User Tag List

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I purchased two packages of Pampers diapers at SDM when they had a grand opening not too long ago and the price was 12.99 if you had OP.

I wanted to exchange them as my daughter doesn`t fit into size 3`s anymore and according to their new system it only does refunds?

I paid 12.99 per piece. I would have it refunded to me. And then I would have to pay whatever the current price is. More or less 23.99

If I had known that I would have bought a size up....
    Meanwhile on their website it still says they exchange. All I would be exchanging would be the product size.

Anyone else know about this?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pampers, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

When my DS was a baby in diapers (he's five now), this was always the policy at Shoppers, at least here in NS. They would never do a straight exchange, they'd refund your sale price and make you pay the non-sale price just like you say. And if you didn't have a receipt, no way would they do anything for you.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It has always been my experience that they refund a product and you buy at the new price, the only time they did a straight exchange for me was when the product was faulty (actually it was empty).
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I find this so weird - Even at WM or anywhere isnt it usually straight exchange? I`m switching a size not the whole product you know?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I find this so weird - Even at WM or anywhere isnt it usually straight exchange? I`m switching a size not the whole product you know?
    Most other major retailers have been fairly easy for me to exchange diapers - Walmart and Superstore never gave me a problem, even without a receipt. SDM is the exception.

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

Are the diapers life brand? or are they a brand like pampers or huggies that you could exchange them anywhere? If they arn't life I'd just go trade them somewhere with a better exchange policy

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

WM only takes diapers with a Receipt and Zellers asks for your drivers license and stuff :S

I`ll probably try Babies r Us their return policy is pretty lenient.

I just thought it was weird they would charge you more than what you pay for... pretty lame. Not the biggest fan of SDM anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Tantum View Post
    Are the diapers life brand? or are they a brand like pampers or huggies that you could exchange them anywhere? If they arn't life I'd just go trade them somewhere with a better exchange policy

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tantum View Post
    I'm not sure but that might constitute fraud.

In my experience, most places have to scan the item out, scan the new item in. It's not a straight exchange since you want an item that's similar but has a different UPC.

I'd try and talk to the store manager/maybe HO. Most of the time when I worked at Loblaws I was allowed to 'correct' the price to a previous sale for exchanges.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I bought some patio dishes.. needed to exchange them within 30 minutes for a different color. .. they refunded and then I bought again
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Thread Information