User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I tried ....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You are all so awesome! I especially love the comments about growing 'a pair' !!
    Now working on Christmas 2012 through SwagBucks.
    Earning free gift cards! ___________________________________
    Every Penny Counts : I welcome you to read my blog on my finds, deals, sales, coupons, freebies

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

yup i agree - once you find your first free thing your hooked - i on the other hand do do my own street - i really don't give a crap - as for people saying something, most don't care when you tell them your looking for coupons, if they do just move on to the next - this is my Aug finds so far

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/224047-...lk-3-a-canada/

good luck

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

at first I was hesitant then it took my 8 y/o to get in arms deep now I do....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Omg---the day I seen two "towel freebies" cereal boxes sticking out of a box by the recycling bins I was gonna go for it but noticed there was someone already diving. So I stayed put in my car as if I was looking for something on the floor of my car lol. I am so chicken! lol

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

LOL...I have no shame. We have both blue boxes and community depots. Our fave depot is right outside the one and only movie theater so everyone sees us. My husband sometimes gets right IN the bin.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was ready to do it myself, but than my mom told me it was ridiculous... that I would look like those who rummage through garbage to get consigned cans and bottles! That turn me off!

At the same time, what if I can find a few FPC? Seems worth the try.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You guys really rock....
    I am too much of a chicken even to try...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I personally wouldn't do the recycle bin thing either. However, when I see people go through mine it doesn't bother me a bit.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

The first time I did it I wanted SmartSources so bad that I was willing to do it at all costs. I drove up and down streets hoping to get the nerve. I finally did. My second bin I got caught and shamed. Since then I've only ever done the ones in my building, and they have been good...very,very good!

ETA: I get dozens of copies of inserts, icoke pins, 3 free towel pins, FPCs from cereal boxes, etc. I don't know what I will do when I move out of here!
    Last edited by kanda; Fri, Aug 19th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    Well here it is a lot easier to do bin dives. We don't have the curbside blue bins, all of the recyclables have to be dumped at a recycling depot. Luckily there is one just 3 blocks over from me. It's a huge fenced in area with about 16 big green bins... I've gone while people were driving in and out... doesn't matter to me. They dump their recyclables in a public area so I don't have to feel bad about digging through them. lol.
    Was it you at the one behind the Co-op on 33rd last week? My husband was taking our recyclables and there was a ldy and 9 yr. old "diving". He asked them if they were looking for coupons and then said don't look through ours there aren't any.lol

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My husband & I were definitely nervous at first. We went out late at night, ran to the sidewalk if a car came by, kept walking if anyone came walking by and pretended to be walking and chatting innocently if someone looked at us. Now, after doing it for a few weeks-we don't care! The first time a car came around the corner fast & my husband didn't have time to turn off the flashlight & warn me (I was bent over digging in the bin!) he said "Oh well, keep digging, we're already humiliated!"
    The last time we went out, there were cars driving by and people in their living room windows & it didn't bother us at all.
    But, like previous SCs have said-I don't go down my own street either and I don't go to bins that are really close to peoples houses or their vehicles. I also won't dig in someone's bin if they are outside watching.
    I haven't had anybody ask us what we were doing & the only scary thing that happened was when I thought I saw a skunk on someone's lawn (it was a box fluttering in the wind! LOL)
    But if you are scared, bring someone with you or at least a dog, don't go to unfamiliar areas, and wear a disguise!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

You get used to it. Think of it as a treasure map and you're looking for a treasure. I have yet to find my first FPC but like the thrill just the same. Around my neighbourhood all the good stuff people have in those recycling bags.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sparklecoupons View Post
    Went for an early morning stroll today and eye-balled all the blue bins hoping that something would be sticking out that I recognized. I just couldn't work up the nerve to dig in further. How did you work up the courage?
    I find it impossible so far to do on my own.. I went a couple times with my sister and somehow be ing with her I can dig.. we go at dusk though with flash lights
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    You get used to it. Think of it as a treasure map and you're looking for a treasure. I have yet to find my first FPC but like the thrill just the same. Around my neighbourhood all the good stuff people have in those recycling bags.
    I had a fun FPC oen yesterday, it was a box with the free yogurt coupon inside.. there were someother boxes stuffed in it, one had a FPC for SKinny cow and one for free granola bar.. I ended up giving the granola bar to a sister, the skinny cow to another sister and the yogurt one to a lady from SC who is sending me 45 coupons for some smart ones.. easy come , easy go lol
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information