User Tag List

Page 53 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    You're still the weird kid, only older. But you have a heart of compassion for many.

As for my feet, I haven't soaked them lately. They are a mess from the inserts, and I'm not very pleased considering the money.
    However, I'll be back to see them ONE last time.

I was wanting to take DD to see Legally Blonde, but the truck needed much money.
    How was the show? Same as/Different than the movie?
    I would like to see Rock of Ages, but spent money previously for Wicked for DD B.day

Here's to a pain free day for all, or the strength to endure.
    The show was really good. Similar to the movie, but with enough differences to make it work on stage. I highly recommend it. I haven`t seen Rock of Ages yet, but my actor friends loved it (always a good sign).

How did she like Wicked? That was a lot of fun.

As for orthotics, if they`re still bothering you, they need to be adjusted. Did you ever check into the place I told you about? I`ve talked to various folks while waiting, they come from quite a distance to see her, she's that good. When I first got orthotics, I was in & out of there about a dozen times over a month, before they felt right. & it makes a huge difference.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Although it is his own fault, he really hurt himself yesterday trying to help out for our free massive trash pick up.
    Despite using my quota for meds. I couldn't lay down to sleep and was in tears from the pain. Pain that I have Never experienced.
    Going to the hospital was on my mind, but fortunately I fell to sleep siting up.
    Today I just feel like roadkill.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Although it is his own fault, he really hurt himself yesterday trying to help out for our free massive trash pick up.
    Despite using my quota for meds. I couldn't lay down to sleep and was in tears from the pain. Pain that I have Never experienced.
    Going to the hospital was on my mind, but fortunately I fell to sleep siting up.
    prayer offered. Get as much rest a possible, take care my friend.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Oh skippy so sorry to hear of this today...wishing you a speedy recovery
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    That I am. I was the weird kid that munched on cloves of garlic for a snack.

If you mean Zantac, also try contacting the company directly. I think they're one of the ones that will send out a sample (I know they used to, not sure if they still do). Also get your Dr to give you some samples next time you're there.

Is the extra water helping (might be too soon to know)?

Oh dear, I'm sorry you're in so much pain.

Silly question, have you ever tried soaking your feet? You don't have to use special scented foot baths, I find even a soak using a few drops of dish washing liquid can help (yes, it sounds weird, but so am I ).

I probably could use the help of one, but I've been told I'm not allowed by the transplant folks (cause of the extra body parts I've got I suppose ).

Do you find it makes a difference for you? Have you tried any exercises to strengthen your back & neck muscles? I had an appt with a rheumatologist at one point who told me that many back problems can be resolved by doing neck exercises (it never dawned on me that weak neck muscles could lead to pains further down one's spine).

Hope everyone feels a bit better today.

I'm still in a smidge of pain, but better than yesterday. Serves me right for still being in pain, I went out last night to see Legally Blonde when I should have been napping. Yeah, I'm one of those that never learn.
    Beacause of the meds I was on--I took myself off them all I could not exercise--my left and right was totally mixed up and has numbing in face, hands,a nd feet-from the meds----so I was just wondering..I have been going since my injury in May..how long people go for? Does not help my chronic pain ( constant migraine with tension and new onset headache-that I have had non stop since May 2006) nothing has
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Hi all,
    I've read through all of your posts, and am very sory you are all suffering from chronic pain and such serious health issues.
    I would like to post here from time to time because I need a Canadian chronic-pain support group too. I have chronic pain also--some from old injuries, edema and other physical and medical problems.

But mostly, I have the chronic pain of GBS-CIDP (nick-named French Polio) which I got from my 2007 flu shot. It is chronic neuropathy pain & muscular pain. It has crippled my body on both sides from severe muscular contractions and nerve pain in the skin of my whole body over many months. It also gave me all the symptoms of a stroke for the past 2 3/4 years. I used to be very athletic, and rode my bike to get my flu shot; but since the onset of this condition after the flu shot, I have been unable to walk without a medical rollator and walking cane. Most of the time I walk like a wobbling toddler, sliding my feet along and struggling for balance. I have 1/3 of my former strength, and am in constant pain from the initial damage to the myelin in my muscle fibers, and the over-strained muscle tissue which still remains active in my body.

The first doc didn't diagnose it for my first 2 years (silence, take notes, wait-and-see approach), and the medical staff did nothing to help me at onset though I initially went to the hospital dragging myself with a ski pole (no vehicle, no taxi in my town). My recent new doc is sympathetic, but very inexperienced about this condition. Now after almost 3 years of me being crippled, they are acknowledging it. I've been told that I will probably not recover any more. It is too late to treat it for remission now, and now the paralysis is chronic, and will worsen in time. I belong to the GBS-CIDP internation foundation, and have a knowledgeable support group there also; but most of the members are from the States, so they do not understand our health care system.

Ever since I've been a member on Smart Canucks, I've really enjoyed participating on this site (as well as saving money). So, when I saw this thread, I read it through, and thought I might fit in, and it might be an answer to prayer.
    For those of you who may be too scared of my condition to feel comfortable with me talking about it, I can say that I probably won't vent too much here, just maybe enough to explain things, and to help deal with the pain at times with my fellow Canadian pain-sufferers.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Hi all,
    I've read through all of your posts, and am very sory you are all suffering from chronic pain and such serious health issues.
    I would like to post here from time to time because I need a Canadian chronic-pain support group too. I have chronic pain also--some from old injuries, edema and other physical and medical problems.

