User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what is the best and worst holiday you have been on

Best would have to be France - first time abroad and there was a lot to do around there

Worst would have to be 3 years ago in Scotland - we stayed in a village with nothing in and it was about 10 miles to a local shop
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Best vacation: St. Lucia - my sis got married on the beach, we stayed in a beautiful inn on a mountainside

Worst vacation: Margarita Island - all 3 of us got sooo sick. They were refilling bottles of water at the water cooler with tap water (we didn't find out until days later). It was a 2 week holiday. We ended up eating crackers and gatorade from the corner store.

Never met a dog or coupon I didn't like.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Worst was my last vacation LOL 5 weeks ago and about 5 hours in and I ended up soooo sick I thought it was food poisoning. Came home early and ended up in the hospital for 8 and a half days...

best would probably have to be niagara falls years and years ago LOL so much to do there that we barely spent any time in the hotel it was great!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Best Vacation ( I have 2!) would be my 2 year UK working holiday... lasted 2 months in Scotland, but hated the job so I came to Canada to visit my sister in BC... ended up meeting my internet friend, got married, and ended up staying here! been here for just over 4 years.
    Also our trip to Australia last year.... it was DH's first time there... and I got to pack up all my stuff and bring it back to Canada, and do all the sightseeing with him, and eat lots of food lol etc etc...

Worst I would have to say my whole family went to Coffs Harbour( 6 hours drive from where I used to live back home) and my aunt was with us, and shes a grumble bum... and that summer we had huge bushfires close by, and also back home...
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Best: Bali and Japan about 12 years ago. 10 days of heaven in a 5 star resort. i was having a stressful time at work, and while on holidays did not think about work once until the last day. forgot all about how i had a real life thousands of miles away i was enjoying it so much. Really all over southeast asia is great!

Worst: January 2011 in South Asia. 3 days of food poisoning/general GI sickness. NOT FUN!!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Best- two summers ago we rented a house on a lake for a week. The kids each brought a friend. They had the downstairs and we had the upstairs. For the most part we spent all our time on our private beach with all the toys. Weather was perfect.
    or
    My DH and I spent a longweekend once in Whistler without kids. Hotel made a mistake with our room and they upgraded us to a beautiful place.

Worst- maybe not the worst but it's up there. Alaskan cruise. The whole family went. 10 of us. My parents, brother and family and my family. I have learned never travel with that many people if you don't know how to say "no thank you I don't want to do that!"

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

best holiday by far -mediterrain cruise -awesome many years ago

worst holiday:cant recall any off hand

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Best ; new york, a couple years ago, we went to six s. My brother and their father brought me. It was fun

Worst ; my mom planned a week in montreal. She booked a hotel in a rough part of town, we couldn't find a restaurant that didn't look sketchy and when we walked out of our hotel we'd see different cars with broken windows.
    My mom also wanted to leave 2 days after we got there. We were going to switch hotels but she wanted to come home. I really would've liked to stay, but she had motives that my brother had a party back at our house and she wanted to go check.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

um I llive under a rock so I don't venture out to often....lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Best: our trip to mexico this past March. Our first time at a resort and we traveled with some great friends. We had an amazing time!

Worst: Florida! We went to a family reunion for Dh's family. 30 people all trying to talk over each other. There were daily activities, mostly sporting, and a white board keeping track of everyone's points. It was hell.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Never been on holiday before, so... do staycations count? If so, they're all the best and worst 'cause they're all the same.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Best: I drove myself to Florida

Worst: Bus tour to Washington, DC with my mom and aunt ... it was fun seeing the sights and stuff, what made it worste about it was they rushed us through the attractions and sight seeing stuff

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Aw, the thread had to get ruined with spam. Oh well.

I've not have fantabulous or horrible vacations. A low point was camping with DS when he was maybe two or three. It rained. We got to the campsite, got the tent set up in the drizzle as DS was asleep in the car. Yay! But we tried to transfer him from the car to the tent, he woke up and was hysterical. "I don't like the tent! I want to go home!" We spent one miserable night camping, two nights in a hotel, then gave up and went home.

One of the better ones, I used to have a job that required me to travel to Toronto once a year. I had meetings for several days, then stayed over the weekend to make for cheaper airfare. On one of my last trips there, DH (who was just my boyfriend then) came for the weekend. I had the hotel room anyhow for the weekend that was paid for, he just had to pay his airfare and meals. All weekend we did touristy stuff - Toronto Zoo (which was amazing, we MUST go back with DS!), the CN Tower, that kind of stuff. And even then when I wasn't really into coupons, we had an Entertainment Book for BOGO admission to the CN tower, had food deals too.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Best: getting married in Punta Cana, Domincan Republic. Seriously the best trip ever! A week long party with our closest friends & family on a beautiful beach and all inclusive!

Worst: Cayo Coco, Cuba - I got a wicked sunburn and was sick for half the trip. I was dehydrated and very sick. And then of course I looked like a tomato for 2 weeks when I got home and then like something out of a horror film because the burn started peeling. ewwwww!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Best: 2wk vacation in Punta Cana, Dominican Replublic Dec 2010-Jan 2011. My fiance and I spent the two weeks together which included Christmas, his birthday, and New Years. It was the first time I had flown anywhere.

Worst: I haven't traveled much, so I don't really have one.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information