User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    99 (100%)

***UPDATE**** July 6, 2010

Alright so I have an update on my Pizza Hut situation and thought that I would update it here seeing as though it became such an explosive issue on the blog.

I received an email this morning asking me for my phone number so that it could be forwarded to the franchisee group that owns and operates the local Pizza Huts in my area for them to contact me. I emailed them back and didn't expect to hear anything anytime soon but they called me this afternoon. The lady that I spoke to was very nice and said the following to me:

1) Pizza Huts policy is that if you are not satisfied with your pizza that they will recook them again for you, no questions. She said that the Manager on duty didn't follow proper protocol and should have offered to remake the pizzas, redeliver and pick the other ones up at no additional cost. Or to offer a FULL refund.

2) She said that she saw my youtube video and her exact words were, "that pizza was absolutely disgusting, and is not Pizza Hut standards of quality."

She said that it looks like when they perforated the crust as they do with all the pizzas so that it doesn't rise too much in the oven that it is possible the person making the dough perforated it too much which would cause it to not rise at all and leaving it undercooked. She said it looked obviously undercooked and again, disgusting.

I explained first that the last time I had Pizza Hut delivered it was awesome pizza and we had no problems with it, but the pizza was ordered the other night was just wrong. I also told her that I had the pizza delivered as I am taking care of my Mother full time and couldn't get out to pick it up and also couldn't get out to bring the pizza back to fight for a refund and she said she understood and that I shouldn't have to fight for a refund, it should have been automatically given to me as an option.
    I mentioned to her about how I was told that "this is just how the dough comes now" and she chuckled and said, "No it isn't."

She was pretty upset that they would send pizza out looking like the ones I received and said she will be talking to the Manager on duty in regards to not following protocol and how they handled the situation. I said I asked them to refund my money and come pick the pizza up so that at the very least they could take it back to the restaurant and look at it to see why I didn't want it. She said they should have done that. She offered to refund my money in full and that I could pick it up at the restaurant when I am down that way. I appreciate her taking the time to call personally and that they will be refunding my money. It's also nice to know that she was
    disgusted by the pizza as well and it wasn't just me lol

She was genuinely baffled at why anyone would let pizza looking like that leave the store and I can't tell you how many times she went back to having viewed the video and said that it was disgusting. So having read others experiences of Pizza Hut, I don't know if I will order delivery anymore but maybe eat in sometime. Afterall, if you send it back in the restaurant they are right there to see why you are doing so. But like I said, I'm glad that this woman was as understanding as she was of the whole situation.

ORIGINAL POST:

Okay I ordered 1 Lrg Stuffed Crust Meat Lovers Pizza and 1 Lrg Stuffed Crust Hawaiian Pizza from Pizza Hut tonight and it was DISGUSTING. The crust on both was VERY thin and soggy, so much in fact that the toppings slid right off and you could "wave" the crust. The total of my bill came to just shy of $50 for 2 pizzas and now I won't eat them because they are NASTY. I called to complain and they will NOT refund my money because as they say, "they don't do that with food" but they said they would give me a credit that I would have to use up within 3 months.

They told me that this is now how their pizzas are made and that next time just make sure not to order it. Well I had to take a video of the crap they delivered because it really was that nasty. Check it out below and tell me, have you ever received pizza from Pizza Hut like this? I wasn't sure how to upload the video directly to this post, so the link is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLpz_4ifR2g
    This thread is currently associated with: Pizza Hut
    Last edited by TaraF; Tue, Jul 6th, 2010 at 01:29 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Send them a link to the video or send it to their head office and ask them is it right this is how your pizza's are made. Then take them up on their recommendation to not order it again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Pizza Hut pizza is overpriced. I have had problems with their pizza in the past...it is one of the reasons we don't eat there or order from them. You could always use your credit to try out their new pasta dishes...I don't know how good they are but at least they are not pizza like that.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Send them a link to the video or send it to their head office and ask them is it right this is how your pizza's are made. Then take them up on their recommendation to not order it again.
    I was thinking of shooting them an email with the link because I'm sorry but that's some nasty pizza.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I also hear a lot of complaints about pizza pizza. However I have never had problems with them except they sent me 6 orange pop when I had ordered 6 dif pops, wasn't a huge problem for me,lol.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

That's horrible. Last time I ordered from them my pizza was burnt. I couldn't even recognize the toppings. You should e-mail them.

“For one bad night there are a thousand amazing nights” - Gavin DeGraw

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

DH complained about pizza hut crust a couple of years ago, and they told him not to order that kind again as well. Havent ordered from there since.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I had issues a while back and they told me the same, its terrible customer service. I have not used them since and since I do the food orders at work they lost that business too.

I started ordering from Dominos and have never had an issue (apart from when they gave us a 3rd pizza by mistake, my BF wasn't sure what I had ordered so just signed and took it. I called them and they said eat it - they couldn't deliver food that had been out of their hands anyway) but that wasn't really an issue lol
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal.tea View Post
    That's horrible. Last time I ordered from them my pizza was burnt. I couldn't even recognize the toppings. You should e-mail them.
    and they told you thats how the pizza comes....right,lol.

Trading Score
    355 (100%)

I used to order quite often from Pizza Hut.The last 3 times,i have had problems,so will no longer.The last time i order,my pizza took and hour and 20 minutes to arrive,when they said about 40.I knew there was no way after waiting that long i would get a fresh,hot pizza.When it arrived,i checked it before i paid for it,and i was right,it was not hot.I told the delivering guy to take it back,they are over priced,and i should atleast get a good,hot pizza for money they charge.That was 2 months ago,and now will stick to my Delissio!If i were yuo,i would actually go to the location,and see the manager,I have done this in the past,and left happier than i went in.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, that's too bad - but it was nice that they gave you a credit!

Never had problems with Pizza Hut here, but we've never ordered the stuffed crust, so I don't know what they are like.
    We always get the pan pizza crust, which is just awesome! My fave is the Canadian.
    However, they can be pricey without coupons, so we wait to order from there when they have the 5 bucks promo.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

wow that does look nasty. I dont order their pizza because i'm not a big pizza fan. i like their pasta but dont get the pasta bowls the bread arrives with a lot of raw dough.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

That really sucks! I blogged about it:
    http://smartcanucks.ca/

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BOO111 View Post
    I used to order quite often from Pizza Hut.The last 3 times,i have had problems,so will no longer.The last time i order,my pizza took and hour and 20 minutes to arrive,when they said about 40.
    I had that happen with a local place. They told me half an hour. When an hour passed I called them and canceled and ordered from the other local place. The pizza guy still showed up 5 minutes later trying to talk me into taking the pizza even though he knew I had canceled. Did not like that and won't order from there again.

I understand places get busy and it might take an hour, but if that's the case tell me an hour when I order, not 30 minutes.

The pizza from the other place was here in under 30 minutes, and pretty good.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That really sucks! I blogged about it:
    http://smartcanucks.ca/

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information