User Tag List

Coupon Junkie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Okay so I know most woman have done this my accident by this i mean getting makeup on a piece of clothing while trying it on. We've seen the dirty smudges on the clothes put back on the racks sometimes too. It's kind of embarrassing when it happens and you hope the lady doesn't see it when you tell her you don't want it while exiting the change rooms. My question is what do you do after this happens? do you feel obligated to tell them? to purchase the item? or to do nothing at all?

I have literally no opinion on this so I would really love to hear what you guys think!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

good question....the honourable thing to do is to inform the salesperson of the stain. They usually have good spot cleaning products to take it out before it sets in. Even If you like the clothing, ask them to help remove it anyways and then buy it.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

if a piece of clothis is messed up, they send it out to get cleaned, or reduce the price

a customer getting makeup on a piece is a risk they take when encouraging you to try it on so that you will buy it.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

I used to work at addition-elle, there were time when clothing would be stained with makeup, deoderant, and other things which I have no idea what it was... lol. The first two times I found stained clothing in the change room I informed my boss who just told me to put it back on the sales rack.. She never even tried to take the stain out, I asked her about it and she said if a customer doesn't notice and they buy it they are stuck with it... if they DO notice and comment on it to her, she will give them a 10% discount.... like really? lol. That also happened a few times with buttons falling off jeans... we were told to put them back on rack until somebody noticed. If a customer did notice they were told that the item would be fixed and they could pick it up the next day... then she would send us over to the tailors with the item and have it fixed.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I've managed several clothing chains and it's true...we don't care. Exactly right, we have spot treatment, dry cleaners or discounts at are disposal. It's not my money when something gets sent out or discounted or in the worse case scenario written off so, meh, whatever. Doesn't mean I think you should use the clothes as part of your makeup removal strategy but don't sweat it if it does happen Trust me their are waaaaayyyy worse things that happen in those changerooms!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    if a piece of clothis is messed up, they send it out to get cleaned, or reduce the price

a customer getting makeup on a piece is a risk they take when encouraging you to try it on so that you will buy it.

I've seen clothes at both walmart and zellers that were in a bad need of a wash..... mud, dirt and yes makeup.. on the CLEARANCE rack...

Coupon Junkie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

thanks guys it was really a what would you do question I really had no idea if anyone cared or if people felt was a big deal, good to know!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I would let the sales person know. It happens and it's not your fault. The last store I worked at, would just send the item back to head office.

Thread Information