User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We've just been told that our 10 year old Echo is a Total Loss after an accident on the weekend We're looking to replace it with a used vehicle and not wanting to spend a heck of a lot of money as it's our second vehicle.

The manufacturer dealerships tend to stock only late model inventory, so I'm thinking that we're going to have to look the independent dealerships. My problem is I'm not sure which ones we can trust. Does anyone have any recommendations?

PS I live in the Conroy/Hunt Club area of Ottawa so it would be nice if there were some in the south end that I can be pointed to. I have heard good things about Orr Motors, but they are basically on the opposite end of the city.....

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Independent

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will only ever buy a used car at Car Canada because they sell good cars and don't work on commission. Like the dealerships, they only sell newer models though. Do you have a mechanic that you trust? Maybe they could recommend someone.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's a used car dealer on 2013 Saint Laurent Boulevard, its called Motor X

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

If you are willing to go to Brockville (South of Ottawa), I would recommend Pastime Motors on King Street West. They have a website with their cars listed I think…

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I bought my car from a dealership on the quebec side. I can look up the details if you want. just PM me
    A little goes a long way!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Always, always, always ask for the accident report ... I forget what it's called here, but it's the same thing as the Car Fax down in the US. You'll see any registered accidents and insurance claims. I would NEVER buy a car without checking this first.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone. We ended up buying from a company called Envoy on St. Laurent. Truthfully I wouldn't recommend him (a little sleezy). But we got a very good deal. Car Proof checked out, and Bel-Air Toyota did safety inspection for us. Can't say enough good things about Bel-Air...especially Tony (the service manager).

Thread Information