User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

11:30am here in NL and I was at Blockbuster for 10am. Prices were high. I checked out pre-views new releases and the base price was $27 DVD and $31 for the blue ray. The 2?$6.98 movies are now $6.98 each before the 15%. They have bundled some of the seasons of tv shows together and early seasons of some shows are cheap but recent seasons are not. And older seasons tend to be well worn. So not impressed.
    This thread is currently associated with: Blockbuster

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I might check out my local blockbuster, but since there's nothing I really need, I think I'll leave it until tomorrow or later. I'm not too surprised that the sale isn't very good - they'll be trying to earn as much as possible from the sale to pay off debts.

COUPONS FOR TRADING
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

If you check closer to the end of the shutdown the prices are reduced to 50% of what you see now. Happened to me when they announced their first set of shutdowns. The only bad thing to waiting is that all of the good stuff will be gone :-(

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

As it gets closer to closing they should slash the prices...timing is everything!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I dont need anything but once they get to the 50% off stage, I'll go in and see if I can pick up any deals. Not worth it to go in now, at least in my opinion. Still to early.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Thats how I feel to Lola. Hubby wants to go check it out but knowing him, he'll spend money on something he should and we'll be kicking ourselves for it later.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The only problem with waiting is that everything good gets cleared out in a day, good deals or not. When Blockbuster had their first wave of closures, my bf and I went the first evening of the sale...half the store was gone. We still picked out some good stuff, but they were old rental copies mostly...though I do agree the prices were higher than I had anticipated for movies. We still ended up with about 6 movies (including 2 Blu-Rays) for about $70.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

hence...the reason why they are closing. that store has always been crazy expensive. But said to see them go all the same
    Gotta love a good deal!!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I guess that's why they're no longer in biz! They should have got out of that a long time ago...didn't they see what was happening to that industry??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I dont need anything but once they get to the 50% off stage, I'll go in and see if I can pick up any deals. Not worth it to go in now, at least in my opinion. Still to early.
    I agree, you have to wait still and then if you're lucky you can find great deals, depending on what you're looking for and what other people are scooping up

Thread Information