But mostly, I have the chronic pain of GBS-CIDP (nick-named French Polio) which I got from my 2007 flu shot. It is chronic neuropathy pain & muscular pain. It has crippled my body on both sides from severe muscular contractions and nerve pain in the skin of my whole body over many months. It also gave me all the symptoms of a stroke for the past 2 3/4 years. I used to be very athletic, and rode my bike to get my flu shot; but since the onset of this condition after the flu shot, I have been unable to walk without a medical rollator and walking cane. Most of the time I walk like a wobbling toddler, sliding my feet along and struggling for balance. I have 1/3 of my former strength, and am in constant pain from the initial damage to the myelin in my muscle fibers, and the over-strained muscle tissue which still remains active in my body.

The first doc didn't diagnose it for my first 2 years (silence, take notes, wait-and-see approach), and the medical staff did nothing to help me at onset though I initially went to the hospital dragging myself with a ski pole (no vehicle, no taxi in my town). My recent new doc is sympathetic, but very inexperienced about this condition. Now after almost 3 years of me being crippled, they are acknowledging it. I've been told that I will probably not recover any more. It is too late to treat it for remission now, and now the paralysis is chronic, and will worsen in time. I belong to the GBS-CIDP internation foundation, and have a knowledgeable support group there also; but most of the members are from the States, so they do not understand our health care system.

Ever since I've been a member on Smart Canucks, I've really enjoyed participating on this site (as well as saving money). So, when I saw this thread, I read it through, and thought I might fit in, and it might be an answer to prayer.
    For those of you who may be too scared of my condition to feel comfortable with me talking about it, I can say that I probably won't vent too much here, just maybe enough to explain things, and to help deal with the pain at times with my fellow Canadian pain-sufferers.
    Welcome Valiant, sorry for all your difficulties.
    Feel free to vent all you want, that is what we are here for, to listen, encourage and support each other.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Thanks Skippy; how's it goin' today?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Thanks Skippy; how's it goin' today?
    You're welcome and today sucks, but tomorrow may always be better.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Welcome Valiant, sorry for all your difficulties.
    Feel free to vent all you want, that is what we are here for, to listen, encourage and support each other.
    Thanks Skippy..could not have said it better myself..I think all of here feel the same way Welcome
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

You're welcome and today sucks, but tomorrow may always be better.
    Great attidude Skippy I wish I was that positive
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Thanks for the welcome.
    Here's a question? Will you be counting your blessings as you fall asleep tonight? I find that helps me to forget the pain, and lots of times I drift off to sleep before I even finish.
    Let's see:
    Today, I got out of bed; was thankful for my cane. Picked rasps and almost fell into the bushes several times, but the patio furniture took my falls, had breakfast, had painkillers, rested, Internetted, did my accounts, picked cherries, ate cherries, had more painkillers, had supper, Internetted, cleared my desk, had more painkillers. Will do dishes, and go to bed. It's been one of those painful days; I did a few active things this week, and now it's pay-back time.
    So I'm considering this day as a day-off. But tomorrow I have to givver.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Wow i never thought of doing that...it seems to work for you though. Good luck with tomorrow
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Today sucks as I'm in my usual pain-sigh!
    Earlier I saw the Dr. and he just increased one med.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Skippy, sure hope that the increased med is more effective to help control your pain. Glad the doc is working with you to try to improve matters.

I flipped my mattress this morning; it's a foam one, and I bought it at onset because touch & pressure was unbearable on all my skin. I couldn't stand the other mattress I had. My skin tingled and burned all the time, like a person's foot feels after it has been asleep and the nerves start tingling again. I also had sudden nerve spasms, like electric shocks all over my skin; as well, there were the repeated muscle contractions in every muscle of my body, which would cramp in terrible pain, and would have to be uncramped 24/7 for months on end.

I Slept under a fluffy comforter last night, so after a while got nice and warm and fell asleep despite the pain. Had another big thunderstorm last night, flooded the basement, so spent part of AM mopping it.

I went downtown to do the chores today; no vehicle, so it's the hardest challenge for me now to walk distances (about 2 miles there and back). I used to be very athletic, and would just hop on my bike, or walk and hike. 5 miles was easy for me. Now, I push a rollator: looks like a chair but has wheels and a seat. It helps me with my balance, muscle weakness and pain, and I can sit down on the seat at times when my muscles are in too much pain, or given out. Got the chores done: got my coups in the mail, cashed in the Spitz and Cheerios FPC's at the store. Hamburger was on sale, so I got a family pack. Had to rest on the bench outside the store for a few minutes, but made my way back ok. Pain got quite bad, so shortened my steps by half. The crippling changed my gait a lot, and also my reflexes, so I cannot flex my feet and have to walk flat-footed. Lately I have made a conscious effort to force my feet to flex, but it takes twice as long to make steps and is more painful. Finally made it home and now taking a nice break here and eating some Spitz. Haven't had these for at least 10 years or so.

Take care, everybody.

Page 53 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread Information