DanesMom View Post
    Searching for the right house can be very stressing and to do it on such a tight deadline too - wow, I feel for ya Jezzeebelle. Are you using an agent or are you trying to do it on your own?
    I am looking myself at private sales ...going to open houses...plus have an agent looking also.....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I am looking myself at private sales ...going to open houses...plus have an agent looking also.....
    Yeah its good to have an agent if you are a buyer as the seller pays the commission for both the buyer's agent & the seller's agent .

Just make sure that you don't strike a private deal with the seller if that particular house has already been shown to you by your agent ( buyer's agent ) as you will be on hook for the buyer's agent commission if you have signed a contract with the agent .

Are you looking for condos too or just houses ? ..Condos can be a lot cheaper , plus less maintenance like lawn mowing , shovelling the snow etc ..the winters in Winterpeg must be brutal ..would hate to shovel the snow there ..lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Right now the house prices are at their peak , but the interest rates are so low that people are still buying them as they can afford the monthly payments .

I see the prices correcting 15 % - 20 % in the next couple of years , but the mortgage ineterst rates will also rise in the next couple of years ..so its kind of a catch22 ..plus you will spend atleast another $ 20,000 - $ 25,000 or so in rent if you wait a couple of years ;(

So although the prices are high it might still be a good decision to buy now .

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Just for another perspective on buying a house, check out what Dave Ramsey says about buying a house and when he advises is the best time to buy. If I knew then what I know now from reading his advice we would of never built a house at this time of our lives. Never heard of Dave Ramsey? Lots about Dave if you Google him. It has changed our financial path drastically.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information