User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Anyone with a positive experience as mine Friday went so wrong... and I was soooo on the edge I forgot my nice bread and bananas behind... not really worth the $5 of gas to go back in town to get

I have been looking for a written copy of their coupon policy as the manager keep tell me that he was ok with stacking but had an issue but they were are from the same manufacturer he just did not get the fact that OF COURSE its the same manufacturer why would a competitor of product "A" print, distribute and refund coupons for product "B". Anyways what should have been a smooth transaction just didn`t maybe next time I shouls go to Uptown SOF
    This thread is currently associated with: Save on Foods
    over$1200 in redemtion & Gift Card in 2013

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I will not stack at that location, I go to uptown one they are great. The mangers at Save on food at west side no nothing. And I work right across the st.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

this is the first i've heard of Esq location allowing stacking.. i heard they are not participating.. i do my stacks at save on foods uptown... but i will add there are new stacking rules recently released which they are now following (it's been posted on this website a few times.. they emailed them to me when i requested)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

well lesson learn... the "danty" binder they pull out said to allow stacking... the CS cashier told me to a regular cashier and manager was so clueless on any sort of conpon question/statement... I felt like asking if he was interrested in me building a training presentation for his staff...
    I guess I'll myself the pain, if I must stack on items I can't find at LD I'll go for a road trip at Uptown

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

lol i've felt that way also.. asking "can i train your staff on coupons" because sometimes i have soo many issues.. just the other day at walmart i had to explain to the cashier about overage (a 50c overage on a $5 coupon) only to get home and realize he didn't take off one of my coupons (a $3 coupon!)

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

if it helps.. print this out to add to your binder (this is the updated coupon policy as emailed to me at the beginning of the month)

Coupon Acceptance Practices for Save on Foods
    Our coupon acceptance practices are designed to help extend more savings to our
    customers while ensuring we continue to offer an exceptional customer service
    experience to everyone in our stores. We don’t limit the number of coupons redeemed per
    transaction necessarily, but rather, we focus on our responsibility to follow the directions
    clearly stated on those coupons.
    To receive your coupon discount please:
    • present your coupon at the time of purchase
    • ensure all conditions stated on the coupon are met (product to purchase, limits, etc.)
    • ensure all product specifications are met (size, flavour, etc.)
    • ensure your coupon is redeemed prior to the expiration date
    • if printed from the internet, your coupon is legible
    • ensure your coupon is not a photocopy
    • ensure your coupon is not issued by one of our competitors
    Store-issued coupons: store coupons are distributed through flyers, email, in-store kiosks, social media and direct mail
    • Our store system reinforces the conditions of every coupon we receive to ensure that specifications are
    met (including store name, date, product specifications, limits, combinations, etc.)
    • Can be combined with manufacturer coupons
    • Only one store-issued coupon can be redeemed per item (no stacking)
    Manufacturer-issued coupons:
    • Can be combined with a store-issued coupon
    • Must have a Canadian address; US coupons aren’t accepted
    • The total value of the coupons cannot exceed the value of the product
    • Multiple manufacturers’ coupons can be redeemed per item (stacking), only if each coupon comes from a different media source (e.g. manufacturer, newspaper, website, etc.) and has a different code (or UPC)
    • Stacking isn’t allowed on ‘buy one, get one’ free (BOGO) products
    • Stacking isn’t allowed if the fine print says: Use of more than one manufacturer coupon per product is strictly prohibited or if wording states “cannot be combined with other offers”
    • Splitting coupons across multiple products is not allowed
    • All taxes are payable on the full value of the item, unless the coupon specifications state it’s for a ‘free’ taxable product
    • Deposits and fees are payable on applicable products regardless of the coupon’s discount
    • Manufacturer’s mail-in-rebates will be honoured by the manufacturer not the store (and are not considered coupons)
    Guidelines for high volume coupon redeemers:
    • Please call ahead to ensure we have adequate team members available on our front end at the time you plan to shop so that we can accommodate your needs while providing great service to our other customers
    • At checkout, please ensure that coupons are placed with each item to speed up the coupon validation and checkout process
    • If you hope to purchase large quantities of individual items, please provide 2 – 3 days notice to your local store manager so we can properly manage inventory requirements
    • Please note that we reserve the right to limit quantities purchased based on inventory available for all customers
    • Please note that we will not accept large quantities of multiple coupons during any special promotional days. For more information, please see your local store manager
    • We reserve the right to amend the above mentioned practices at any time, in consideration of the best experience for our customers

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    Multiple manufacturers’ coupons can be redeemed per item (stacking), only if each coupon comes from a different media source (e.g. manufacturer, newspaper, website, etc.) and has a different code (or UPC)
    • Stacking isn’t allowed if the fine print says: Use of more than one manufacturer coupon per product is strictly prohibited or if wording states “cannot be combined with other offers”
    wow, different media source too? that makes it all a bit trickier!
    as for the “cannot be combined with other offers” I thought this was on most coupons, and the non-stack wording to beware of was “cannot be combined with other COUPON offers”
    I've been planning a London Drug trip (an hour's drive away) and I'm worried it will be a disaster!!! I'm trying to think positive!!

