User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dealducks
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Many LD's I've been to in Calgary only let me pm 1 item, has anyone had good experiences pm'ing more than 1 of the same product?
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Learning to Relax NovaScotiaGirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I do not but EXCELLENT question mine , the one in London towne square does not (thats the one by Sunridge).

Dealducks
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Yes, same thing with me and thats the one closest by my house.
    I hope someone is able to give me an answer!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The one in Beddington does not. The one at Heritage Square might. I was there once it was the best London Drugs experience I had. They welcomed my coupons and asked me if I had any price matching to do (I didn't but thought it was nice that they asked me!). Sorry, I can't answer your immediate question.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the one on 130 will let you do as many as you want.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Tried pm for 2 items at Brentwood recently. Was told okay this time but policy changed this spring so multiple pm okay but only 1 item/pm now...so wouldn't try there.

Dealducks
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Alright! Ill give the one on 130 a try. I dont even bother at Brentwood anymore

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Last edited by puzzlepieces; Fri, Sep 16th, 2011 at 11:29 PM.

Dealducks
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

I guess all have the LD have the same/similar policies now which is sure to drive customers to other stores. Its so weird that their policies with the same cashier are so inconsistent! Did she really check cost for all the products you were going to purchase?

I believe that it may have been ruined by the Dove sale before in which people were getting loads and loads of Dove for tax. If people were purchasing reasonable amounts then the outcome may have been different.

I guess we'll just have to wait for LD to have their own sales so we don't have to price match. Unfortunately it isnt that often that they have great sales.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Yes she did actually check the cost on all the products I had in my cart! It was a long and disappointing process! And this was the store manager not just a cashier.

Yes and she did say they had to start being this sticky due to the shelf clearers in the past. So another good thing comes to an end because some people can't shop in moderation. In the same token though if they see someone is trying to buy excessive amounts of one thing they should be telling them right there that they will be limited to say six or something , or that they are more than welcome to place an order.

Anyway it is what it is now.

Never Pay Full! =)
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it really depends on the cashier you get. They should remove their price matching policy if its just going to be just one product. What kind of policy is that.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I understand it is disappointing to have a limit on how many you can PM when you want to use that sale to stack and get the products for free (just tax) but you have to understand the stores side of it too. Alot of those sales that we want to PM are called "loss leaders" and are not making the stores who offer them any money (sometimes they are losing) in order to get customers in their stores in hopes that they buy much more than just those items. If LD pm's all those sales at unlimited amounts then they are going to be losing money like crazy because like the LD manager mentioned above said, their cost is more than the sale price.

LD's policy as long as I can remember has always been they will PM one and it is up to the discretion of management if they will do additional items at that price.

I haven't tried lately but Heritage was pm'ing one and if they had had the same item on sale recently would allow additional items matched to their last sale price. I always ask at CS about the items I wish to PM before I do my shopping so that I know what I am allowed. That way I don't waste my time or the staffs when I go to check out. Also, this way there are no disappointing surprises as well.

Shelf clearing had a hand in changing this. The newest abuse that LD is facing right now is couponers purchasing products with coupon stacks and going back later and wanting to return their purchases for a full refund. Store managers have said that LD head office is actually looking at putting an end to coupon stacking because of this. If you know of anyone who is doing this please do whatever you can to discourage them from trying this any more.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I don't have an issue with LD having a policy of PMing one item.The part that frustrated me was how the the policy mid way through my transaction was changed. The first time I went to that store to shop I did take the time to see what their policy was and I was told that they allow PMing of more than 1 of the same item as long as I didn't clear their shelves. I am not a shelf clearer and never will be because I beleive that is wrong. For me it is no longer worth it to drive to do that anymore.

In fact I think there should be more limits like these in place. When a person comes in and clears the store of a particular item they should be stopped at the the till. If the stores had a limit of 6 or 10 items that would give other couponers as well as non couponers the chance to attain that product as well. A person can always place an order if they really want an extreme amount of one item. I have taken the time to talk to my local grocery stores and they have told me if I come in at the begining of the sale cycle that is not to do. I feel that some people don't want to take the time to follow the rules and are constantly using the backdoor. This is what is ruining it for the rest of us that are shopping fair.

Another thing I would like to address is that there is a member on this site that is telling others that you can stack at the self check outs in RCSS. This is an example of why the policys for the stores keep changing. Most of us morally know that this is wrong to do because RCSS no longer allows stacking. All in good times this too will have an effect on how we are able to shop there.

For me the couponing was so I could afford to feed my family. I am never looking to have a "store" in my basement but just to ease the financial stress of living in todays market.

This post is in no way meant to be hurtful to anyone. Have a good day.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I pm'd 6 quantum finish at teh Royal Oak location last night, however im not sure if this is the store policy or if it was because teh girl at customer service was not too bright.

She pm's teh 6 with out any questions however when she was looking at teh flyer she kept saying this isn't the 2.26L, i had to point out three times that it was the Quantum 20's listed (and pictured) in the flyer.

As well she tried saying that i couldn't stack my coupons because they where the same coupon because they had the same picture on it, i had to point out that they had different UPC. She still didn't understand but said she would give it to me any way. Then i hand her my second stack and she says i can't use them because i have already used those coupons, again i had to explain that they were for the second package and that if i rang through 6 different transaction this would not be a problem. Ding it was like a light went on. She proceeded to ring in all 6 of my stacks. In the end she missed inputing one coupon but i really didn't want to argue, i figure 6 boxes of quantum finish for $2 isn't bad.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

1 item is the policy i have heard as well numerous times. I have however had more than 1 item PM in a transaction, and for that i said a great big thank you! You have to think about how many boxes of whatever product it is that wal marts main distribution centre orders at 1 time vs. london drugs (i think they have a total 75 stores - the size of wal marts bathrooms!) so them only PM 1 item really makes sense

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information