User Tag List

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Love my annual call to my cable, phone, internet company

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Just went thru renegotiating my cell plan - one thing I notice is that there's no competition between Telus, Bell, and Rogers - they all offer pretty much the same deal and if you threaten bell with rogers or telus, or telus with bell, or any combination of the 3, you don't get anywhere. It's like there's really no competition between them. you have to bring up what koodoo or wind or other new, little guys have to offer, and then you get the reaction out of the big 3 that you are hoping for, only then getting somewhere.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjill View Post
    Basically, do your homework. Compare your bill with your prices your paying to what the other companies in your area are offering for new customers. Call your provider, and explain that you are looking to go to another provider because of the rates, is there anything they can do to help you lower your costs?

My call goes like this.

I am calling to see if there is a penaty if I cancel my services with you....."why do you want to cancell your services".......well I
    have been a loyal customer for over 15 years, and I saw a commercial and Bell is offering new customer's a much lower rate then what I am paying you, for a better package. I know its a new customer rate, but they are offering it for 6 months. So basically I would be saving X amount of money in the long run. Its a shame I don't really want to leave you, but financially it just seems to make sense....do you have any promotions on right now, that could help me?
    wow you're good. can't argue with that call! they have to give you something the way you frame it as 'you losing money if you stay with them'
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Tobiwobi I notice that too. I had to use Fido to get the deal I wanted from Rogers.

New trade list
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

I called my phone-Internet-cable and negotiated an amazing deal. All 3 including 4 boxes including one hd box with unlimited channels for less then 190.00 including taxes. Wow I think that was a good deal.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    So happy.

Bell increased internet by $3.00 per month.

So I made the call to say I'm walking.
    So New Friend Ryan at Bell, is offering $9.95 for telephone and $29.99 for internet.
    This is really going to help with finances.
    Woo Hoo!

So happy.
    Wondering how you were able to get 9.95 for home phone..............I called today and they told me the lowest was 28.95 ........which is a far cry from 9.95. Hoping to get some tips on how to get it lower. Please....and Thank you.
    Earn $50 a month with swagbucks

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/shellylynn31

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We pay $55 for internet (distributel, ottawa) and $8 for netflix. No changes. No price hikes. No phone calls. We are not tied to the TV schedule. PVR helps with this of course, just another thing we don't need to worry about.

Been almost 2 years now and don't miss it a bit.
    FrugalKris likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

I tried to call the other night, after 1 and a half hours on hold, I hung up. Funny thing is they sent me a survey the next day on my experience. I think I'll fill it in!!

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

I called the other day, so happy I did!

I was able to get my fibre op bundle (home phone, cable, and the "better" internet packge - 2nd fastest they offer) for $120 a month!!! ANNNNND they're sending me a $100 prepaid visa card!!!

PLUS I got them to waive my food network channel package ($5 a month) for 3 years AND they're waiving my extra tv hookup for 3 years!!!! Can't beat that!
    LIVE SIMPLE and Valerey like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do this annually now too. In addition to my phone, internet and cable, I also run a comparison of car and condo insurance companies to see who has the lowest price. Whichever one is cheaper, gets my business. I do this about a month before my insurance is set to renew.
    lizamarie likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjill View Post
    Basically, do your homework. Compare your bill with your prices your paying to what the other companies in your area are offering for new customers. Call your provider, and explain that you are looking to go to another provider because of the rates, is there anything they can do to help you lower your costs?

My call goes like this.

I am calling to see if there is a penaty if I cancel my services with you....."why do you want to cancell your services".......well I
    have been a loyal customer for over 15 years, and I saw a commercial and Bell is offering new customer's a much lower rate then what I am paying you, for a better package. I know its a new customer rate, but they are offering it for 6 months. So basically I would be saving X amount of money in the long run. Its a shame I don't really want to leave you, but financially it just seems to make sense....do you have any promotions on right now, that could help me?
    Thanks itsjill for a great suggestion.
    Our 20% discount on cable and internet with Rogers ends soon. My hubby called yesterday wanting to extend it and hanged up frustrated with nothing. I quickly reviewed smartcanucks experiences and came across your post. I called, read pretty much your script and scored 55% off my internet, we can also consolidate the bill with wireless and get 8% additional off. This is my biggest "gift" from Rogers. Thank you again for a great suggestion
    grumpy and LIVE SIMPLE like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love the annual cable call!
    jk
    I'm looking to switch to fibe at the end of my term with robbers...I have talked to a rep and they have some decent new customer deals. If anyone is interested in the rep's contact, pm me.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

It frustrates me when I tell my friends to do this and they would rather spend $25 a month for a pvr! oh well... it's like mortgages I guess... someone has to have the high rate so others can have a low one!

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

^ funny. Some people pay higher because they don't surf this forum . I paid about $45 to rogers for their slowest internet and $48 to fido for their lowest plan for years because I did not know about the loyalty department. What is even funnier that Fido waived $6.95 charges for new activations during that time and finally when I found out they won't just do it. I had to actually ask for cancellation and then they did it. Thanks for playing so dumb, Fido. I think all these companies suck alike.
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Some people just don't care to save money!! I've told a few family and friends to call their provider to lower their rate, but they can't be bothered. The first time I called a few years ago, I ended up saving $60/month - that's $720/year!!!! I'll keep that in my wallet, thank you very much!
    Shirnette likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

wow..not really any deals from Rogers...currently have basic cable (non digital and losing channels) and internet lite--currently both total $58.58
    this is what I was offered--digital basic and internet lite $70.79--digital basic and internet express 80G $79.55--internet only 300G express free modem for 12 mths $65.08...

said I was going to go with Teksavvy 300G (no cable just watch online) for $39.95=$45.14 plus new modem charge $99 and activation fee $65==1st year average month $60.

now what to do!!..cancel it all and live in silence

Shirnette likes this.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information