User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Ruler of my own universe DeeBuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Suggestion for Team Name Fire Breathing Kittens
    Last edited by DeeBuck; Mon, Aug 22nd, 2011 at 06:30 PM.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

I managed to get on the Internet - my mom is so-so. Staying over till tomorrow in a great Canadian city named Moose Jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeBuck View Post
    Team Name Fire Breathing Kittens
    We sound fearsome and small. Hmm
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    While Darlene is away I thought we could keep things going by having a sort of Q&A Is there anything you wanted to know about couponing but were afraid to ask? Let it all out here and we can help each other out
    I've seen DD and DH all over the site, but not sure what it meant. I looked up to see if I could find a list of the shortcut terms, but wasn't able to find that on the list (not sure if that pertains to what we're discussing right now).

As well, what's an FPC?

I keep seeing people loving the Red Plum and Smart Source flyers... those are usually available in newspapers, right? I saw the list of dates that they come out on here, but wasn't sure if they came in as a flyer in the newspaper or the tv guide section... where are they usually kept? Is it a good idea to purchase a few newspapers to get these coupons because they're good for trades?

I keep seeing people talking about tear pads... I see them occassionally in stores, but I was under the impression that the ones at RCSS are only for RCSS and can't be used elsewhere... is that true?

What exactly is a train? I read Lola's super fast and easy VWT (not sure what VWT stands for), but am not really sure what the process is...

This one's a little more tricky: are there certain "hot" seasons for deals?

Sorry about all the questions!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

This took me a while to figure out too ... I think it's

DD - darling daughter
    DH - darling husband
    DS - darling son

FPC - free product coupon
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well here is my intro! I am a couponing newbie and excited to learn the tricks of the trade. My real name is Brandi and my user name is just my initials and last name. I am married with two young children and two cats. I am really intrested in saving money and learning how to stockpile effectively, I have recently started my little stockpile, but have a very large shelved room in my basement which I intend to fill with the things that my family needs to have on hand. Starting couponing because since I was a young I have always thought how wonderful and effective it would be when I had a family to have things on hand.

My husband and I have worked hard and are *ALMOST* debt free, but just because we will be debt free we don't want to start spending either! I think that couponing can be a great way to continue to save and now start now saving for my families future...looking forward to the savings .

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyManitoba View Post
    I've seen DD and DH all over the site, but not sure what it meant. I looked up to see if I could find a list of the shortcut terms, but wasn't able to find that on the list (not sure if that pertains to what we're discussing right now).

As well, what's an FPC?

I keep seeing people loving the Red Plum and Smart Source flyers... those are usually available in newspapers, right? I saw the list of dates that they come out on here, but wasn't sure if they came in as a flyer in the newspaper or the tv guide section... where are they usually kept? Is it a good idea to purchase a few newspapers to get these coupons because they're good for trades?

I keep seeing people talking about tear pads... I see them occassionally in stores, but I was under the impression that the ones at RCSS are only for RCSS and can't be used elsewhere... is that true?

What exactly is a train? I read Lola's super fast and easy VWT (not sure what VWT stands for), but am not really sure what the process is...

This one's a little more tricky: are there certain "hot" seasons for deals?

Sorry about all the questions!
    Darlene got the acronyms right I know there's a thread somewhere that has some more of them... ah here it is!

I don't get the inserts in my newspapers so I'm not help with that

Tear pads- I've seen them at Metro, Loblaws, RCSS. They are usually right in front of the product, not on the coupon zone board at the front of the store.

Trains! I know Darlene will discuss trains in the future but in the meantime here is a short summary:

VWT/VWL Trains (Virtual WishList Train):
    On a VWT the person running the train (the conductor) posts the wishlists of all the riders. Each person bundles up a certain amount of coupons for each rider and then sends them all to the conductor who separates them and sends them to each person... sorry if that makes no sense, I'm not very good at explaining sometimes!
    There is an explanation of regular trains here

Seasons for sales... this time of year is great for back to school items! Granola bars, fruit snacks, KD, pudding, yogurt, cheese strings, etc. As for the rest, I'm not really sure!

Ask away, that's what we're all here for, to learn! I still learn things from these groups as well so the learning curve is never ending

Quote Originally Posted by bgheuchert View Post
    Well here is my intro! I am a couponing newbie and excited to learn the tricks of the trade. My real name is Brandi and my user name is just my initials and last name. I am married with two young children and two cats. I am really intrested in saving money and learning how to stockpile effectively, I have recently started my little stockpile, but have a very large shelved room in my basement which I intend to fill with the things that my family needs to have on hand. Starting couponing because since I was a young I have always thought how wonderful and effective it would be when I had a family to have things on hand.

