User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is my 2nd month couponing and this site has been awesome - thank you to all of you!!! Went looking for these last night - checked the Oak Bay News in @ Oak Bay Library but it wasn't in there. Went to downtown library but they didn't have any copies of Victoria News. Tried Saanich Library but they didn't have any boxes for papers at all so finally headed out to Langford to get the Goldstream Gazette (wanted to be sure to get a couple!). I went to their head office on Goldstream (by the theatres) - got there and found that most of them were gone! I did pick up 3 copies (myself and 2 friends) but there were only a couple of copies left so try some other locations out there. While I was there I looked in the copies of the Saanich News & the Victoria News to see if they would be carrying the flyers but neither of them had any flyers at all in them? Maybe each area is responsible for inserting their own flyers - I was hoping to be able to let everyone know which papers they would be in but... sorry, can't help! Good luck everyone! And thanks again for all your AMAZING help! Couponing is adictive and fun!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

From what I've found in the past there appear to be three or more distinct sets of flyers for Saanich News (likely Vic news as well) depending on the intended destination

Some delivery areas get a massive bundle, which on fridays is often 15+ different flyers from everything in town (grocery, department, pet, home depot/rona, buckerfields, tools, etc...), 3 inches thick & weighs like 5lbs lol
    Some areas appear to get a slimmer bundle of 6-8 flyers that didn't have coupon inserts

And then theres the papers in high traffic & urban areas, the boxes in malls, rec centers, libraries, etc... which have a handful of thin flyers tops, and no coupon inserts. These weigh like nothing, and they could fit like 30 papers in a box that'd only hold 10 of the ones with a full flyer bundle.

I've also heard people mention finding coupon inserts in Saan. News from stores, but I haven't.

hope this helps someone

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for the help everyone - picked up my very first Redplum & PG Brandsaver today! So exciting lol. I'm about to be an unemployed, starving student so these will go a long way.

I had to go through a bunch of those Goldstream Gazette's to actually find one that had an insert in them. AND I took the entire paper. Please, if you're looking for just an insert, take the entire paper anyway. It saves a ton of time for others rather than searching through every empty paper!

I also noticed the inconsistency of flyer amounts in the different papers! At the Monday Mag/Blackpress office on Broughton, there's a copy of each paper. These actually have the lowest amount of flyers. I then grabbed a copy of the Saanich news at the library and it had a decent amount. Now, seeing what's in the Gazette (5 lbs lol @ Fury), there were tons of flyers! Definitely going to try to remember to grab one whenever i'm out that way!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amymichelle2 View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone - picked up my very first Redplum & PG Brandsaver today! So exciting lol. I'm about to be an unemployed, starving student so these will go a long way.
    Glad we can help, its a shame this month's Redplum is such a joke, but brandsaver is always useful

Quote Originally Posted by amymichelle2 View Post
    I had to go through a bunch of those Goldstream Gazette's to actually find one that had an insert in them. AND I took the entire paper. Please, if you're looking for just an insert, take the entire paper anyway. It saves a ton of time for others rather than searching through every empty paper!
    One or two can't hurt anything, but on the other hand... we don't wanna be collectively cleaning out the boxes in our quest for coupons and deprive others interested in a read over the weekend, a paper to take in to work, etc....

Guess it depends on where the box is and how full it is, better us couponers wasting a few moments hunting than us couponers wasting many newspapers

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

So pissed... They weren't in the Peninsula News Review this time. ARGH!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information