User Tag List

Page 199 of 226 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3376
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Baked a Slab Appie Pie this morning. The whole house smells delicious!
    Natalka, Purdee, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i haven't been baking much as i've been going into work monday to friday, but i like reading what you guys are baking and having for dinners
    Natalka, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This is frying, but there was no thread for " what did you last fry " so....

I thawed a 50 pack of Spring Roll wrappers on Wednesday night. They only sell them in 50's...so aggravating since they say do not refreeze.
    O.k. so Thursday night I made about 20 savory ones ( fine diced chx breast, grated carrot, green onion, hand fulls of bagged coleslaw that I pulverized in the food processor, drops of soy sauce and rice wine vinegar just to bump the flavour up some ) .
    Then approx. 20 sweet ones were made only because I did not mike up enough mixture.
    ( diced apple, banana, mango, maraschino cherries, raisins, with white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg type spices.
    Just too tired to make another fruit mixture till this morning, so the rest were recently filled, rolled and fried.

Gosh these tasty things disappeared fast!

Name:  Spring rolls.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  73.4 KB
    Natalka, Silk, Purdee and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    This is frying, but there was no thread for " what did you last fry " so....

I thawed a 50 pack of Spring Roll wrappers on Wednesday night. They only sell them in 50's...so aggravating since they say do not refreeze.
    O.k. so Thursday night I made about 20 savory ones ( fine diced chx breast, grated carrot, green onion, hand fulls of bagged coleslaw that I pulverized in the food processor, drops of soy sauce and rice wine vinegar just to bump the flavour up some ) .
    Then approx. 20 sweet ones were made only because I did not mike up enough mixture.
    ( diced apple, banana, mango, maraschino cherries, raisins, with white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg type spices.
    Just too tired to make another fruit mixture till this morning, so the rest were recently filled, rolled and fried.

Gosh these tasty things disappeared fast!

Name:  Spring rolls.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  73.4 KB
    It has been years since I did this, but a relatively quick and easy way to use up extra wrappers is simply to cut them into strips - the width is up to you - and fry them, then sprinkle with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar (it works better to do this before they cool down). Another possibility that's a bit more work is to make some caramel and drip it on.
    Silk, walkonby, SnowFlakey and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

@walkonby i make imperial rolls which have ground pork, shrimp, crab meat and veggies. When i was younger, my mom made all the girls roll them; it was a family thing. I guess like families that make perogies together. Anyway, thanks to my mom, i can roll them pretty uniform these days.
    Yes i also find it annoying the package comes in 50 and you are also right that they do not refreeze well. Sometimes i put pizza filling inside and my hubby likes them like that too.
    Last edited by Purdee; Sat, May 15th, 2021 at 01:34 AM.
    Natalka, Silk, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Just pulled out a batch of Banana Muffins, the house smells amazing
    Natalka, Purdee and SnowFlakey like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Buy real registered driver's license

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    Sometimes i put pizza filling inside and my hubby likes them like that too.
    The range of savory filling options is huge. Almost anything that has limited liquid content will do. For example, crumbled cooked ground beef can be turned in taco rolls, cheeseburger rolls, patty rolls, pasty rolls, etc., etc. Similarly, cooked chicken, ham et al can work in various ways.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

that is true.
    i have tried making loaded baked potato spring rolls; it's a popular dish from a restaurant in vegas that i don't remember the name. Anyway, they did not turn out right and i think it was because of the mashed potato filling. I will have to play around with that recipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    The range of savory filling options is huge. Almost anything that has limited liquid content will do. For example, crumbled cooked ground beef can be turned in taco rolls, cheeseburger rolls, patty rolls, pasty rolls, etc., etc. Similarly, cooked chicken, ham et al can work in various ways.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

this morning i made a small batch of Chef Tila's Sweet and Salty Brown Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies. I cut the recipe in half to see if the cookies are as good as all the reviews i've read. They were very yummy.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Smart idea to half the recipe @Purdee . I looked up the recipe. Browning the butter must make the difference. I only have dark brown sugar so might just use a full cup instead of running out for the light brown.
    I almost made a batch of Martha Stewart Danish butter cookies yesterday. Changed my mind now, chocolate chip it is! ha ha

Update:

Made one batch . Interesting steps like browning the butter, refrigerating the tray-ed cookies for one hour before baking....I've never done that before.
    Decadent cookies though.....one is all you need.

Name:  Salty Sweet Choc Chip cookies.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  58.9 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, May 16th, 2021 at 07:27 AM.
    Silk, Purdee, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Mmmmm, I had 1 container each of blueberries and strawberries. Recipe search! Made a fruit Bar, similar to a Crumble. Also piped sweetened cream cheese mixture onto halved strawberries and placed 3 blueberries on top.
    The cream cheese had Amaretto mixed in it....Bonus! ( not my pics, but mine look exactly like these )

Name:  Red White and Blue berries.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  Fruit bars.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  17.3 KB

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Change in plans found out I need to work tonight so I had to get my baking done at lunch. I made Nanny Special Apple Pie, it is an Apple pie without a crust, instead it has like a shortbread with an egg top crust.

Also whipped up a batch of Chocolate chip cookie, I had a craving
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Baked from frozen: 4 Apple Croissants and 4 Chocolate Croissants. Should have made more because they are all gone!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

DS made a larger version of creme brulee last night, adding his egg whites to the ones already in the fridge from an earlier recipe.
    ( I now had at least 7 egg whites to try and use up? )
    Figured I'd make a pie until he revealed that he loved those hard melt in your mouth cookies called meringues.
    Such a coincidence.... I also love them!
    The mixture/batter was made quickly, but I had to ice cream scoop the cookies onto the parchment as I could not find my cloth piping bag with the really large tip.

Then I decided to make a lemon pie anyways. Everything went smoothly until I foolishly decided to use up the remaining batter from the cookies on top of the lemon filling, along with the other egg whites I had whipped separately. The pie was well covered!
    I won't know what this will be like to cut into, but it sure looks cool! Mt last few blunders I've made with baking, saw both DS and DH raving over the end results and recommended I do the same mistake again. I'm hoping this will be like that.

Name:  cookies and pie, lesson learned.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  83.0 KB

Page 199 of 226 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 ... LastLast

Thread Information