User Tag List

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Love my annual call to my cable, phone, internet company

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i just have internet and tv with rogers.

my phone call got me a free hdpvr, and a free modem and 20% off each service.

i hate the pvr, it's soo big. maybe next yr they will have a smaller one!

phone for me is free anyhow, i have magicjack
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm with Rogers too, I called about 4 times (ask for customer service), spoke to a different person each time. The first three people had nothing good to offer, (minor discounts of like $5 which was nothing) so I didn't agree to anything.

By my forth call to them, I lucked out, this guy offered me 30% off ALL my services for a year (cable, internet, and phone) which worked out to close to $45 off / month, or near $600 for the year! He also said in the 2nd year, it would drop to 20% off for all my services. So I jumped aboard and told him to sign me up with that promo.

I think the secret is call and keep asking what promo's they have. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to mention what other competitors are offering, and how much you'd prefer to stay with your current provider...

IF you don't like their offer, call again, and again till you get a good offer. Maybe those higher up can offer better promos??

I still can't figure out how they work cause if you tell one rep about the offer another rep told you, they act like they never heard of such a thing....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsfd View Post
    I've got all my services with Bell. Cell x2, internet, phone & Satellite with PVR. What do you think I should be paying...Any ideas??
    I'm guessing $300+ with Bell?

Oxford County Coupon Girl deniconn's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I hate the annual call... I hate calling Rogers at all, They are so frustrating to deal with!! This year wasn't so bad though, we got the same deal as last year... still 30% off (for 2 years this time actually) of all of our services (we have everything with them). Also, last year, they gave us the PVR for 12 months for free, and then it goes to $25/month (INSANE!!), so I said I would also like to arrange to return that. Here's how the rest of that convo went:

ROGERS: You should consider keeping it for $17.95/month.
    ME: No thanks.
    ROGERS: Would you consider keeping it for $6.95 per month?
    ME: Honestly, it's in our bedroom and we hardly ever use it... It's not even worth $1 per month to us.
    ROGERS: Okay, how about $1 per month then?

LOL, I finally agreed to that just to save the hassle of dropping the thing off!

I also got my credit card interest rate dropped 6% this year just by calling and asking!!!!!
    Last edited by deniconn; Fri, Aug 12th, 2011 at 10:52 PM.
    Join Swagbucks and earn free rewards just for searching the internet! So easy and fun!! CLICK HERE to get started today!!

Check out my new blog for couponers in the Ingersoll/Woodstock, Ontario area!!
    Denise's Coupon Blog

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i should do this too! im paying about 120 dollars for my internet and phone! note that the internet is not even high speed or unlimited!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i just have internet and tv with rogers.

my phone call got me a free hdpvr, and a free modem and 20% off each service.

i hate the pvr, it's soo big. maybe next yr they will have a smaller one!

phone for me is free anyhow, i have magicjack
    What's magicjack?

Trading Score
    237 (100%)

awesome!!! i guess i know what i'm doing in the morning. I have all my services with 1 company any pay too much!!

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

I do the same thing with telus... we usually get some kind of discount.
    Looking for: Yogurt (FPCs)

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

my mom does the same thing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

when you call rogers ask for the "retention" department, thats the department that can offer the 30% discount. Ask them what theyre willing to offer or tell them to cancel and then theyll ask you why and give you a deal.
    Dont let them lock you in for the 30% first 2 years then 20% 3rd year just tell them the 2 years at 30 % is all youre willing to do.

been doing this for about 5 years now yes it still is annoying that have to call when I see my bill spike up 30%

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyhill View Post
    I do the same thing with telus... we usually get some kind of discount.
    Yes I do it with Telus too. I love their cable service! I can record to my PVR from my cellphone!

They are usually pretty good, I find their customer service to be excellent and they always show up when they say they will!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    What's magicjack?
    watch late night infomercials

they are actually in pretty much every big box store these days.

http://www.magicjack.com/5/index.asp

i've had it for a few months and no problems. you have to have a good internet connection. i have a 10 meg internet connection and i have no issues. of course i have no phone service when the power is out, but i didn't before either.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

I work for a major Telecommunications company and I can tell it's a very competitive industry. If you are calling to get a discount with your current provider ask to speak to their Loyalty and Retention department. They are the ones who have the ability to offer you a discount on your bill. No need to call in multiple times just ask to speak to a Loyalty and Retention customer service representative. Trust me they want to keep you as a customer.
    Murray Brown likes this.
    RLF Honey Bunches of Oats $1.00

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    watch late night infomercials

they are actually in pretty much every big box store these days.

http://www.magicjack.com/5/index.asp

i've had it for a few months and no problems. you have to have a good internet connection. i have a 10 meg internet connection and i have no issues. of course i have no phone service when the power is out, but i didn't before either.
    I may have been misinformed, but do you have a long distance number with Magicjack? like is it long distance for your local family/friends to call you?
    I heard that was the case when you choose to go with them...
    Something to do with area code availability...?
    And did you get to choose your main number? or was it assigned...
    Check out my TRADE and WISH List
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/smileslly/

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow....never thought of doing this.... think my DH will have to do the wheeling and dealing though as its all in his name. He will be a hard one to get going after a discount though. He is the perfect customer in that he pays what they ask, in most cases.-not for vehicle purchases though. : )

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information