My husband and I have worked hard and are *ALMOST* debt free, but just because we will be debt free we don't want to start spending either! I think that couponing can be a great way to continue to save and now start now saving for my families future...looking forward to the savings .
    That's wonderful to be almost debt free!!
    Last edited by sheetsofemptycanvas; Mon, Aug 22nd, 2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

HI Everyone

I am Kristina (aka Sunshineyday). I guess I chose that name because I am an optimist and it was pouring rain the day that I joined SC in June. I am a SAHM to 2 superstars and need to start saving some serious $ if they are to continue down the paths that they are on. Achievement and opportunity can be expensive, but I would do anything to give them a head start in life, they are such nice people!
    Actually, I'm a bit of a shopaholic and would like to keep the shopping without feeling guilty about the price tags. I'm really excited to be a part of the group and would like to thank everyone for helping out and sharing with me. My husband is an anti-hoarder (which means he throws everything out) and so if I am to stockpile anything it has to be absolutely neat and orderly and out of his line of vision.
    In am happy to go along with any name that anyone else comes up with - creativity is not my stong suit!

Kristina
    Sunshine!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Hi Everyone, my name is Sue and I live in Calgary.

I have always been interested in couponing, although not to the degree that I am now! I was already on the freebies sites, P&G etc, and signing up for samples. I saw a breakfast show here in Calgary one morning where they mentioned Smart Canucks and I have been a member ever since!

I have loved getting to know people on here, and I have really enjoyed "meeting" Tami already!

I am genetically and professionally disposed to save money, my father and I are both in the Accounting field. Although I also work in HR.

No kids here, I have a MDBF (Mainly Darling Boyfriend) and I live alone.

The little guy in my profile pic is Bailey. My screen name actually comes from my last dog, Schwarz. I really have no clue why I don't use Bailey's name!

I know that I still have so much to learn, although I have learned more than I thought already. I love the rush of getting a good deal on what I buy. As for my stockpile, it is already growing. I sell alot of what I get to family, friends and co-workers, and only ask for what I paid for it. However, I have recently been considering a small mark up on the products as I am doing all the work, spending the time and gas etc. and they are reaping all the benefit.

Maybe some of you could give me your opinion on that!

I get alot of coupons I won't use and don't mind donating them if you have nothing to trade that I am interested in. This site is a community for us to help eachother and why just throw away coupons that others can use?

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshineyday View Post
    HI Everyone

I am Kristina (aka Sunshineyday). I guess I chose that name because I am an optimist and it was pouring rain the day that I joined SC in June. I am a SAHM to 2 superstars and need to start saving some serious $ if they are to continue down the paths that they are on. Achievement and opportunity can be expensive, but I would do anything to give them a head start in life, they are such nice people!
    Actually, I'm a bit of a shopaholic and would like to keep the shopping without feeling guilty about the price tags. I'm really excited to be a part of the group and would like to thank everyone for helping out and sharing with me. My husband is an anti-hoarder (which means he throws everything out) and so if I am to stockpile anything it has to be absolutely neat and orderly and out of his line of vision.
    In am happy to go along with any name that anyone else comes up with - creativity is not my stong suit!

Kristina
    I try to be an optimist too whenever possible and I try to maintain a positive outlook on things. Some days are harder than others but it's all about putting a positive spin on every situation!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzie View Post
    Hi Everyone, my name is Sue and I live in Calgary.

I have always been interested in couponing, although not to the degree that I am now! I was already on the freebies sites, P&G etc, and signing up for samples. I saw a breakfast show here in Calgary one morning where they mentioned Smart Canucks and I have been a member ever since!

I have loved getting to know people on here, and I have really enjoyed "meeting" Tami already!

I am genetically and professionally disposed to save money, my father and I are both in the Accounting field. Although I also work in HR.

No kids here, I have a MDBF (Mainly Darling Boyfriend) and I live alone.

The little guy in my profile pic is Bailey. My screen name actually comes from my last dog, Schwarz. I really have no clue why I don't use Bailey's name!

I know that I still have so much to learn, although I have learned more than I thought already. I love the rush of getting a good deal on what I buy. As for my stockpile, it is already growing. I sell alot of what I get to family, friends and co-workers, and only ask for what I paid for it. However, I have recently been considering a small mark up on the products as I am doing all the work, spending the time and gas etc. and they are reaping all the benefit.

Maybe some of you could give me your opinion on that!

I get alot of coupons I won't use and don't mind donating them if you have nothing to trade that I am interested in. This site is a community for us to help eachother and why just throw away coupons that others can use?

I look forward to getting to know you all!
    I have enjoyed "meeting" you as well!! I have already received two wonderful RAOKs from schwarzie This site is all about helping others!

I know there are a lot of different opinions about selling products that you buy with coupons and it's something that's been discussed many times on SC. But you're not making a ginormous profit on it so I really don't see a problem with it
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I have enjoyed "meeting" you as well!! I have already received two wonderful RAOKs from schwarzie This site is all about helping others!

