User Tag List

Page 197 of 226 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3376
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Congrats on the chicken pot pie @SnowFlakey Such a comfort dish to enjoy.

Both the lemon meringue and the smaller turkey dinner pie are gone! Thieves must have taken the last portions in the night I guess?
    So, this morning I made ( yeah from scratch, but just to use my machine again ) a 3 layer Dark Chocolate Cake that has sour cream in it and uses oil instead of butter in the batter? I only had 2 round cake pans so used my smallest pie plate for the 3rd cake layer.
    Icing was pretty simple...just unsalted butter and icing sugar whipped up together? Is that normal?
    No picture shall be posted because I cannot ice a cake to look pretty save my life! They always end up looking like a " before " photo. But that never stops me from showing my guys the finished product and shouting " Nailed It " ....
    Stay tuned, I MAY just post it anyway....
    bwahahaha!!!.

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/429368...7/#post7129579
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Apr 14th, 2021 at 01:42 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

i didnt bake anything but i made 8 jars of Sweet Marinated Cauliflour. Pics and recipe to follow.
    walkonby, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I looked in the freezer and took out 2 bags of 2 cups each bag of rhubarb and 2 bags of 1 cup each of strawberries. And tomorrow im making Strawberry Rhubarb pie! Gotta use up the fruits from last spring and summer.
    walkonby, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    walkonby i have a special pineapple upside down cake pan which is round and has the pineapple indentations . Thats another thing i havent made in a donkeys age. Must add this to my baking list. My daughter wants me to make Krustiki, its a ukranian fried cookie thingy. /But i want to teach her how to make them so it will have to wait until we can get together for a bit.
    @SnowFlakey as I was looking back for another post I came across this one you made and it had me thinking?? Could your Ukrainian fried cookie thing ( Krustiki ) be the same as my Mom's Italian fried cookie thing called Crostoli?

I Googled both and yep! Same really. I find this both fascinating and wonderful that different Counties traditions provide incredible memories through their cooking.
    My Mom and her sister used to make batches of these at Christmas. I finally learned how to as well making up some for my own kids.

Italian recipe:
    https://www.marcellinaincucina.com/crostoli-recipe/

Polish or Ukrainian Recipe:
    http://www.claudiascookbook.com/2015/01/06/khrustyky-ukrainian-fried-cookies/

Name:  Italian Crostoli.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  31.8 KB

Name:  Ukrainian Krustiki.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  61.8 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Apr 18th, 2021 at 06:24 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yesterday I made Banana Muffins, does anyone else get excited when they have bananas past their prime?

I also made another batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies as my last batch was dry but it was the recipe we always use. Honestly I cannot remember the last time we made Chocolate chip cookies so I was not sure if we needed to tweak the recipe? Nope, I think it was my crisco, it was not past it's expiration date but the box looked oily so I think the oil leaked out which caused my cookies to be dry. This time I used a tub I bought at Costco and they were perfect.

Now that I have figured that out I plan to make another batch I can put in the freezer so we can just cook them off a few at a time vs a whole batch cause let's be real when we make a whole batch we eat a whole batch.

This has been one of the harder things during Covid is I LOVE to bake but I used to take the "extras" to work and now I cannot so when I bake we are eating it all. This weekend I needed to bake, I had a week, I needed to bake and honestly wanted to make more but held back because if I make it we eat it.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just freeze extra baking after I make it-I find this easier than baking small batches.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Yesterday I made Banana Muffins, does anyone else get excited when they have bananas past their prime?

I also made another batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies as my last batch was dry but it was the recipe we always use. Honestly I cannot remember the last time we made Chocolate chip cookies so I was not sure if we needed to tweak the recipe? Nope, I think it was my crisco, it was not past it's expiration date but the box looked oily so I think the oil leaked out which caused my cookies to be dry. This time I used a tub I bought at Costco and they were perfect.

Now that I have figured that out I plan to make another batch I can put in the freezer so we can just cook them off a few at a time vs a whole batch cause let's be real when we make a whole batch we eat a whole batch.

This has been one of the harder things during Covid is I LOVE to bake but I used to take the "extras" to work and now I cannot so when I bake we are eating it all. This weekend I needed to bake, I had a week, I needed to bake and honestly wanted to make more but held back because if I make it we eat it.
    If you measure by volume, it's possible you used more flour than usual. Depending how loose or packed the flour is, one cup can range from not much more than 100 gm to around 150.
    ROMEO, cath007, SnowFlakey and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

orange sponge cake, my frosting did not turn out because i got the ratio wrong so it because an orange condensed milk sauce and my kiddos still liked it so it wasn't a total loss

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

here is the recipe and picture for Choufleur Sucre (Sweet Cauliflower)

4 cups sugar
    4 cups vinegar
    3 cups water
    2 cups finely chopped onions
    2 tbsps mustard seeds
    2 tbsps celery seeds
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp turmeric (carcuma)
    12 cups cauliflower

In a large pot, mix suger, vinegar, water, onions, mustard and celery seeds, salt and turmeric.

Bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes. Reduce heat and keep hot.

In another large pot, put cauliflower in boiling water and boil for 6 minutes or until tender. Fill sterilized jars with cauliflower and fill with vinegar mixture leaving some headspace. Eliminate air bubbles and cover tightly.
    ROMEO, Silk, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Name:  DSC00046.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  355.2 KB
    Silk, Purdee, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lovely! I remember jars of commercial pickles there would be that ONE ( or two ) pieces of cauliflower that we'd fight over.
    ha ha Your recipe solves that problem right there!

I am roasting whole carrots for one of the sides for dinner, that's baking....sort of. They are in the oven.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i had some leftover macerated strawberries so i made some scones; they will be my breakfast with my coffee
    i used an ice cream scooper to make the scones the same size
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Purdee; Tue, Apr 20th, 2021 at 01:45 AM.
    Silk, walkonby, SnowFlakey and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

they look great. I roll mine out and cut them out with a glass so they are all the same size. My Mum had a special scone cutter she used but I just improvise.
    SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Making an applie pie this morning. Got the apples peeled and mixed with some sugar, cinnamon and corn starch. Just waiting for the pie dough to defrost.
    Purdee, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Making an applie pie this morning. Got the apples peeled and mixed with some sugar, cinnamon and corn starch. Just waiting for the pie dough to defrost.
    Yummy. I do not like cinnamon but I'll eat apple pie; the cinnamon makes the dish.
    SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.

Page 197 of 226 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 ... LastLast

Thread Information