User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Aproxomently a month ago I purscahsed an at home waxing kit by VEET owned by Reckitt Benckiser. I used the product as directed; the product than caught on to my eyelash and ripped half of the eyelash off. This should never happen, I have been using thsese products for 9 1/2 years now! To top it of after dealing with large amounts of pain, i had a redness all over my face that than turned into scars the day after above my lip. I spent the evening in the Ottawa civic hospital, at this point my eye was in alot of pain i was seeing blurry but the doctor said it was too early to tell if there would be eye damage. After leaving the emergancy at 6 in the morning I than got ready for my 9 o'clock shift at work. When I had arrived to work my eye was still in pain and the redness had turned into scabs. Since the scabbing fortuantly enough the scabbing has only lasted a week but i am left with two small scars on the side of my mouth. My eyelashes have still not grown back. I cannot even get eyelash extensions because there is no eyelash left to apply them too I have seen sevral estiticains no one can coerrect the problem.
    Reckitt Benckiser, has been "dealing" with the situation. When I say "dealing" what i really mean is doing NOTHING! I have recived a package to mail them the products back and have done so this was 19 days ago. Apperently they haven't recived anything back?? No one is retuning my calls, no Sorry letter, not even a coupon ( not that I would use it ) not even a renbursment for the product! I spoke with a lawyer she told me I would need a $5000 retainer but it was not worth my time becuase I would only recive about $3000 off of the case.
    What I would like to acomplish is to make sure no other person is harmed with these products that are being sold in drugstores nation wide! I would also love for people to know that Reckitt Benckiser has awful customer service and nothing is done when there is an ACTUAL problem with one of their products!
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Wick

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Wow, so sorry this has happened to you! I hope the company comes through for you though.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

sorry to hear of your misfortune

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your experience. Were there Canadian Coupons involved with this? Perhaps this would be best posted in the "Canadian Product Reviews" forum or the "Canadian Shopping Discussion" forum. Thanks!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Sorry to hear about this!!
    CentrallyCalm has sent out 28 trains!...whoo hoo! Teaching Newbie Coupon Classes! Let me know if you'd like to come to a class, in person, face to face; with real handout reference & teaching materials... it's the only class quite like it! PM for details & areas where I will teach!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So sorry to hear about this.
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

HORRIBLE. Missing eyelashes is awful. be well.

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thats awful I hope everything works out!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Awww I'm sorry that happened to you and all the stuff you had to go through. Reckitt Benckiser has horrible customer service I had an issue with a product and the customer service was awful! If I were you I would keep emailing them, and calling and tell them you want to speak to a manager. Don't stop till you get something out of it, they will purposely not respond to your emails hoping you will stop but don't, everything you went through you deserve something. I would call and speak to a manager someone more than just a customer service rep, that can actually do something for you and look into it for you. Best of luck, let me know how it goes.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your pain.

I've gotta ask...what on earth were you doing to get veet on your eye lashes?

EDIT: So I was thinking lol...were you trying to do your eyebrows?
    I've only ever used veet/nair on my legs. Leave everything else to the professionals!
    Last edited by sarajk; Thu, Aug 4th, 2011 at 06:50 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

From what you said, I think the manufactuer has commited tort. They definitely breached their standard of care if you have followed all instructions and used the product for reasonable purposes. Read the package and/or manual from the product again very carefully, and see if you have committed any contributory negligence.

I don't think you should mail the product back. The product is an evidence for your case. Also, make sure you keep your receipt and doctor's reports and take lots of photos documenting your injury. Go file a lawsuit against the manufacturer in the small claim court! Usually you get a court date within one year. A lawyer is not mandatory, you can do research on related laws and regulations yourself, and then speak for yourself in the court with enough evidence.

If you have missed work due to your injury and incurred out-of-pocket expenses, keep records and receipts. You can sue them for the financial damage. If the manufacturer is dealing with you in bad faith, consider sue them for punitive damage too.

If you need some professional legal advice and you are in Ontario, you can ask the Law Society of Upper Canada for a 30-minute consultation with a lawyer it appoints at a nominal fee without any obligations.

Meanwhile, do not forget to file a complaint with BBB. Hope this helps. (For legal advice, do not quote me! Speak with legal professionals.)

After you file your lawsuit, if the manufacturer offers to settle and you think their offer is reasonable, settling out of court may save you some time and hassle. However, make sure you try hard to negotiate.
    Last edited by Heartroad; Thu, Aug 4th, 2011 at 06:47 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear about this. As a wax user, I can only imagine the pain. I myself have a fear of waxing my eyelashes accidently. I don't know how you would fault Veet for this though? If you were using hot or warm wax, it is up to the user to apply it correctly and heat it to the appropriate temperature. It is just one of the perils of doing these things at home.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh man. That totally bites. If they were smart they would have somehow compensated you, as if others experience similar effects, a class action may be possible, and $3000 would be nothing in comparison. The most important thing- Is your eye better? Do you know if it caused longterm damage? I think it will take a while, but your eyelashes should eventually grow back. There is always false eyelashes, and if it is just a few it probably isn't even that noticeable.

Thanks for sharing, funny I got the veet wax sample last week and cut a couple pieces to use on my eyebrows (WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN IN LIGHT OF YOUR SITUATION) and it didn't work, nor did it work on my bikini line. It just left this goey mess that I had to scrub off with baby oil.

Maybe try to hassle the company some more, if not a response might be on the way. Good luck.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

ouch, it sounds like the veet took a layer of your skin off. this company needs to care more about their customers. they should pay for your scar removal. i hope your eyelashes grow back soon
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I'm really very sorry to hear about your pain. I can feel it as I was in the same situation as you're.

I have been using waxing at home for years, I used Alexandria (Canadian brand, excellent one, never caused any scars and works very efficiently!). But some times I switch to Veet. That was OK for me (not as good as Alexandria, but it's ok), or, actually, I switched to Veet and will never ever do that again!

I'd used Veet on my face before and never had scars. But about a month ago I tried a new Veet, with easy grips (though, I think, chemical ingredients are the same, only design is different), for sensitive skin. It had some samples for face. After using those samples, my face was very red and swollen. And I also had 2 scars, one on my cheek, and another one - on my chin. That was first time that happened to me because of waxing. Fortunately, I have a good moisturizing cream, I applied that (ROC Hydra+), but I couldn't sleep well because of burning pain that day. I had those scars for more than 2 weeks.

I emailed Veet and told them about my bad experience. They mailed me an FPC for any Reckitt product. But I will never buy Veet any more.

Fortunately, I still have Alexandria. But when I ran out of that, no, I won't buy either Veet or Nair. I'll just do wax at home by myself, at least there'll be no chemicals in that.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Thread Information