User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired on: Fri, Sep 30th, 2011
    Petro-Canada $25 Prefered Price Card Only $20 at Metro

Save $5 when you purchase a $25 Petro-Canada Preferred Price Card.
    The Preferred Price card saves the cardholder 10 cents per litre on 250 litres of fuel.

Offer valid September 2 to 29,2011. It's on their flyer page 6.
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro

Trading Score
    437 (100%)

thank you for sharing!! great deal
    JOIN SWAGBUCKS AND START EARNING
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Ceren
    JOIN SUPERPOINTS AND START EARNING-25 BONUS POINTS-!!NEW!!
    http://superpoints.com/bonus/8pos4f

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, great ! Wonder if i can use metro GC to buy this ? I have the feeling they will not let me to use metro Gc to buy this deal
    Please use My Orange Key: 14665257S1 for opening an Tangerine account
    $50 Koodo bill credit bonus refer Click here

Save Money with Me! JessicaGreer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by seakingasia View Post
    Wow, great ! Wonder if i can use metro GC to buy this ? I have the feeling they will not let me to use metro Gc to buy this deal
    anytime we save on gas, i consider it a deal

lovin' the savings!
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i bought one of these before...yes you will save $.10 at the pump, but you also paid for the card...so its really not tht great of a deal..

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, but the net is +5. we pay 20 to get 25. I will be great if i can pay by my metro GC.
    Please use My Orange Key: 14665257S1 for opening an Tangerine account
    $50 Koodo bill credit bonus refer Click here

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have to agree I bought 3 of these when Rexall had them on for $20 for 10 cents off per liter for 250 liters of gas. The catch is that by the time you finally use that card it will take forever in fill ups. You will only save $5 per card (if you bought them at $25 per card you would save NOTHING)...so in the end though if you look closely at the pumps Petro canada as much as I like them is NOT the least expensive in gas overall most of the time so if you can already get a couple of cents off more somewhere else you are that much less ahead...factored down it is not a good deal. I think they are meant as "gift cards" to give to family or friends but they are not worth chasing the pumps around town to get to one as if you are driving far even to reach on you are wasteing gas on route and then cutting even more into your $5's off in the end. It is just alot of money to tie up for something that you will see VERY little from in the end. Point blank I regret buying mine and I won't do it again. The only thing I do like Petrocan for is their points system but even that take a LONG time to gain much of anything from it in the end.... just my opinion but I think you can get other deals better ways....

Quote Originally Posted by KouponKlipper View Post
    i bought one of these before...yes you will save $.10 at the pump, but you also paid for the card...so its really not tht great of a deal..

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yep i think the only great deal with that petro save at the pumps card -is the mail in aspirin rebate cause its free-then you only save about 5.00 too

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I believe the AIRMILES $20 METRO thingy has some stipulation that it can't be used towards gift cards BUT this isn't one of them and is a save card??? Only one way to find out

iluvfreestuff
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Its saving $5 for 250 litres of oil or 2 cents off per litre .Not a great deal.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pknarang View Post
    Its saving $5 for 250 litres of oil or 2 cents off per litre .Not a great deal.
    are you people not seeing the other savings here?
    O.K. you do save the $5.00 right off the bat for $25.00 worth of gas you are paying $20.00.
    If you have one of the cards and pay for the gas purchase using your Petro points ( now taken over by CIBC ) Mastercard, the 2 cards combined means you save 12 cents a litre !!
    I think that is very good.

One poster said it would take forever to use it up ( the 250 litres on the card) ...well not for everyone, some families have 2 and 3 vehicles. ( not us personally) and many members drive long distances to and from work every single day ( yes us personally ) so that 250 litres goes quicker than ya think.
    Gas is something we ( well many of us not all ) are going to use no matter what, so why not take advantage of the deal? No different than stockpiling tp and cleaners?? Savings is in the long run. jmo

babies teach us acceptance

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

If you bought the 250 L of gas getting 0.10 off you would have an overall savings of 25.00 in gas. So your up 5.00.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can you use the 5 cents off card (from petro points) along with the 10 cents off? Potentially 15cents off?

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    are you people not seeing the other savings here?
    O.K. you do save the $5.00 right off the bat for $25.00 worth of gas you are paying $20.00.
    If you have one of the cards and pay for the gas purchase using your Petro points ( now taken over by CIBC ) Mastercard, the 2 cards combined means you save 12 cents a litre !!
    I think that is very good.

One poster said it would take forever to use it up ( the 250 litres on the card) ...well not for everyone, some families have 2 and 3 vehicles. ( not us personally) and many members drive long distances to and from work every single day ( yes us personally ) so that 250 litres goes quicker than ya think.
    Gas is something we ( well many of us not all ) are going to use no matter what, so why not take advantage of the deal? No different than stockpiling tp and cleaners?? Savings is in the long run. jmo
    Does the mastercard save you 10 cents a liter? because the saving card only is saving you 2 cents a liter after you factor in the cost of $20 for $25 worth.

250 liters X $0.02 = $5 (your savings on the card)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flame02 View Post
    Can you use the 5 cents off card (from petro points) along with the 10 cents off? Potentially 15cents off?

Nope. You cannot combine any " cents off " gas savings cards, except the Mastercard which always gives you that extra 2 cents off.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information