User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

So in 1.5 weeks I will be heading to the States for 5 days. I plan on doing some grocery shopping. I have signed up for the Meijer's card and will be getting the Kroger card. If you haven't seen their sale items take a look. Man I wish our prices could be as good. You still have to be careful. I am really excited to get some much needed items from the US. It drives me nuts that most things seem to be cheaper. Gas is 3.20 per gallon, cheese is cheap, milk is cheap..I mean hubby and I are going to visit a friend in Michigan every 2 months and do some shopping.

I also plan on purchasing a Sunday paper while I am down there to get the coupons out of that. Should be fun. Looking forward to it

What are your thoughts of shopping for groceries in the US?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love Kroger and Meijer. I have the Kroger card that gets you many deals throughout the store. The variety over there is what I like best....so many choices. I stock up on dairy...jugs of milk (2.50 for 3.75L) and yogurt....it just tastes better for some reason. But you will be surprised on a lot of things that really are cheaper here. My kids always love the different snack items that I bring home, too. Keep a look out for coupon fairies and the little machines that dispense coupons right by the item.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Does anyone know if you can get the american coupons mailed to us in Canada? I gotta find their smartsource and Red plum delivery schedule too..LOL

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha MacGregor View Post
    Does anyone know if you can get the american coupons mailed to us in Canada? I gotta find their smartsource and Red plum delivery schedule too..LOL
    have you check ebay?
    i don't coupon for grocery down there. But i go shopping on black fridays and whenever i visit the inlaws.
    my must have is wendy's nuggets!!! they are cheap down there. :D

sound like you're going to have lots of fun shopping

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I actually found some american coupons while I was doing a recycle walk....They were on a box of fruity pebbles cereal and twice found coke pins for the us site. Definately check ebay though...tons of coupon sellers on there
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

how do you get the cards. I thought you had to be a u.s citizen

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

The Kroger card you can get right at the customer service desk before you shop. I've had mine for many years.. the only problem with my card is that I haven't been able to register to download the online coupons.. I think it's worked for others, but says problem with the address for me.

Even without downloading the e coupons.. you still qualify for many in-store deals just by having the card. Especially the 10/$10 deals.. awesome!

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

check out http://www.bargainstobounty.com/. You can also get the kmart shop your way rewards being canadian too. If your going port huron you can get the newspaper before crossing with inserts they sell them at milk marc if you go before closing sometimes they'll give you extras.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I'd also like to know how you got those cards. i can't seem to find any links to get any cards other then the stores CC.s

Thread Information