User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What items are a good deal at Costco?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The toddler and baby snowsuits this year were 29.99 I do believe and the 4 plus sizes were 66- and they last a long time as hand me downs as well!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

A huge hot dog and pop are $1.50 and a poutine is $4.00. We have 2 small kids and when we eat there is comes to $8!! That's awesome!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Peanut butter is $5.99 for 2Kg. The cheapest I've seen it go on sale, is 6.99 for 1KG. Cat litter is cheaper too, 6 or 8 for a large box. We also buy our Benadryl and Nasal strips from there. The fresh veggies are usually cheaper too, especially the romaine lettuce and cukes and tomatoes. Baking supplies are usually good to get there too, as are garbage bags.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Easy peasy- the hotdogs $1.99 plus tax and you get a drink to boot. Right up there is fries and gravy for $2.50. huge portions. Beyond that, the Italian sausages are a steal of a deal. $8.99 for a pack of 12 huge ones. My wife also gets the chicken breasts there. I do prefer the Costco meats because you can see the er... slaughter. Good to know there is no mystery meat. Best deal so far this summer was the Fastgo sunshade for $40. Pops up fast, has a bottom and a foyer type device. We took it to the spray park, Folk Fest, Heritage festival, easy to take around and fast up. Right now they have these 3pack 160 lumen flash lights for $20 9 duracell AAA included. Good price for a good item. I used them this past winter outdoors and they were bright and sturdy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I buy whole tenderloin and rib roasts from Costco and cut them up into steaks. They have AAA Canadian beef and I have noticed there's a huge difference in quality. The pork products are good as well. The backribs are the same price as competitor's sale prices. Unless there is an in-store coupon, I don't find their seafood is all that cheap.

Also remember that your Costco card can be used internationally. We use it in the US when we are on vacation. The one in Honolulu (Hawaii Kai location) is incredible. The member benefits include car rentals, etc.

I usually shop with a list and am fairly disciplined about my purchases. IMO, some people go way overboard at that place.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I LOVE THEIR PORK CHOPS! Especially when they go on coupon! It's less then a buck a chop, and easily twice the size of the ones at Sobeys during dollar days!

Their Natural Rye Bread is 4.49 for 2 loaves (3.99 for one elsewhere). Their romaine lettuce is also cheap, and I find lasts way longer then lettuce purchased elsewhere... Spinach as well. Other items we always buy there: Kids Vitamins, cheese strings, yogurt tubes (when on sale), spices, diced garlic (I will never go back to fresh again!!!!), yougurt trail mix, Carter and Pekle PJ's for the kids...

I think it's more important to know your prices when shopping... Costco will sell a case of Kraft Dinner for 11.99, and put it on coupon for 9.99.... Not a deal! I'll stock up else where when they are on sale for 5.99!

***TIP***
    When stuff goes on clearance at Costco, the price normally ends in .97 and there is a * beside it... When you see the star, you know its a great price!
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I sometimes go there just to get bread, (if i am in the area).
    Milk, meat, veggies, iced tea crystals, garbage bags, magazines.

I love costco in the States. Great prices there.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I love going to Costco, but rarely make it there since moving out of the city.
    I used to buy the best asian colslaw and brocolli salad in the produce fridge, huge bags of brocolli, snap peas, baby carrots and baby spinach.
    The meat is the best quality. When I moved to Trenton I was disgusted by what the stores here wanted for the quantity and quality they carry. I stock up on stew beef (several family favorites can be made from just one pack), ground pork and salmon.
    The premade meals are amazing, especialy the spicey chili salmon.
    When I take my MIL she raves about the old cheeses, that their 2,5 and 7 year cheddar are a great price (usually $13), the tylenol arthritis and claritin are the best price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i buy my coffee beans from there.. a huge 2.5 pound back of Starbuck's French roast beans are $20.. if I buy the same beans from Starbuck's, the one pound bag is nearly $17. We also buy all of our tp and paper towels from there. Books are always a super deal, so if there's a new release that I want to pick up, it's the first place that i look. I've purchased lots of clothes from there as well.. you can't try them on before you buy, but their return policy is absolutely amazing, so if it doesn't fit, no worries

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

oh, and all of my cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, trash bags, etc. come from there too

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I didn't bother looking closely because they were too expensive to me. But one of the prices I saw was $66 I think. I guess that's good if you normally spend $100!
    That's true. Thanks. One thing I really enjoy about both of the snow gear I bought have the cold weather rating on them. Both have -30 degrees. I hope it will keep them warm. Not that I want to think about snow just yet. My goal for my oldest DS is $100 boots included.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 050937k2 View Post
    The toddler and baby snowsuits this year were 29.99 I do believe and the 4 plus sizes were 66- and they last a long time as hand me downs as well!
    Thanks.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

the peanutt butter price went up i believe
    i also like flax seed meal it tastes great and good quantity for that price,almond butter,kalamata olives ,nutts they have the freshest and good price,milk, eggs,lettuce that's what i remember for now

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I was in there today and found a few deals that I thought were fairly good:

1 KG Black Diamond cheese slices - $4.79
    jumbo box of Honey Bunches of Oats - $5.49
    Box of 40 Nutrigrain Bars - $7.99.
    carton of 12 Yop drinks - $6.99

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information