User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i am planning to move to windsor with my familly i have two young children and was wondering where would be a good place to live. we will have to find new jobs and basically start from scratch. so i was wondering where is a nice area that isn't overly expensive to buy a house and is close to some things for kids. i was also wondering how hard it is to find entry level jobs!! thx Any information will be greatly appricated.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Check out Deveonshire Heights.....great school area and nice reasonable homes

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Forest Glade area is very nice! As for the job market, it depends what field you are looking for jobs in. I have to ask, why Windsor?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

moving closer to my mother-in-law she lives in michigan.

keeley
    Trading Score
    112 (100%)

Belle River is just outside of Windsor but its a great area to raise a family, and you get more land for the price thank in Windsor.

icyjess
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Forest glade, is great for kids lots of close schools, and your in the main area for shopping. Walmart, Zehrs, FB, shoppers and a small mall. Tim hortons on every corner LOL

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jobs are not easy to find in Windsor. Stay away from the west end and the downtown area and you will be fine. LaSalle is a good alternative too. You can find a modest home in South Windsor for around $160000 and the schools are the best there.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i appriciate any advice i get moving in from out of province and don't know the area!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Have you checked out the mls listings? Find something in your price range, and it will tell you what schools are nearby. Then come back and ask those of us that live here what we think of the area.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My friend is a realtor and is AWESOME to deal with. His name is Dan Gemus and you can check out his website here: http://www.dangemus.com/ He is honest and very helpful. We bought our home within a week of looking with him. If you tell him exactly what you need/want - he'll find it for you.

To be honest, jobs are very hard to come by in this area but it depends on your field. We are obviously manufacturing heavy so I find there are more jobs in that area.
    "Call it magic, call it true/I call it magic when I'm with you" - Coldplay, Magic

Thread Information