User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Big disappointment at my store too. Everything regular price with a 25% discount. Still not worth it when I can wait for them to show up at WM in the $5 bin. Even chips were still $3 something and then minus 25%. My local store said they are closing Oct 1st.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

Disappointed as still have $$ on my BBV GC that can't be used and will now be lost

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My local bbv [lindsay] was fairly busy.. and the other 4 bbvs i visited today had 1 thing in common.. .. all the kids movies were slim picking! lmao... damn i promised my niece i'd grab the dvd tangled for her.. last night i was in bbv saw 10 copies.. didnt grab it... went in at 11am and they were all gone... bah!..anywho!.. went to a bbv in..whitby, ajax, uxbridge and stouffville.. grabbed some dvds for the kids and a few for myself and my dad.. finally found a copy of moulin rouge.. new 14bucks before discount.. oh well.. had my hands on seasons 1 and 3 of corner gas.. 15 bucks each.. but i put them back.. damn i'm regretting it =(

i'm shocked that people bought up all the consoles at my local bbv first day of the sale... at 15% off.. my god.... that barely covers taxes.. they are crazy! I'm running in tomorrow since my brother works a shift there... going to grab some newer dvds and have them put 'em aside until the next mark down.. i don't want them to get bought before though.. i'm just.. shocked how crazy people are getting.. it's not really deals.. i've been grabbing dvds 15 bucks and under [pretty much 6 and 9 bucks before discount].. meh.. bbv has really informed the public.. at the stouffville store the manager was explaining why they were going under [b/c of the usa jerks] to pretty much everyone.. several people i walked past just found out the minute the drove up to the store to rent a movie! =/

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

My boyfriend bought 2 PS3 games. They were both brand new just released for $39.99 minus 15%. The same games are selling at EB games for $59.99 so I was told he was getting a good deal (his words). And then he bought me a brand new bluray just released for $19.99 minus 25%.

There were a bunch of brand new bluray combo pack Disney movies but even with 25% off they were too expensive for me.

The store was VERY busy when we were there and things were already getting slim. There were no good kids movies left.

I might go check back in a few days to see if the other blockbuster near me has anything good, or if they reduce the prices anymore by then.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Kitten View Post
    i promised my niece i'd grab the dvd tangled for her.. last night i was in bbv saw 10 copies.. didnt grab it... went in at 11am and they were all gone...
    last time blockbuster did a big closing i was told that with Disney movies they legally are not allowed to sell them if they are back in the Disney vault they have to send them back, i was looking for some Disney princess movies for toodles..(i only remember this because Miss toodles had a big tear-fest when she realized she wasn't getting a Disney princess movie)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Bf wanted to get the new X-Men.. I told him it wasn't a good deal.
    Headed to Walmart and it was on sale, way cheaper than Blockbuster. lol
    There were maybe 7 customers there, we didn't get anything.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

UPDATES>
    NEW STORE HOURS STARTING MONDAY SEPTEMBER 13 2011:

5825 Yonge Street, Toronto 416-222-5909 OPENS at 12pm-9Pm
    75 Hanna Avenue, Toronto 416-516-6545 12PM-9PM
    125 The Queensway, Etobicoke 416-503-3302 10AM-9PM
    5230 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke 416-233-5699 12PM-9PM

Over the last day and a half I conducted a small expert with the BLOCKBUSTER stores in TORONTO.
    I made a list of various popular games(both new and old) for all 3 systems and some blu-rays, to see what would be left over for Monday which many think will be the start of the new 40% discount stage. Almost all of the new release games from the 3 systems are gone with the exception of some still out on rental.(Resistance 3, Gran turismo, Catherine, Super Mario brothers games, bodycount, assassin creed revelations + 30 other titles).
    A lot of Blu-rays are still left and still tons of even new release dvds.

Those that are waiting for 50%-70% will lose out because it seems panic buying has set in and people have bought most of the most popular stuff already. If anything is left for the 40% sale you can be sure they will be gone by weeks end before it reaches 50%. Stuff will be flying off the shelves tommorrow if it's 40% off so try to get there as soon as you can if you want deals.

EDIT

There are still LOTS of tv seasons left for sale, at 40% off(if it starts tommorrow) will be great deals for people who don't re-sale them.

Here's a break down of prices ONCE the 40% off discount is in effect.
    RE-ADJUSTED PRICES AT 40% OFF.

