User Tag List

Thread: Oi....

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

wish i could delit this one sorry guys dunno how
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by idonovan; Wed, Aug 17th, 2011 at 12:06 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm sorry about your difficulties right now....particularly about the food situation. Is there any assistance near you...a food bank, for instance? Many people find themselves in situations like yours and need assistance from time to time.

Is there any part-time work that you could do to supplement your household income? So many businesses work around students' schedules and need part-time help...

I don't think karma is "biting you in the butt"...I think there are some choices you could make to help yourselves out....I know smoking is addictive (I know that personally because I had to quit!), but perhaps cutting down would help...and maybe purchasing hair-dye instead of food might be put off for a bit longer....
    And I'm sure if you posted your difficulties revolving around food couponing in the coupon section there are lots of people on here who could help.
    I hope things begin to look up for you both very soon!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I'm very sorry to hear about your bad times. Do you have anything that you don't need that you could sell on Kijiji - just to get a bit of cash? Can you bake cookies that you can sell at a market? Can you offer to babysit or run errands for someone?

Sometimes local churches offer meals during the week and/or GC for food stores - could you approach one of those?

What about phoning a local caterer to see what they do with their left-over stuff from celebrations - sometimes there are perishable things like sandwiches and/or fruit/vegetables that they would otherwise throw away.

Can you get a "Stock bone" from the meat department and just boil it and start to add any old thing like bits of veggies or beans that you might have left in your cupboard.

Look in your cupboard and then type into the computer "recipes for...... whatever you have" sometimes you can come up with good meals with little output.

Check in the meat and fresh food sections of the grocery store - you can usually find things that are being marked down because they are about to reach their expiry date - then use it that day - and/or freeze it.

Can you go to social services? Maybe they can help you. - Can you give up your apartment and go live with someone else for a while or take in a boarder?

I hate to say it - but a pet might be a luxury if he/she is eating but you are not - can someone take your pet into "foster care" for a while?

It's probably time to take a cold/hard look at what you can and can't live without. - Sorry to say!

I hope you can get some good ideas from other SCers! and Good Luck!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I'm sorry about your difficulties right now....particularly about the food situation. Is there any assistance near you...a food bank, for instance? Many people find themselves in situations like yours and need assistance from time to time.

Is there any part-time work that you could do to supplement your household income? So many businesses work around students' schedules and need part-time help...

I don't think karma is "biting you in the butt"...I think there are some choices you could make to help yourselves out....I know smoking is addictive (I know that personally because I had to quit!), but perhaps cutting down would help...and maybe purchasing hair-dye instead of food might be put off for a bit longer....
    And I'm sure if you posted your difficulties revolving around food couponing in the coupon section there are lots of people on here who could help.
    I hope things begin to look up for you both very soon!

thank you
    but fyi hair dye was free with coupon

poet food also free with coupon
    Last edited by idonovan; Fri, Jul 29th, 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by idonovan View Post
    thank you
    but fyi hair dye was free with coupon

poet food also free with coupon
    Good for you!
    You asked if you could move this post to the coupon section...perhaps a Mod will do that for you....
    Take good care, Hon!

Thread Information