User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Had a similar experience at my local Walmart in regards to PM. I was told that the store they were matching had to be in a store in the mall area. When I told the manager that the store I wanted to PM was a 5 minute drive she still argued. I even wrote to customer service at walmart.ca three weeks ago but to no avail, they did not even respond that they had received my comments. I am tired of PM'ing they always find some kind of excuse not to PM, and it's probably a marketing ploy to get you into the store. :o(

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If I get a young cashier sometimes on a 2 for ? deal they just enter the price for one. So in your case they would just enter $2.50. But it always depends on the cashier.
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have price matched a fair amount at Walmart. What I have found is that there are certain stores who seem to train their staff better and in the end I figured this out and provide my business to that store specifically...it is great as I have had hassles in one and hense I don't both shopping there very often now. The one I do go to is in North London, ON and it is amazing for PMs!

Quote Originally Posted by mtlmom View Post
    Had a similar experience at my local Walmart in regards to PM. I was told that the store they were matching had to be in a store in the mall area. When I told the manager that the store I wanted to PM was a 5 minute drive she still argued. I even wrote to customer service at walmart.ca three weeks ago but to no avail, they did not even respond that they had received my comments. I am tired of PM'ing they always find some kind of excuse not to PM, and it's probably a marketing ploy to get you into the store. :o(

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I will only shop at WM if it is really worth it and will go where I prefer the customer service. The thing that really gets to me is not receiving a response from head office in regards to that store. I sent it a first time with no response and then a second time and I know they read the email because I asked for a confirmation receipt and received it the following day. That's what gets to me!!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wrote an email to Walmart and didn't hear a response, so I called. They advised me I would have a response by the end of the day. Which I did get. I then responded to Walmart's response. After 1 week, no response back, so I did a followup, and 3 weeks later still no response.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I went to price match at walmart today for a couple Zeller's sales and the cashier and supervisor both said that they weren't able to because of wording in Zeller's ad... it said " save up to 50%" even though it was a set $2.99 for the Axe/Dove they still couldn't. It had to say save $xx ( certain dollar value) before they could... anyone else have that problem?

Never Pay Full! =)
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How annoying. I guess it really depends on which cashier you go to..but dont let that one experience stop you. couponing is awesome!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would be calling the manager or something and complaining about not getting the Dove for $2.99. I ad matched that yesterday with no problems then used my $2.00 off Dove coupon. When I price match at Walmart I find that if I have a firm tone in my voice when talking to the cashier that I have no issues....it is like a sign to them that I know what I am doing and that I will not back down so they do not even bother trying to argue.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I would be calling the manager or something and complaining about not getting the Dove for $2.99. I ad matched that yesterday with no problems then used my $2.00 off Dove coupon. When I price match at Walmart I find that if I have a firm tone in my voice when talking to the cashier that I have no issues....it is like a sign to them that I know what I am doing and that I will not back down so they do not even bother trying to argue.

This is the first time I've ever had a problem with Walmart, and I thought it was kind of weird, it had a set price... I caved and went to Zellers and got the Axe BOGO, 2 bodywash ( $1off ) and the Gillette shaving cream as well ( $5 wub3) and spent $9 for all of it! I hadn't seen her before and I usually go to the same one who jsut wasn't working this morning when I was there

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

we got hassled over that price match. It was either price match or the BOGO. just left it there, because it would have actually been cheaper to bogo the walmart price. Customer service was useless too. First tried to say the zellers sale didnt start til tuesday, then tried to say they dont take printed coupons.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I would hold on to the receipt and the next time you are in the store bring it to customer service and tell them about the double charge. They should give you a refund even if it isn't the same day. I have done this in the past after getting home and finding an error, I just bring it back the next time I am in that store.
    Earn $50 a month with swagbucks

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/shellylynn31

Trading Score
    139 (100%)

Still kind of dissapointing when things dont quite go the way as you have it planned.
    ~ Becky ~

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

When I get overcharged on my bill, it burns my butt so bad I even lose sleep over it!!! LOL!! Here's what I do: I go to a line where the person in front of me has a bunch of stuff. This way, I have enough time to put all my items on the belt and then by the time it's my turn, I can watch every item go in and correct the cashier if he/she does anything wrong. With kids, I can't afford to go back to the store later, so this is how I save my sanity.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nofrills has same pm rule i try to pm last week carnation milk 4/5$ and they said if there is individual price per can they will but not like this

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think we've ever had an issue PMing at WM. We usually get our groceries there and there are times that my wife PMs half the cart. She'll put through all the stuff that doesn't have to be PM'd first then have her fliers ready and warn the cashier that she's PMing everything else. She's got everything marked and watches as it comes down the belt so she can look it up as it's coming (she also keeps a list of what is in which flyer). As long as she's buying the qty advertised she's never had a problem with the x for $y sales.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information