User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Kitten View Post
    Even yesterday when the employees at my local BB found out... My brother said 'things' started going 'missing'.. aka employees are stealing stuff and nobody cares.. .. i told my brother to try to slip a ps3 under his coat lmao. kidding of course =)

My SIL is pissed beyond belief because she recently bought her membership to BB [last month]...hm... I can see her 'renting' some things and not returning them.. like alot of people in my town will do the same.. good thing about this though.. they goto courts around sept 6.. or 9.. so the selling will probably start in 2-ish weeks.. meaning.. the...cottagers.. are.... gone for the season! WOOOOOOO! now all i have to fight are the locals lmao... my brother is keeping an eye out for when the selling is suppose to go down so we can bolt in and nab what we want.

I'm serious... when the other stores were closing the shelves were picked clean in a few hours =s

Thanks for the info. The one close to use stayed open during the last closures. I would love to get some childrens movies for DD. Feel so bad for all those employees.
    WISHLIST**** Bread, crackers, Lactancia/Natrel Milk (2x2l or 4L reg) Frozen dinners (all types) Pampers Diapers and Wipes, Lactancia butter, Shake and bake......more in my "About Me" section.

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

heard this morn on radio they will be shut down...going into bankruptcy...so time to start shopping for Xmas deals

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hope they start marking stuff for clearance soon!
    I Smart Canucks and Swagbucks!
    Use SwagBucks as your search engine and earn great prizes! I've earned $185 in Amazon gift cards this year!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Feel bad for the staff....but hoping for some good deals for Xmas gifts!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Kitten View Post
    Even yesterday when the employees at my local BB found out... My brother said 'things' started going 'missing'.. aka employees are stealing stuff and nobody cares.. .. i told my brother to try to slip a ps3 under his coat lmao. kidding of course =)

My SIL is pissed beyond belief because she recently bought her membership to BB [last month]...hm... I can see her 'renting' some things and not returning them.. like alot of people in my town will do the same.. good thing about this though.. they goto courts around sept 6.. or 9.. so the selling will probably start in 2-ish weeks.. meaning.. the...cottagers.. are.... gone for the season! WOOOOOOO! now all i have to fight are the locals lmao... my brother is keeping an eye out for when the selling is suppose to go down so we can bolt in and nab what we want.

I'm serious... when the other stores were closing the shelves were picked clean in a few hours =s
    Bought her membership???????
    I think your sister got scammed right from day one!!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I feel bad for the employees. I wish we still had our Blockbuster for the closeout sales. It was the victim of a fire in the adjoining Boston Pizza a couple of months ago. Nothing left for us to go buy. Haha! Good luck everyone!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Has anyone found any good deals yet from the new closures?
    I Smart Canucks and Swagbucks!
    Use SwagBucks as your search engine and earn great prizes! I've earned $185 in Amazon gift cards this year!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

honestly, I can't find a blockbuster in the vancouver area anymore. well i just havent tried really. the ones i knew of have all closed down

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    How did they stay in business this long?! It is a long dead retail concept.
    I agree. They should have improvised and innovated a little to stay in business but now the ship has hit the bottom

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiegirl View Post
    I still have a little gift card money and coupons etc. So when are they going to stop renting things or taking the gift cards? Last round my store told me they were the most successful in the province so would not be closing (ever).

Don't be disappointed if Blockbuster doesn't accept your gf. The news said yesterday that Blockbuster will not be accepting gf anymore. But still try though.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I feel bad for all the employees, but at the same time will be on the lookout for deals for Christmas (we've got two locations pretty close to us).

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by I Need Minions View Post
    I feel bad for the employees. I wish we still had our Blockbuster for the closeout sales. It was the victim of a fire in the adjoining Boston Pizza a couple of months ago. Nothing left for us to go buy. Haha! Good luck everyone!
    There is another store next to the Greyhound bus station...not sure if it's still open or not.

Dave
    Last edited by DavidY; Fri, Sep 2nd, 2011 at 03:31 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can't say I'm surprised, or disappointed. I haven't been to Blockbuster to get anything in years, I've been watching online or getting dvds from the library. One of the locations in my city was hiring a month ago, I'm glad I didn't bother applying.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the sales though! I love me some cheap movies. I'm also looking forward to find out what replaces our two Blockbusters here.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

At our BB, there's a sign on the front door saying if anyone has GC's, gotta use them before Tuesday.....an employee said he heard that the sales will start on the 9th.....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    There is another store next to the Greyhound bus station...not sure if it's still open or not.

Dave
    Oh, right! I always forget about that one, and even though I drive by there every so often, I could not tell you if it's still open or not... Haha!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information