User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I noticed another thread about deals in Washington state, close to Vancouver, and I was thinking that there might be people in southern Ontario who would be interested in having a thread about deals in Western New York (WNY).

The main grocery stores in WNY are:

Wegmans
    http://flyer.wegmans.com/Default.asp...e=NY&zip=14304
    Wegmans is phasing out their weekly flyers and instead are going to consistently low prices that will be in effect for months at a time.

Tops
    http://www.topsmarkets.com/WeeklyAd/Store/22/

Target
    http://weeklyad.target.com/target/de...h=y&adref=beta

Please edit this Wiki if you think of more stores and maybe we could get the same thing going in this thread to keep up on some of the great deals across the border.
    This thread is currently associated with: Target
    Last edited by fanofearl; Thu, Apr 14th, 2011 at 08:46 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Link to this week's flyer for Military Road, Niagara Falls NY:

http://flyer.wegmans.com/Default.aspx?n=92&s=Military Road&z1=BF&ad1=20110327jhn4f8ihkdnghe&d1=3/27/2011&endd1=4/2/2011&state=NY&zip=14304

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Link to Tops Markets flyer for Niagara Falls NY:

http://www.topsmarkets.com/WeeklyAd/Store/22/

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Mom goes to Kroger in Port Huron, MI & they often have buy 10/$10 deals on all kinds of things!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

May want to incl Target and Walmart too! The Walmart Supercentre by the Fashion Outlets is HUGE.

Ever notice milk is dirt cheap over there? I believe WM is $1.66 per 1 gallon jug (equivalent to our 4L milk bag).

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    Mom goes to Kroger in Port Huron, MI & they often have buy 10/$10 deals on all kinds of things!!
    HINT: you should start a Michigan groceries thread

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've gone over the river a few times to check out the prices, but other than milk and gasoline, I find their prices the same or more.
    I often wondered if I started couponing over there how much $ could be saved.
    I think this thread is a fabulous idea.
    De

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal View Post
    May want to incl Target and Walmart too! The Walmart Supercentre by the Fashion Outlets is HUGE.

Ever notice milk is dirt cheap over there? I believe WM is $1.66 per 1 gallon jug (equivalent to our 4L milk bag).

HINT: you should start a Michigan groceries thread
    ================

Mom does the US shopping as I don't have a passport (won't pay the fee, lol) & I do the Canadian shopping!!

Yes, some stuff is alot cheaper over there & with our high $$

Nik
    Female
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I hate this post! (Just cause I really wanna take the 45 minute drive over there)

I so want to go over the border shopping, as I need some things that are MUCH cheaper over there/only available over there.

Trading Score
    75 (100%)

There is also a Walgreens and CV's.

There are always great sales at Macy's and Lord and Taylor at the Walden Galleria mall. If you shop at Macy's go to customer service and get your 14% discount card (all Canadian shoppers qualify) and Lord and Taylor offers a 11% discount card.

Here is a US blog with deals listed:
    http://www.couponsforyourfamily.com/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini06 View Post
    There is also a Walgreens and CV's.

There are always great sales at Macy's and Lord and Taylor at the Walden Galleria mall. If you shop at Macy's go to customer service and get your 14% discount card (all Canadian shoppers qualify) and Lord and Taylor offers a 11% discount card.

Here is a US blog with deals listed:
    http://www.couponsforyourfamily.com/
    Thanks Gemini06 for linking to our site- coupons for your family!! I just joined your awesome forum because I saw your link to our site!!

If anyone needs info on US stores please let me know and I will try to help...

If you shop US for groceries do you have to pay duty when you cross the border??? Sorry I really have no clue

Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Thank you - that would be great.

I don't believe we pay duty on groceries - or at least I never have

Quote Originally Posted by denisecoupons View Post
    Thanks Gemini06 for linking to our site- coupons for your family!! I just joined your awesome forum because I saw your link to our site!!

If you shop US for groceries do you have to pay duty when you cross the border??? Sorry I really have no clue

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I cross at the Rainbow bridge (Niagara Falls) & the Peace bridge (Buffalo) and never paid duty at either.
    De

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by denisecoupons View Post

I claim everything I buy at CDN customs and I've never paid anything (no duty, no taxes) on "food" groceries. However, there is a limit of $20 per person for DAIRY products like Milk.

I've been buying DHA/Organic milk in the US once per month for the last 2+ years. I've only been "caught" once but I was not penalized since I explained I was ignorant to the limit. Also, it helped that I mentioned the milk was for my baby (and not for me). And I also explained that I cannot find DHA and Organic milk combined in Canada. It's one or the either. Not both in one container.

A side benefit is it's 25% cheaper in the USA. Organic Whole or Homogenized milk costs $10 for 4 litres in Canada. Costs $7.50 in the USA.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can't say I go often, but I absolutely love shopping for grocery there.

Skin care could be 25% to 50% cheaper depending on the brand. Many personal care products are cheaper too. Milk is like half the price (plus I like the texture/ taste much better). Diapers seems to be about the same price. Cereal seems to be a bit cheaper. I use Downey and I do find the price better as well.

I cross at the Queenston/ Lewiston bridge each time, I was lucky and have never been taxed.

One of my friends who goes somewhat more often said, if they do go through your stuffs, just tell them to calculate the tax item by item (since different things are taxed at different rate)... that way it gets too complicated and they're more likely to just let you through. I have never tried it though so I can't say for sure.

Coupon sites - I've used coupons from all three at Wal-Mart, no problem at all.

www.coupons.com
    www.smartsource.com
    www.valuesforhealth.com (sign-up required, Johnson and Johnson)

Usually in Canada I'd buy stuffs on sale with coupons, but in the US I'd just use coupons and it's often still cheaper.

W

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I found this site (the Krazy Coupon Lady) which might be useful for cross border couponing. Has a lot of excellent links, including store policies for all the major US grocery stores.

http://thekrazycouponlady.com:8080/extreme-couponing/
    De

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information