Sorry you had a poor experience - a lot of thought and prep goes into organizing stacks. Must be frustrating for you.

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

well thank you
    might as well says they don't stack how many lucky coupons from different sources with the right wording can we find

if it helps.. print this out to add to your binder (this is the updated coupon policy as emailed to me at the beginning of the month)

• Multiple manufacturers’ coupons can be redeemed per item (stacking), only if each coupon comes from a different media source (e.g. manufacturer, newspaper, website, etc.) and has a different code (or UPC)

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anyk View Post
    well thank you
    might as well says they don't stack how many lucky coupons from different sources with the right wording can we find

thats my thoughts too! they have changed it in such a way that they say they stack but they don't really stack.. i have a feeling they were lax at first when it came out and then they had to regroup due to the overwhelming response to coupon stacking so they made changes but they went a little too one sided

the uptown location is following these new rules, i know a person who was denied some stacks which would been ok if they were stacking at London drugs (wording wise)

Trades
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

And remember guys, always give your save on card first so that us save on foods cashiers can see what the true price of the product is since the discount doesn't come until AFTER the card is scanned.

Some customers try to scan their card at the end so the cashiers can't see what the true cost of the product is. At save on, we don't give overages and i have had numerous customers try to come in and scan the card at the end to try to confuse and "scam" us. There has been lots of times when we have realized that proper procedures weren't followed and this makes them much more strict about policies.

Also, I know we used to pay for the taxes on any manufacturers coupons but that has now changed as well.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Yup your right about this one. Got the same emailed to me a couple of months back

lenda

Coupon Acceptance Practices for Save on Foods
    Our coupon acceptance practices are designed to help extend more savings to our
    customers while ensuring we continue to offer an exceptional customer service
    experience to everyone in our stores. We don’t limit the number of coupons redeemed per
    transaction necessarily, but rather, we focus on our responsibility to follow the directions
    clearly stated on those coupons.
    To receive your coupon discount please:
    • present your coupon at the time of purchase
    • ensure all conditions stated on the coupon are met (product to purchase, limits, etc.)
    • ensure all product specifications are met (size, flavour, etc.)
    • ensure your coupon is redeemed prior to the expiration date
    • if printed from the internet, your coupon is legible
    • ensure your coupon is not a photocopy
    • ensure your coupon is not issued by one of our competitors
    Store-issued coupons: store coupons are distributed through flyers, email, in-store kiosks, social media and direct mail
    • Our store system reinforces the conditions of every coupon we receive to ensure that specifications are
    met (including store name, date, product specifications, limits, combinations, etc.)
    • Can be combined with manufacturer coupons
    • Only one store-issued coupon can be redeemed per item (no stacking)
    Manufacturer-issued coupons:
    • Can be combined with a store-issued coupon
    • Must have a Canadian address; US coupons aren’t accepted
    • Splitting coupons across multiple products is not allowed
    • All taxes are payable on the full value of the item, unless the coupon specifications state it’s for a ‘free’ taxable product
    • Deposits and fees are payable on applicable products regardless of the coupon’s discount
    • Manufacturer’s mail-in-rebates will be honoured by the manufacturer not the store (and are not considered coupons)
    Guidelines for high volume coupon redeemers:
    • Please call ahead to ensure we have adequate team members available on our front end at the time you plan to shop so that we can accommodate your needs while providing great service to our other customers
    • At checkout, please ensure that coupons are placed with each item to speed up the coupon validation and checkout process
    • If you hope to purchase large quantities of individual items, please provide 2 – 3 days notice to your local store manager so we can properly manage inventory requirements
    • Please note that we reserve the right to limit quantities purchased based on inventory available for all customers
    • Please note that we will not accept large quantities of multiple coupons during any special promotional days. For more information, please see your local store manager
    • We reserve the right to amend the above mentioned practices at any time, in consideration of the best experience for our customers

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Would the Aerius $10 mail out and the Aerius $4 tear pad be considered two different sources or both manufacture coupons?

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

momof YUP! i`d see them as separate sources.. i`ve still been stacking at save on (was there this evening!) and had a very positive experince.. but it was also pretty much dead

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

which one did u stack at?

Thread Information