User Tag List

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I figured a review of the ProMist mop might be helpful since there are a lot of coupons floating around for them. I actually bought mine when they first came out and I didn't have a coupons so I paid the full price of $26 . I liked the fact that once you purchase it, there are no refills to buy. You fill the soap/water canister with your own solution and you throw the pad in the washer and reuse it up to 100 times. I am not a fan of cleaning supplies that require a refill so this was the mop for me!

I have had the mop for awhile now and I am fairly pleased with it. I will say that I wouldn`t recommend it for heavy cleaning if your floors are really dirty because there is no option to rinse the pad like you do with a mop and bucket. It is great for every day cleaning though. You put about a Tbsp of soap with some hot water in the canister and simply spray and area and mop it up. I would suggest pulling the pad off and rinsing it under the tap a couple times during cleaning so you are not just spreading dirty water around. You can even store the left over soap in the mop for next time. My only complaint is that the soap canister is a little hard to pull off the mop to fill it. It is easy to reattach though.
    I would recommend this product for everyday light cleaning, but not for heavy duty messes where constant rinsing is required
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Thanks for the review! I am planning to purchase one of these this weekend since my steam mop bit the big one, and the promist is on sale at rcss.

I like that you can use any cleaner, and there is nothing to plug in.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Thanks for the review. I will keep an eye out for one on sale.

;;;
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    Thanks for the review! I am planning to purchase one of these this weekend since my steam mop bit the big one, and the promist is on sale at rcss.

I like that you can use any cleaner, and there is nothing to plug in.
    Do you know how much the pro mist is on sale for @ RCSS?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i love this but i must warn that the spray mechanism breaks after awhile.maybe i am squeezing it too fast but i had to buy another mop.i do like that you can provide your own solution,so that makes it a 7/10 for me.it would be a 10 if the mechanism didn't lock up all the time

~just your average nerd~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    477 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    i love this but i must warn that the spray mechanism breaks after awhile.maybe i am squeezing it too fast but i had to buy another mop.i do like that you can provide your own solution,so that makes it a 7/10 for me.it would be a 10 if the mechanism didn't lock up all the time

The spraying mechanism also broke. I called vileda and they said I put too much cleaning solution that the spray is clogged. She told me i should clean rinse the spray at the bottom to wash away some of the soap scum that is clogging it. I did that and the spray worked for a couple of sprays and again the spray mechanism was stuck again. So frustrating!!! Also the dirt just gets pushed to the corners. I won't ever buy this product again!!
    Join to earn GCs and many more prizes..
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/linny

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

linny I agree with you, The same thing happened to me, E-mailed the place and they said the same thing and the same thing happened my MIL has one as well and does the same thing, I am going to e-mail them again there is no way I am going to just let $40 of waste sit in our cleaning closets, I would not recommend at all

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

yeah i am officially going back to old yarn mop and bucket.this is novel for an apartment or a dorm,but not a house with kids that the floors need washed almost daily.the mechanism still sticks and wont spray all the way.they arent getting anymore money from me. i have always liked the yarn mops anyhow...

~just your average nerd~

Thread Information