User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: A word about that brag you are about to post...

Rvbob
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Well Said
    It is always a pleasure to meet you, until we meet again.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well said

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I to thank you so much for this thread and showing that SC's will not tolerate this behavior anymore. This is what separates us from other sites showing the amount of integrity that we have. I am sure that all companies keep tabs on forums and I think with alot of the brags that were going on it brought SC's down in the eyes of these companies, because honestly it did in mine. With that said I cannot wait to see some great brags. Thank you mods for all your hard work and putting us back on top!!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    So glad to see this! Thought I was in trouble when my Misuse of Coupons post was moved today, but it is great to see a Mod agrees that we shouldn't be promoting coupon fraud on the site.

On a completely unrelated note, AmberLab, who are Jamie and Claire?!?!?!?!
    Jamie and Claire are the main characters in Diana Gabaldon's book series. The first book is called "Outlander." Gabaldon is working on book #8. Incredible page turner books, big adventure and romance. Her fan page on FB is very active.

Quote Originally Posted by pateyface View Post
    It was in the printable coupon thread in the PDF section, but I just removed it. I wasn't sure if I should have removed it, so I left it there. I just didn't want people complaining about it either way (like it has happened in the past). Hard to please everyone.
    Thanks pateyface! Yes, it is hard to please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I need clarification on another point.. I've had a couple of trades where the person has offered me stamps in exchange for some coupons and yesterday I was offered a gift card.. those were because the people didn't have anything I needed and they really wanted the items. I don't like doing this because i really like to get coupons i need..stamps & gc give a very tiny value back. Now I am wondering if this practise is 'legal' as well or people abusing the rules.. Please advise.
    Trades is a different ball of wax. Some people have even traded for cute socks. LOL If you were not comfortable with any trade, you just say "Thanks but I am not interested in those trade terms," maybe we can trade another time." Whether you trade for solely coupons or include stamps or GCs is up to members for now.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Thanks for clarifying
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    I to thank you so much for this thread and showing that SC's will not tolerate this behavior anymore. This is what separates us from other sites showing the amount of integrity that we have. I am sure that all companies keep tabs on forums and I think with alot of the brags that were going on it brought SC's down in the eyes of these companies, because honestly it did in mine. With that said I cannot wait to see some great brags. Thank you mods for all your hard work and putting us back on top!!

I enjoy reading brags as much as anyone. It's fun to see what combination of interesting deals someone can find. If I saw an awesome brag but if the terms of how the deal was received is fishy, how would I, or anyone else who was interested, be able to go out and get that same deal? It doesn't make sense to brag about it in that aspect.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I too, agree, coupon use has change so much over the last year, and it is getting so much harder, mainly due to coupon misuse. If everyone would use the correct coupon for the correct product, and not print 100 of something just to make money at WM, we would all be a lot better off. We all make mistakes from time to time, but we are smart enough to know the difference between right and wrong. Use your manners and your brain. It will be better for us all in the long run.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

+1

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I too, agree, coupon use has change so much over the last year, and it is getting so much harder, mainly due to coupon misuse. If everyone would use the correct coupon for the correct product, and not print 100 of something just to make money at WM, we would all be a lot better off. We all make mistakes from time to time, but we are smart enough to know the difference between right and wrong. Use your manners and your brain. It will be better for us all in the long run.
    ....i hate reading those "brags" for example someone posted her stockpile with sooooo many of the aspirin, probably like 50 + boxes!!! come on now, that i call abuse as there is no way someone is going to use them all....and on top of that people were like "great job on the aspirin"...seriuosly? . Some people say that they donate all or part of their stockpile, that is great, but that doesn't mean you have to abuse coupons either....OH well my 2 cents

LoveCoupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you so much for this post. I've been wondering about this for awhile. I have the $6.00 asprin coupon but refused to use it...I don't care for any overage all I care about is using my coupons and getting the best deal possible.
    I was at walmart the other night and saw a lady with about 10 asprins and the $6.00 coupon...that is all she had no other items....I wanted to go over to her and say "Hey those coupons aren't used to make you money and you should stop it"....I just don't have the guts to do it. Sometimes I wish Walmart would change their policy to not allow overages anymore.....too much abuse.

I also want to Thank Everyone for all their help on this site....its a pleasure seeing others brags and savings.....Love you all!!!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by geniemom View Post
    Well said, i for one try to make sure i'm using my coupons correctly. Although i now feel bad because yesterday i used 2 of the aspirin coupons for my mom that i printed off awhile ago, didn't realize they were no longer to be used. My honest mistake and i would rather someone tell me if i was doing something wrong JMO.

Don't feel bad, the coupon still good... exp i think Oct ... but using more than 20 i think is abuse in my opnion...

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

This is an interesting thread. So many opinions on what is right or wrong.
    I agree couponing has changed in the past year alot. I don't think because of people misuse but from the sheer quantity of people now using them. Which is great.
    I love reading the brags section. I also like it when people post their pictures and follow it up with what coupons they used. That way i know by reading it if they misused a coupon or not and then i can avoid doing so myself. Without having to tell them they did it wrong. I found so many deals by reading what others have found. I love this site.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you, AmberLab.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Just back from walmart (picked up zest body wash x3 PM Loblaws @ 2.99 - $2 coupon and 2 71ml aveeno lotions -$5 WUB2 printable) and the cashier took forever to talk to manager and later said they will allow this transaction this one time because I only have one printable, but they are in the process of reviewing both "price matching + coupons" and "printable coupons" and will be changing policy with respect to these two, because people print 50 printables, and come in and act like they're at ATM entitled to money with overage on 50 of the same item. Someone went nuts on some tylenol deal today just cos of 30 cents overage and all subsequent couponers are going to be paying the price at that store.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Amberlab, thanks for this post. And you are right on when you say that couponing is a learning process. When I started in May, I made so many mistakes. Now, after reading the posts on SC, I learned what I can and cannot do and have been smart enough to ask first when I am not sure. So thank you again!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information