User Tag List

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have stopped buy the Free Press at my local Mac's because the coupon inserts are never in it. I think the person who delivers it keeps them. Has anyone found a location where I can buy the paper that still has the coupon inserts in it? Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've run into the same problem... I was buying Detroit Free Press on Sundays at the 7-11 on Westminster at Tecumseh (I think that's it) on the East end, but noticed that more than half of the papers were missing the coupon inserts.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hello, I was under the impression that they don't insert the coupons in the newspapers that are on our news stands because we cannot be use the coupons here. I have never found coupons in the Detroit Free Press here.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been buying the US paper for years just for the coupons. I even have a US coupon folder that I take wtih me to the States because at Meijer, they double them. The coupons have been missing for the last few months.

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

The copy my library gets delivered has been having the same problem lately, so it's not just newsstand versions. My parents usually buy the Sunday Free Press too and it has been missing the inserts for weeks. In the past two months or so I've only gotten two different P&G inserts (July 31 expiry ) and one Smartsource (or was it a Redplum?) when I was usually getting 1-2 inserts a week. I used to list my US coupons for trade but haven't for the past few months because there have been so few inserts.

I wonder if the Free Press has just stopped including most inserts? I don't know why they would, though.
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I called the Detroit News to inform them and they told me the coupons should be inserted. They are going to email me back after investigating. I have yet to hear from them. If more people call to complain, the problem might be taken seriously.

Thread Information