User Tag List

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Love my annual call to my cable, phone, internet company

Never Pay Full! =)
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

can anyone post what theyre paying with Shaw? Shaw is actually rogers with a different name out west. I have cable and internet paying $112 a month with Shaw. What a great thread!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have through shaw...
    High speed internet
    phone
    TV with HD PVR unit and a regular cable box
    150 a month grrrrr.
    I am in Calgary
    Check out my TRADE and WISH List
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/smileslly/

it Is what it is
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I have 2 Blackberrys, HD cable, with TMN, Hi speed internet, and home phone with Rogers...it is just over 200. a month.

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fullyfrugal View Post
    can anyone post what theyre paying with Shaw? Shaw is actually rogers with a different name out west. I have cable and internet paying $112 a month with Shaw. What a great thread!!
    Shaw is *not* Rogers. They are 2 unrelated companies that sell similar products. That's like saying GM is Chrysler in a different area because they both sell cars.

Ron.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx123 View Post
    If you are calling to get a discount with your current provider ask to speak to their Loyalty and Retention department.
    I really should do this. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fullyfrugal View Post
    i only have personal tv with hd (with extra grp 2 channels cause i like my tlc) and broadband 50 internet with shaw ...about 95$

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have high speed internet, home phone and cable for about 170$ ish.-- with Shaw

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

WTG! I always seem to get rude and unhelpful reps when I call Rogers.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I called Bell in June and asked what they could do as I was trying to cut my fees.. I have satelite with them, 2 cellphones that are used only to call each other, home phone and internet. I was patched through to the "loyalty Dept" had an amazing customer service rep. We went through all of my services and without losing any service I got my bill cut by 100$ a month. Recently my sister was here for a few weeks and she asked me to call for her. She doesn't have the same services but I managed to get $45 off her bill.

I don't think you need to threaten to cancel.. Just ask for the loyalty dept, tell them you are trying to cut costs and ask if they can help you with that.

I was amazed that I was able to save $1200 a year just by making a call and spending about 20 minutes with a very friendly helpful person.
    Murray Brown likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm in Manitoba and currently pay Shaw $75/month for basic cable! I use MTS (manitoba telephone system) for landline, 2 cell phones & internet $200/month and that's with a $40/month discount for bundling!!! MTS does not have television here yet. Because we have no other television service here we are kinda stuck with the pricing Shaw gives us....grrrrr. We can get a Bell dish I guess but previous experience with them was not favorable. I will call a Loyalty and Retention CSR and see if Shaw can do something better for me. Would really like to get Digital/HD but the PVR alone is $298 - they won't let us rent one here like people do in the south! The joys of living in the north. Got us by the short and curlies LOL!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have 30 percent off for a year with Rogers. We have so many service and reception issues. They called last year when my phone deal was ending and I had a lot of complaints so first they offered 2 free movies. Then switched that to 20% but told me I had to commit for a year which I did. But they quoted savings amounts. They ended up not being true because when they put on the discount, they took away the VIP, so I had to call to complain. They upped it to 30%. Now I am still having issues. We bought our PVR box almost 2 years ago and have had to replace it twice and may need to again before our 2 year warranty it up. They screwed up and erased several weeks worth of shows off of our PVRs to 1000s of households and then a few weeks ago it happened again to me, not sure if others were affected that time. They were supposed to send a service call, but nobody came (as per usual). When I call again, who should I speak to and what should I be offering. It's to early to renew the 30%, but could use a free PVR and account credit. Also they keep offering free movies but then they have computer issues and can't enter it. aargh

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    I'm in Manitoba and currently pay Shaw $75/month for basic cable! I use MTS (manitoba telephone system) for landline, 2 cell phones & internet $200/month and that's with a $40/month discount for bundling!!! MTS does not have television here yet. Because we have no other television service here we are kinda stuck with the pricing Shaw gives us....grrrrr. We can get a Bell dish I guess but previous experience with them was not favorable. I will call a Loyalty and Retention CSR and see if Shaw can do something better for me. Would really like to get Digital/HD but the PVR alone is $298 - they won't let us rent one here like people do in the south! The joys of living in the north. Got us by the short and curlies LOL!
    Ask if they have the *easy own* plan for the Digital box, I recently started that plan since I am paying monthly anyway for the rental, the easy own plan is ten bucks cheaper than the rental, but it is a 3 year contract (or around there anyway). But..in the end it's yours. They also take the easy own payment for the box only off your credit card, it's not applied to your regular bill.
    An option to consider if you want it and they offer it
    Check out my TRADE and WISH List
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/smileslly/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmileSlly View Post
    Ask if they have the *easy own* plan for the Digital box, I recently started that plan since I am paying monthly anyway for the rental, the easy own plan is ten bucks cheaper than the rental, but it is a 3 year contract (or around there anyway). But..in the end it's yours. They also take the easy own payment for the box only off your credit card, it's not applied to your regular bill.
    An option to consider if you want it and they offer it
    They won't let us rent the box period! Have to purchase it outright which is totally unfair. My son lives in Winnipeg and did not have cable at all. He only had internet (with Shaw). Shaw called him up a few months ago and offered him all the Basic & HD channels AND the PVR for only $1.00/month added to his internet bill. They won't do that here. No competition here so they charge us top dollar! I will call and try to get some sort of discount.....maybe mention "Bell" to them as many people here have Bell Satellite. I'll keep you posted.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I pay 180+ a month with shaw.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjill View Post
    Yea! Did my annual call to my company tonight...recieved my same discount of 30 Percent and a new HD PVR and free HD services!!!!

love it!!!
    I'm with Cogeco and I'm paying around 130 for internet and cable and just got a letter that they want to increase it more in October. I was thinking to call them to downgrade, maybe they will offer something better. I've been with Cogeco for 3 years (I used to be with rogers but I moved and there is no Rogers here) and I think 130 is too much for internet and cable.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information