I know there are a lot of different opinions about selling products that you buy with coupons and it's something that's been discussed many times on SC. But you're not making a ginormous profit on it so I really don't see a problem with it
    I appreciate that. I am not looking to make a profit at all really, I just want to get a little something for my time and gas. I often make special trips to get products that people use. For example, I made a special trip to get Sensodyne for two co-workers this weekend as I was PM'ing to Rexall and the sale was only on there Fri, Sat, Sun. I use all my coupons, take the time to do it, and deliver the product! Now don't get me wrong, I love getting the deals, but one person gave me $5 for her $4.50 total (I had other things for her as well) and told me to keep the change for my trouble. The other one paid me to the penny what I told her it cost me. Actually gave me 4 pennies instead of a nickel. I am thinking her price is going up....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Team name suggestion: The 14 Couponeers. Or just The Couponeers

A take from the 3 Musketeers. My SDBF calls me a couponeer. LOL

Wannabe saver
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hi there, I’m NickyC. I’m married with no children. My SC name is rather uninspired. Just added the initial of my last name to the end of my nickname.

How did I find out about couponing? Well, I saw “the show” in January-before it became a series on TLC. I wondered if it was really possible to save and what level of savings could I get in Canada.
    It wasn’t until February when an unexpected life event occurred that had me actively investigate and get into couponing. There are lingering aftereffects of February and so I’ve had to make wiser spending choices; and heck, I still want to be able to afford a Timmies drink if I want. And thus, it began my coupon-craze, that’s to say my coupon-interest. ☺ So far at $1200 in savings.

I am the proud mother of 3 4-legged children. 2 cats and 1 dog.
    Alley (girl) and Blitzen (boy) are rescue kittens of indeterminate breed (domestic short-haired?) They will be 2 in October and are the sole survivors from their litter.
    Alley is our rabble-rouser. She’s unafraid and will even let me vacuum her. She has an undue fascination with straws –especially ones she’s purloined. She will run up and down the hallway with it. Mostly, though, she drops it down the stairwell and will make trilling noises. She’ll watch it as it goes down, and then races down the flight of stairs to snatch up… only to bring it back to the top and repeat the process.

Blitzen is our scaredy cat, our little piggy, and our little baby all rolled into one. He starts at every little thing and the width of his tail as it flares out is something to behold – I swear 3 inches in diameter. He also likes to receive attention at the most inappropriate times. Hint: if the door isn't latched properly to the powder room, you are in for one heck of a surprise. When you are giving him affection in a more appropriate setting, he’ll purr so loud and he’ll even drool a little.

As to Pippy-short for Pipsqueak. She’s the surprise in my pet-life. I HATED poodles, thought the whole breed was a joke. Thought the owners were a bunch of whack jobs, making their pets look so frou-frou (blech) and ribbons and bows. I mean c’mon!

DH, however, had a different point of view. Grew up with the breed, really wanted a dog when we got together and when we heard about a return dog (black toy poodle) from a breeder. I caved.
    It wasn’t a good start as she was timid, underweight, malnourished -due to a worm infestation and was terrified of DH. The thing is, she didn’t look it (had a lot of fur that made her look heavier then she really was) On top of that, it took 6 months to find a food that she wouldn’t vomit. Add to that, the breeder, 9 months later was charged with numerous animal cruelty violations-not an auspicious start.
    DH and I cannot and still to this day cannot cuss (think it has to with the mill or the previous owner) or she will tremble and shake and sometimes go hide.

After 11 years the only thing I can say about our Pippy-girl is “WOW”. She is so smart, so well-behaved, good natured and just so easy to care for. She is so unlike my perception of a poodle. I do confess that while she may not have the frou-frou look, she does wear bows and, dear lord forgive me, I dress her up. She bears this with certain sense of stoicism and a degree of grace.

Now there IS something off with her and please do not indicate to her in any way that you are aware, else she’ll hibernate for months. She is obsessive compulsive about fetch. Be it a Frisbee, ball, twig-she’ll fetch it for hours.

Stockpile: Little or a lot. I have stockpiled toiletries and household incidentals. I plan on stockpiling enough for 6 months and ideally a year.

The tour, I do confess, I watched it a couple of times prior to joining this thread. Some great pointers.

As to name. Hmmm, how bout Coupon’n Canuckers.
    Last edited by NickyC; Mon, Aug 22nd, 2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: gee I'm verbose

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Oooh=the names are piling up - great ones:

Coupon Fiends
    Couponeers
    14 Couponeers
    Coupon’n Canuckers
    Fire Breathing Kittens

No front runner yet - anyone like one of the above?

Wannabe saver
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    Oooh=the names are piling up - great ones:

Coupon Fiends
    Couponeers
    14 Couponeers
    Coupon’n Canuckers
    Fire Breathing Kittens

No front runner yet - anyone like one of the above?
    Krazy_Coupon_catz
    Start the car

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Start the car is hilarious - seems as though a lot of SCers are cat people...me not so much but I do have 150 cows outside out my back door.
    Sunshine!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information