User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

So I call myself a couponer in training....I am sure most of you know this already but for those that don't here it is....So today was my first planned shopping trip with coupons in hand and I was really excited. I had found Mr. Clean products at Safeway 2for$5 so I showed the cashier the ad and she replied not only can they NOT price match a price for a club member they also can't price match a 2 for ?, etc. The ad must have the price per unit. I thought this was kind of silly but I guess thats how they get around ad matching as most larger stores offer a sale price for multiples and thats how they advertise them. But I was still excited that I saved 12.00 pretty good for me I thought. So when I got to my vechicle I realized that I was double charged on a item so I only actually saved 8.00. Oh well at least I still saved!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Safeway, Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

good for you

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, it is in their official PMing policy
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

sometimes though it says 2 for ? and underneath it says or one at $ which is good, they will accept that.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If it says 2/$5 or $2.79 each, they will PM at $2.79
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I seem to recall reading that wal-mart will match 'free' clubcard prices (safeway/SOF/etc...) but will not price match other club prices that have a membership fee involved (costco & such)
    I've also never had issues PM'ing 3 for $5 style ads in the past (from stores that don't require full multiples to be purchased)

Seems like a crapshoot what the answer will be each time, I've heard at least 4 different spiels about competitors coupons, multiple versions of rules about stacking, price matching, etc... Is there a link to said official walmart policy for canada? IIRC the only actual document I've seen floating around is the American version
    Last edited by Fury420; Fri, Jul 29th, 2011 at 04:27 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you are double charged for an item ever again, just run back inside. Preferably with all your groceries, just in case. They'll remove it from your bill and refund you.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Totally would have just back inside but have 3 little people so it just wan't worth the $4 but next time I will use better observation!

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley3313 View Post
    So I call myself a couponer in training....I am sure most of you know this already but for those that don't here it is....So today was my first planned shopping trip with coupons in hand and I was really excited. I had found Mr. Clean products at Safeway 2for$5 so I showed the cashier the ad and she replied not only can they NOT price match a price for a club member they also can't price match a 2 for ?, etc. The ad must have the price per unit. I thought this was kind of silly but I guess thats how they get around ad matching as most larger stores offer a sale price for multiples and thats how they advertise them. But I was still excited that I saved 12.00 pretty good for me I thought. So when I got to my vechicle I realized that I was double charged on a item so I only actually saved 8.00. Oh well at least I still saved!

there will be better days! i assure you!

happy couponing!
    "Couponing is my cardio."
    LF: icoke pins, Colgate, Crest Toothpaste, Irish Spring, Lever 2000, snuggle $1 off any

scoobie76
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

at my wm they price matched the g.g valley sel when they were on sale for 2/5$ plus I used my bogo, never a problem

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Still $8 is a great savings!
    The last time I was at walmart, I bought a 3 for $10 promo item. After checking out it was my fiance who noticed that the 3 for 10 was not applied and we had paid something like $3 extra. I took them to the CS desk where the very nice representitive scanned the 3 items to take them off the bill and then when she rescanned she only scanned two of them and gave me the difference in cash! She told me she did it on purpose and apologized for the inconvenience. It is rare that I encounter a pleasant Wal-mart employee so refreshing!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by olsenk View Post
    Still $8 is a great savings!
    The last time I was at walmart, I bought a 3 for $10 promo item. After checking out it was my fiance who noticed that the 3 for 10 was not applied and we had paid something like $3 extra. I took them to the CS desk where the very nice representitive scanned the 3 items to take them off the bill and then when she rescanned she only scanned two of them and gave me the difference in cash! She told me she did it on purpose and apologized for the inconvenience. It is rare that I encounter a pleasant Wal-mart employee so refreshing!
    That is just following policy, when there is a pricing error, you get the item free, up to $10 or $10 off if its more, then the others at the posted sale price
    ~ ~ ~

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I phoned the store after getting home and discovering they Doublecharged me (was PMing and I think the person got confused). Anyhow...they were great and told me to write her name on the receipt and get a refund the next time I was in the store.

$8.00 is still awesome savings

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    If you are double charged for an item ever again, just run back inside. Preferably with all your groceries, just in case. They'll remove it from your bill and refund you.
    I was at no frills and cheese slices still had the sale price from the previous week but I didn't realize that price was over. I bought 2 and when I got out the front doors realized they had charged $4.79 each. I went right back in and she asked me to point out where I got the cheese from. She saw the sign and said ok I'll refund the difference on the one and the other one is free because of scop. She then quickly ripped that old sign down,lol.

Finding Deals
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Every couponer gets better in time. I watch the register monitor like a hawk now, check very carefully, and usually am excited to use coupons with cashiers, so they kinda get a kick out of it when I come.

When you start getting things you need and use for a significant savings, then you are really in a good spot. Good luck! And remember to watch the cycles of product savings....from store to store there is a flow, and season to season.

IT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information