User Tag List

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to The Source in Windsor-area to pick one up, and the gentleman working there was quite honest with us: He said that when the price drop was announced, the store allowed their employees to purchase them first - he said of the FOUR employees at the store, only 3 were working at the time, and they bought out the remaining stock of 14 units. (If I were their coworker with the day off, I'd have something to say about that).

I guess each workplace has a perk; been watching kijiji for them though, and nothing; nada; zip.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Just returned mine as it worked for 2 days and then would not turn on again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jjwbuster View Post
    Just returned mine as it worked for 2 days and then would not turn on again.
    Did they take it back ?

I thought all these were FINAL sales with no return or exchange whatsoever at the store/retail level ..but only a warranty directly through HP .. so if you have any issues you have to return/exchange/refund directly to HP & not the store where you bought it .

Maybe I was wrong

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Did they take it back ?

I thought all these were FINAL sales with no return or exchange whatsoever at the store/retail level ..but only a warranty directly through HP .. so if you have any issues you have to return/exchange/refund directly to HP & not the store where you bought it .

Maybe I was wrong
    It depends on the retailer. Some are pretty flexible.

I hear there have been a decent amount returned to stores simply because the buyer didn't like them as well.

This situation is damaging enough reputations. May as well not piss your customer off even further.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Returned to Staples...no issue what so ever.

hkj
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i ordered mine around the same time ....havent heard anything from HP so far.. i think my order will get cancel too...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Waaaaa Best Buy just cancelled my order! I think I ordered it on Saturday morning.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hkj View Post
    i ordered mine around the same time ....havent heard anything from HP so far.. i think my order will get cancel too...
    hp.ca just posted that orders placed before/on aug 22nd will be filled by sept 12th

hope that helps

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shopanista View Post
    hp.ca just posted that orders placed before/on aug 22nd will be filled by sept 12th

hope that helps
    Really? do you have a link? Thanks

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

apparentl;y there are going to be LOTS of returns, because ppl will realize there is a reason they slashed the prices.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

can u post the link pls for hp 's web with the order fullfillment thanks

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Directdial just emailed me:

"According to our information, the canadian market is recieving several thousand touchpad units next week. All are spoken for and many will be shipped to directdial.com and other major authorized HP retailers. At this point we don't know if there will be another shipment into Canada or when. However, we have been advised that there is inventory in transit from overseas. Again it is unclear how reliable this information is. At this time we are not accepting any new orders for HP Touchpads."

They had 7000 orders in the last 24 hours.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

JUST came in my email

Dear valued HP Shopping customer,
    Thank you for purchasing an HP TouchPad. We have been working to meet the overwhelming demand and are pleased to inform you that you will be receiving your TouchPad soon.

Orders will be filled in priority based on your day and time of purchase:
    · 16GB model will begin to ship the week of September 5, 2011
    · 32GB model will begin to ship the week of September 12, 2011

If you purchased a TouchPad at the original price ($399.99 for 16GB and $499.99 for 32GB), your credit card payment will be adjusted to reflect the new price ($99.99 for 16GB and $149.99 for 32GB). Further, if you have decided to cancel your order, please respond to this message by Friday, August 26.

Thank you for being a valued HPShopping.ca customer and for your patience as we process your order.
    Enjoy your TouchPad!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Precisely the news I was looking forward to. I haven't seen this email yet. What was your order number Midnightly?

Banned
    Sexy Saskatoon (originally from Rider Regina)
    Trading Score
    126 (93%)

I finally managed to get 3 of these from a local computer store not one of the chain stores! One for me, my mom and my dad! It'll keep them busy for a while... However, I'm not looking forward to the billion calls that I'm probably going to get from both of them asking questions about how to do certain things are their new tablets. Haha... parents are so funny sometimes.

I bought my parents a Wii a little while ago, and my mother calls me about 8 times a week after that because she couldn't remember where to turn it on or find the on button! Haha... The joys of technology!

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information