User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    It's FARTHER FOR ME!!! You're close compared to me!!

where is this majical place pretty please

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The SDM that used to be on James St. N. moved to a new location at Cannon St. and Victoria Ave N. last year. Have not been there--any good/poor shopping experiences or store stock stories?

The SDM in Westdale is small but handy for postal office needs and it's on the B-Line route too. Local bakery is a few steps away too.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I haven't been to that one yet, Ciel, I read something online where someone said that it wasnt where they said it was, will have to go check it out. I am going to Giant Tiger tomorrow anyway
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Yeah but we have one car and he doesnt want to go all the way there for SDM lol
    Bribe him with cookies

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

He knows he can get cookies closer to home
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Ciel, I looked it up and its Wellington & Cannon, does that sound right?
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, FallenPixels, that's right. I was off by a few blocks east but the store is new. The former James St. N. store had metal bars on the windows and obvious security guard patrolling in the evening hours. Considering that James St. N. is Hamilton's new hot "art" zone, those store measures rather conveyed a less welcoming atmosphere. There had to be practical reasons so I endured them for the two visits I had there.

BTW, I did do a run into The Centre on Barton's SDM about 2-3 months ago. Nice but sterile store complete with ubiquitous 5 cent bag charge sign and only one open cash lane. The land of too-high curbs for pedestrians (was taking the bus to get there and walking to the shops closest to the stops)--I had only gone to Payless afterwards then hiked out of the "centre." It would not hurt if the centre management established a website, like Heartland Centre does, and put up maps at road entrances as to what is where. But that's too logical.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yeah, I had a major CS issue there when a cashier reached across and pulled something out of my wallet - I just can't see myself ever stepping foot into the Centre Mall location again

Even driving to Centre Mall is a disaster, they have half the road dug up, tires throw loose stones up (and the bus stops near it were closed anyway since the road was all dug up there, so you had to walk from Ottawa)
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use the SDM on Concession St (if I'm at work) or Centre Mall SDM (if I am at home). Both have accepted my coupons with no problem.
    Casey

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Concession St. store is paces away from the bus stop so it's handy for a quick purchase of a drink or reading material.

In general though, when buying bus tickets at Shoppers, give yourself plenty of time for the transaction. Lime Ridge store seems to move fast enough (usually has tickets at cash) but suburban stores may have to get a second staffer to bring tickets to cash. I kid you not, as it has happened in the Meadowlands SDM to me when only one till was open and the second person was somewhere in the back of the store.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The one at Cannon & Wellington is decent and ~shock~ super friendly cashier
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I haven't used the one in Stoney Creek (Hwy 8 & Millen) too often with coupons. But when i have I didn't have a problem.

DO NOT VENTURE DOWN TO THE ONE AT CENTRE MALL!!!!

I really can't stress enough how horrible it is down there now.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I can't stress how much I agree with that statement about Centre Mall, a cashier there actually put her hand in my wallet
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow, really she put her hand in your wallet
    Casey

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    The SDM that used to be on James St. N. moved to a new location at Cannon St. and Victoria Ave N. last year. Have not been there--any good/poor shopping experiences or store stock stories?

The SDM in Westdale is small but handy for postal office needs and it's on the B-Line route too. Local bakery is a few steps away too.
    The new Cannon location is huge with a full cosmetics area and a wall of refrigeration units and a bunch of freezers. I had one issue there with a lady not understanding how to process a FPC, but other than that it's been great.

Personally I find the move kind of annoying. I work in the north end, and I would stop into the James street on my way into work. So annoying to not have one anymore!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information