User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I heard 'through the grapevine' that our local Argyle Winners will be closing eventually, and that the No Frills is builing a new store in the parking lot. and that WalMart will be taking over the Winners store and expanding. Im sure I heard somewhere or read it that the east end would be getting a WM Supercentre.. so maybe this is it.. at this point not sure what will be going in where the No Frills is now. will update if i hear anything.
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills, Walmart, Winners

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think the East End Super Walmart is slated for Commissioners at Highbury??? My hubby worked for Walmart and is now with Winners and there has been no mention of the Winners in Argyle closing?? I do know that there are plans for a movie theatre on Dundas St E which will be a bonus. Please keep us updated as the grapevine is usually the first to know, even before management!

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Ive been hearing about WM going up at commissioners and Highbury for quite some time now but I also heard that the people who live in the summerside subdivision have openly opposed to having a wm built across the street and that is why nothing is happening yet. Rumors so who really knows
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have a bit of an 'in' with the planning dept at City Hall. Really there isn't much the residents can do. I believe that Walmart owns the property and it is on their list of developments. The question is 'when' as they have property in the South West too!!

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

The argyle Wm is indeed becoming a superstore WM!!!! Not sure if you have been there lately but if you have you would have seen the construction by the liquor store. That's where they are moving the stores from the mall so WM can expand!! I was roild be the end of 2012 they would be fully converted to a superstore WM!!! WOOHOO so excited

[MrsSunshine;3727395]I heard 'through the grapevine' that our local Argyle Winners will be closing eventually, and that the No Frills is builing a new store in the parking lot. and that WalMart will be taking over the Winners store and expanding. Im sure I heard somewhere or read it that the east end would be getting a WM Supercentre.. so maybe this is it.. at this point not sure what will be going in where the No Frills is now. will update if i hear anything.[/QUOTE]

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

If this ends up being true...I am going to be one very happy girl!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I dug a bit and found out that Amanda4 is right. The new development in the parking lot is to house some of the stores inside the mall. And then some of the Mall will be taken down. Winners, NoFrills and Walmart will all still be there.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so NF and Winners will be moving to new locations in the parking lot. thats cool. all i can see are great job opportunities. hmm. interesting.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

I'm always right LOL!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYS View Post
    I dug a bit and found out that Amanda4 is right. The new development in the parking lot is to house some of the stores inside the mall. And then some of the Mall will be taken down. Winners, NoFrills and Walmart will all still be there.

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

That would be so convenient to have a wm in the southeast side. My mother lives right at commissioners and deveron so it would be within walking distance... now they just need to break the ground!!

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYS View Post
    I have a bit of an 'in' with the planning dept at City Hall. Really there isn't much the residents can do. I believe that Walmart owns the property and it is on their list of developments. The question is 'when' as they have property in the South West too!!
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so are we getting both.. a WMSC in both the north east and south east end?

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I"ve now heard that we might be getting an Ikea.. supposedly on our news last night?

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

it is coming somewhere in London I don't know where!!!! But I do know we are getting Ikea for sure. I think it is in 2012 or 2013!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    I"ve now heard that we might be getting an Ikea.. supposedly on our news last night?

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

good question!!

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

They plan to wait till they build this one and see how it goes till they make the final decision on whether to build the second WMSC.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information