User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I am confused.
    I thought that the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (federal)
    and the Ontario public health unit health inspectors look poorly on selling expired products in retail stores.

I read about expired product in Zellers in June and both federal and provincial agecies are on top of it.
    http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/...con/date.shtml
    We're talking detergent here, not food. There's a bit of a difference. Unless you're one of those 'Strange Addiction' people who eats laundry soap.

Ron.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Just grabbed a few today. The 2 coupons inside dont expire until 12/31/11. The smell is still strong. I opened one up in the car on the way home, and now the car smells like a "spring oasis" LOL
    Soap does go bad though, I have a couple bottles here that smell plasticy and like rotten apples, and my dad just returmed some handsoap that was musty smelling. Im still using my soap for cleaning the patio table and outside stuff and my car mats.
    Last edited by miztia; Thu, Aug 18th, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newfbc View Post
    We're talking detergent here, not food. There's a bit of a difference. Unless you're one of those 'Strange Addiction' people who eats laundry soap.

Ron.
    Kellyschool1 responded to Fallenpixels.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    At least in Ontario, there is no laws against selling expired products (even food) as long as you dont tamper with the dates

Most SCers have a stockpile of laundry detergent that will last more than a year, I am not all that worried
    There were a comment to a previous comment. So yes food and nonfood items were under discussion.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Expired and Best Before are very different, if it is dangerous to eat, it is expired but most foods have a best before date, not an expiry date

Selling food past an expiry date can get them in trouble but even regular 2% milk has a best before even though it spoils

ETA

Even on that link you gave, it states

• You can buy and eat foods after the "best before" date has passed. However, when this date has passed, the food may lose some of its freshness and flavour, or its texture may have changed. Some of its nutritional value, such as vitamin C content, may also be lost.
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Thu, Aug 18th, 2011 at 04:28 PM.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newfbc View Post

Ron.
    It was all in reply to the OP who stated

I am shocked that a giant retailer such as WM is selling these expired kits to consumers, perhaps Canada wide?
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

when i volunteered a the vaughan food bank they told me that the best before date was written on all products and not the expiry date. also they said that if products were past the best before date that just meant that the manufacturer wont take responsibility past that point and it was on the individual consuming the product to determine if it was still ok for them to eat or not.

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Fact is.. these kits have NO expiry date. They have a LOT/DATE code which includes the date they were MADE. Someone at the company mentioned they have a 1 year shelf life - personally I think it would be a little longer than that. If the manufacturer thinks they shouldn't be on the shelf after 1 year they should have their sales rep ensure that retailers pull them from the shelves before this date.

Ron.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I picked up 4 kits and 2 of the coupons expired in Dec 2010 and the other 2 in Dec 2011 BUT have a Texas address and because I didn't read it for myself I have already tried using them at walmart and they wont accept them. Just so everyone knows, check the address before you go to the store. I don't know about everyone else, but I feel quite embarrassed when my coupons get denied
    <a href="http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/237295-mjcfs-trade-list-canada/" target="_blank">Trade List</a><br />http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mjcf OR http://superpoints.com/refer/joinmenow
    http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=c03a8f265...f8e4c5afe4f6c6

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My package did not contain any kind of coupon.....
    i usually only worry about best before dates (they are not expiry dates) on milk/dairy (not so much yogurt...it can last...), meat, and prescription drugs--non prescription also...

my best before date has long since passed but i think i am still ok....

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I'm not worried, they still smell pretty good....I bought 3 "Spring" scent & the $1off coupons expired dec 31, 2010 so I called earlier today & they are sending me one FPC as they don't have $$ off coupons to mail to Canada!
    I'm happy!! We use these all the time!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I received a call from WM, they said that I can return the product or exchange it and that if it is past it's shelf life they will pull it from the shelves. Also said that the product may lose it's effectiveness and fragrance but should still be safe to use.

I never thought that detergents and soaps have a shelf life...you learn something new everyday.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Well I never tought that detergent and soaps have a shelf life too....I have 17 bottles of porex soap so I will think twice before purchasing more even I have coupons to use...I should last for 2 years of laundry soap

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

This is funny I was just talking about this yesterday on another group. I bought some the other day and the coupon expired at the end of this year. However when I went to go back I found the coupon at another store were expired 2010. But for $2.00 I say buy them up and enjoy the savings They still smelled and worked wonderful.
    COUPONSTIPATION: The inability to make a purchase now, because there is a coupon at home!!!
    Live in winnipeg? Save money and shop from home www.facebook.com/AvonwithNaomi
    www.facebook.com/winnipegcoupontrades

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I wouldnt worry about it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Laundry detergent expires 9months - 1year.
    Most cleaning products expire in 2 years.
    Deodorant and body wash etc, is 2 years roughly.
    Lots of health / beauty products have the little symbol on the back that looks like an open jar with a number. This will tell you exactly how many months it is good for once the item is opened.

That is crappy that WM is selling expired detergent. I wouldn't personally use it because I have sensitive skin and wouldn't want to take any chances.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information