DVDS at $6.99-40%= $4.19
    AFTER TAXES=$4.73

Blu-rays at $9.99-40%=$6.01
    AFTER TAXES=$6.79

Games at $12.98-40%=$7.81
    AFTER TAXES=$8.83

NEW RELEASES GAMES

$59.99-40%=$36.00
    AFTER TAXES=$40.68

$54.99-40%=$32.99
    AFTER TAXES=$37.27

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

janetta>>>>>

Xmen 1sr class DVD is $16.99 used at BLOCKBUSTER -15% off.
    (Those rental dvds barely got rented, so almost new)

Quote Originally Posted by dvdswapper View Post
    UPDATES>
    NEW STORE HOURS STARTING MONDAY SEPTEMBER 13 2011:

5825 Yonge Street, Toronto 416-222-5909 OPENS at 12pm-9Pm
    75 Hanna Avenue, Toronto 416-516-6545 12PM-9PM
    125 The Queensway, Etobicoke 416-503-3302 10AM-9PM
    5230 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke 416-233-5699 12PM-9PM

Over the last day and a half I conducted a small expert with the BLOCKBUSTER stores in TORONTO.
    I made a list of various popular games(both new and old) for all 3 systems and some blu-rays, to see what would be left over for Monday which many think will be the start of the new 40% discount stage. Almost all of the new release games from the 3 systems are gone with the exception of some still out on rental.(Resistance 3, Gran turismo, Catherine, Super Mario brothers games, bodycount, assassin creed revelations + 30 other titles).
    A lot of Blu-rays are still left and still tons of even new release dvds.

Those that are waiting for 50%-70% will lose out because it seems panic buying has set in and people have bought most of the most popular stuff already. If anything is left for the 40% sale you can be sure they will be gone by weeks end before it reaches 50%. Stuff will be flying off the shelves tommorrow if it's 40% off so try to get there as soon as you can if you want deals.

EDIT

There are still LOTS of tv seasons left for sale, at 40% off(if it starts tommorrow) will be great deals for people who don't re-sale them.

Here's a break down of prices ONCE the 40% off discount is in effect.
    RE-ADJUSTED PRICES AT 40% OFF.

DVDS at $6.99-40%= $4.19
    AFTER TAXES=$4.73

Blu-rays at $9.99-40%=$6.01
    AFTER TAXES=$6.79

Games at $12.98-40%=$7.81
    AFTER TAXES=$8.83

NEW RELEASES GAMES

$59.99-40%=$36.00
    AFTER TAXES=$40.68

$54.99-40%=$32.99
    AFTER TAXES=$37.27

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went today (Hamilton Queenston Rd) movies 25% off nothing for me My hub found one game (PS3) for 12 bucks, games are 15% off. I will check again on Wensday/thursday.I ask one of employees when they mark around 50% off, he didin't know, he told me that they are selling pretty good now

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Went to the store in Barrie (ferndale and essa) last night and got 7 moviess and a green lantern tshirt for $50 with tax. Pretty happy about that! I can now watch Simon Pegg movies all day
    Last edited by gourmetsue; Fri, Sep 16th, 2011 at 09:32 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

went back to lindsay again.. put aside a few movies and games.. ya the next price drop is tomorrow.. the next should be a week or less later... Everyone is still going nuts for everything.. .. once the 50% rolls around i'll be running around the store again and buying [not putting aside] more items.

All the deus ex human revolutions xbox 360 used and new games were gone.. yikes.. someone paid 60-15%+13% for it... lmao....

I got soooo depressed when i was in the stouffville blockiebuster... they hand a brandnew assassins creed brotherhood collectors edition for sale.. 80 bucks =( yes i'm a nerd.. i love collectors editions/boxsets... my poor hutch is bursting at the seems lmao.

All the cottagers are gone but.. the college brats are back in town! no doubt 40% is going to be a very busy day.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Kitten View Post
    went back to lindsay again.. put aside a few movies and games.. ya the next price drop is tomorrow.. the next should be a week or less later... Everyone is still going nuts for everything.. .. once the 50% rolls around i'll be running around the store again and buying [not putting aside] more items.

All the deus ex human revolutions xbox 360 used and new games were gone.. yikes.. someone paid 60-15%+13% for it... lmao....

I got soooo depressed when i was in the stouffville blockiebuster... they hand a brandnew assassins creed brotherhood collectors edition for sale.. 80 bucks =( yes i'm a nerd.. i love collectors editions/boxsets... my poor hutch is bursting at the seems lmao.

All the cottagers are gone but.. the college brats are back in town! no doubt 40% is going to be a very busy day.
    JACKSORBETTA supplied me with most of my info about the sale and the discount for tommorrow but you said you had someone working there as well. Did they tell you what exactly will be the next price breakdown?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So it doesn't open until noon today, right?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We went and spent over $300 on movies and games. Some was a good deal and some wasn't really. I was told consoles were not discounted.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well I just came back from Blockbuster and it is still 25%, not 40% off.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information