User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Weed Man Services- The worst ever!! beware!!

Trading Score
    215 (100%)

My mother had called up the weedman services THREE years ago to get some weed extermination done,and that was the first and last time we ever ordered for the service. But apprantly they have started to bill us out of NOWHERE litteraly,askng us payment the for services they had done "this" summer which we NEVER ordered,because for the past few years, we have been taking care of the weeds ourselves, because we dont want the "bad" chemicals on our lawn,and since we have my little siblings who play on the lawn, we dont want those chemicals around them so US even ordering any servies is out of the question. SO recently they have been calling us, BOTHERING US,asking for the money, we explain to them every time about the situation that we did not order it ,etc etc, but they ALWAYS cut me off over the phone they HANG UP ON ME, EXTREAMLY bad services. They wont even listen to what I have to say, and speak really rudely to me. I dont know if ths has been happening to anybody else...but that is my experince,but I am amazed about how they can do this in canada, and I dont know what to do about this situation either..they wont listen to what i have to say,they are almost abusing me for something I have not done...and no,nobody signed any contrat or anything in my household that they can hold us responsible for any "payments" ..we diint even CONTACT them for 3 years ...they probably have some informatiion on my adrese etc from the services we took THREE YEARS AGO ...what B.s
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Bloo; Wed, Nov 19th, 2008 at 05:51 PM.

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Call their head office to speak with higher up- then go to BBB if not satisfied

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I am in agreement with Jenna. You will get a lot done if you fine a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and inform the Head office that you have done such. They will act quickly. I know it worked when I had a problem with Home Depot.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

That's incredibly fishy, i always get little slips from them in my mail slot. Do they stand there and measure your lawn giving you an estimate how much their services would be?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

bad news.. don't leave it go call the head office, and maybe your local new network. Good luck

Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xbbx View Post
    That's incredibly fishy, i always get little slips from them in my mail slot. Do they stand there and measure your lawn giving you an estimate how much their services would be?

They once had came onto our lawn,and my mom told them ,what are they doing,get off our lawn,and that was the first and last time we ever seen them on our lawn!! And they had been biling us for many "visits" they came,I tried talking to the manager,and she did not agree with me on this problem and said its impossible that THEY can do a mistake! I suggest anybody who gets bills from weedman,check what they are charging you,and keep track if anybody DOES come on your lawn! And they dont estimate or anything

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use to work for weed man as a CSR. I swear I left that place in 3 days of being employed lol I did not like they way the go about business and how they get there money.
    Shop,Free Products,Earn Money Now $$
    http://www.idakoos.com/a/trixyrox

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I may be a bit late to add to the fray here, but I just had my own distasteful experience with The Weed Man. They came to my front yard while I was having a coffee on the front porch yesterday, and proceeded to apply a new weed-kill product to my lawn. I thought they were just wheeling around to do a sizing up for an estimate, but they had actually done the application.
    I was handed an invoice and I asked them "who authorized this?" They didn't know, since they were just "the messengers", and I was on "their route list".
    The invoice had been pre-arranged, and it even showed a "previous balance" from what was apparently a weed-kill application made to my property on April 14th, unbeknownst to me. A subsequent phone-call revealed that my wife had supposedly authorized this back in December of 08, where I argued that this was always "my territory" and she wouldn't just give the go-ahead without my saying so. Predictably, my wife vehemently denied giving authorization, and the customer service rep for The Weed Man was very rude and argumentative. The only time I had ever previously dealt with this firm was for a single weed-kill application,
    5 years ago. How they thought they could just come on my property and do the job without proper authorization and expect payment, including late charges, I'll never know, and I certainly won't put up with it. I've just nicely gotten back to being employed and I have other "priorities" which easily supercede having to pay $500 to keep weeds away. We need to keep pushy people away!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I made this account just so I can write here.

I'm having similar problems as other people here. I keep receiving unwanted services, and being charged for it (after I repeatedly called them to cancel what I did not order). The customer representatives are rude and lie all the time. I'm not finding any luck for contact info for management positions in the company and the representatives hang up on me when I ask.

How did the others fare?? Were you able to get the problem solved? I want to talk to a person with more authority before I resort to BBB to get this problem solved.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was an employee years ago,when it meant something. I was blessed as my employer was very professional and would not have stood for shotty workmanship. I believe in value for my money and the way the weedman operates today under a new Owner infuriates me. To answer your Question all Weedman businesses are Franchises. the head office in charge of franchises and supplying weedman operations is below. contact them things will be resolved ASAP. Or at least it used to be. poor business practices could result in the pulling of franchise rights. If they cant help go to bbb.

Turf Management Systems Inc
    2399 Royal Windsor Drive,
    Mississauga, ON <NOBR>(905) 823-8550</NOBR>‎

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We had weedman service last year. After having weedman, the weeds grows better than EVER!!!. So we sent them a letter to cancel the service back to Sept. Then we received a call from them to request us to renew the service and we declined.

Today, we received a bill for $48.40 for lawn care. We did see a man walk around the backyard with empty hands...we thought it was the meter reader for our hydro.

BE aware of your service with weedman. If you cancled the service, PLEASE let them send you a letter to state that the service had been cancled or you will be like us be billed again for no service.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have similar experiences with you guys. We moved to the current home that we're living now a year ago and get all these services from weedman people who said they have contracts to do work in our yard. They pester us with notes and invoices for upcoming services. They will just come in to our yard with no appointments and staart doing who knows as my tenants never talk to them. They even open our door and leave services that we did not order. My wife get mad at them and still they keep on coming back. We got a lot of baby slugs now all over our lawn and we don't know where it came from. It is summer and really hot these days and we have a lot of slugs all over our yard. I am talking about baby slugs, all the same sizes. Please beware and this has to stop. I am going to BBB asap and will report to police if they harassed as again.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have always used Green Lawn. Had great results from them even with the time we had to cancel the service for financail reasons and had them calling us every month to reinstate our service (they stopped after I told them to stop calling).

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ' am in aw, to learn, that I am not alone in the weedman lack of business ethics.
    Beware to all, if you are not satisfied , there is no one there to help you, if you get a bill and choose not to pay, they will send you to a collection agency who will trash your credit . While you are complaining , the weeds are experiencing an Exponential growth to a point that the whole street who did not use their services had top grade green lawn. I was just tired of getting laughed at my lawn by neighbors , and paying lotsa money to weedman with very little results. I talked to the techniciens who came and they lead me on to follow a 2 year complete program for results . I trusted them and took their word for 4 years. The 4 to 5 treatments per year , they did skip a few and when they were approached they did 2 treatments back to back rather than credit the customer. I still payed my bill. Last year , I redid the garnishing around pool and walkway . Their technicien came and seeded around my garnishings and walkway rather than the lawn . Which incedently none of it grew and I had to reseed again on my own this year. No treatments and now about less than 10% weeds. So what can I say, I guess when it comes to customer satisfaction this company , does not have the will or resource to deliver.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! I'm glad (???!!!) to hear that I am not the only one who had problems with Weed Man. I did do business with them last year (summer 2009). When they called (dec. 2009), they asked me if I wanted to do business with them again. I said "sure". They said they were going to send me a contract. It never came. I assumed that I had no business with them anymore. Boy, was I wrong! Spring came and so did an invoice. They apparently had sprayed my lawn and were asking for $50. I called the office and try to explain the situation. They wanted to hear nothing. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They sure tried to resolve the matter but it did not work. At the end, I had the paid the invoice.

What the hear the best??? I just got a letter to Weed Man asking if I wanted to do business with them next year!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information