User Tag List

Page 271 of 966 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 371 771 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just got it:

OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Mtngrl
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mtngrl
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looks like we were doing the same thing at the same time!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newfbc View Post
    It would be worth it for you to travel to New West!
    Don't rush...the staff at this store, for the most part, are not very airmiles friendly. Not to mention that 3 out of my last 4 visits my airmiles have not been credited. Each time I have had to go in and go through it with the manager and one of those times the CSR tried to "catch" me in a lie. I have learned that patience, a smile and thanking whoever has helped has gone a long way, but as soon as the B100G150 deal is over I will be back to the Royal City Centre location.
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Word from Safeway on Facebook - eAuction returns this month!

Ron.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Word from Safeway on Facebook - eAuction returns this month!
    And I have dropped from 20,000 AMs to under 1,000! :-(
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    And I have dropped from 20,000 AMs to under 1,000! :-(
    I've just worked my way back to almost 5k. I recently booked a Hawaii flight.. used miles, but debated it for a while.

Ron.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Booked Toronto last week which dropped me.

Need 1,500 AMs for 2 one-ways to San Francisco. Hotel will be best Western of course for a few days. Then cruise back with on board credits. LOL!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Meant to add:

A girl just ahead of me in the line at Tim's today won a car.

Wouldn't have worked for me if I was a bit earlier as I wasn't having a coffee.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

For people new to this thread:

Ron mentioned the Safeway eAuction would be happening again soon.

The first one lasted about 28 days and there were/are 2 parts to it.

A. Biddable Items: Safeway puts up around 40-50 single items that you can bid AirMiles on. Highest bid wins. Bidding period was 4 days after which another 40-50 items appear.

You are wise not to bid on any of these items. People were dramatically over-bidding on these items paying 3 or 4 times the number of AMs it cost for an item at the AirMiles website itself. For example the number of Airmiles bid on $100 Safeway gift cards was around $0.03/AM when you could get gift cards on the site for $0.1143/AM.

B. Daily Offers: Every day for 28 days Safeway puts up one item but with perhaps 200 units. It is offered at a set price and the first 200 get the item. If less than 200 people opt in no one gets the offer. Most of these items cost about 40%-67% less than buying the same item with cash. For example, I bought my wife a diamond necklace that Birk's was selling for around $1,100 for about $300 worth of AMs. I do know one fellow who bought this item and then sold it at Kijiji for $800.

So the daily offers can be excellent. You have to be quick. I recall they appeared daily at 9:00AM Manitoba time.

Oh, and remember that Safeway Gift Card people were overbidding to a value of only $0.03/AM. A couple of times the daily offer was a Safeway GC @ $0.125 (4 times better value). I bought one and used it to get around another 400-500 AMs.
    Last edited by operabob; Sat, Mar 3rd, 2012 at 11:22 AM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Would echo the comments OB made...the daily 11AM ET auction was mandatory viewing--got a $900 retail value video camera for about 2250 AM, and more importantly, one of the 100 MacBook Air computers (value and MRSP $999) for 5,500 AM...the latter deal sold out in four minutes, also as I recall in the early days the offer of an ipod touch crashed the system, and Safeways tried to make good on it later...like others I'm still playing catchup on regaining those AM's I know they sent out a feedback survey trying to improve things, one recurring comment seemed to be to have the daily auction at a different time, ie, evenings...we shall soon see...

Ah good times...

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    For people new to this thread:

Ron mentioned the Safeway eAuction would be happening again soon.

The first one lasted about 28 days and there were/are 2 parts to it.

A. Biddable Items: Safeway puts up around 40-50 single items that you can bid AirMiles on. Highest bid wins. Bidding period was 4 days after which another 40-50 items appear.

You are wise not to bid on any of these items. People were dramatically over-bidding on these items paying 3 or 4 times the number of AMs it cost for an item at the AirMiles website itself. For example the number of Airmiles bid on $100 Safeway gift cards was around $0.03/AM when you could get gift cards on the site for $0.1143/AM.

B. Daily Offers: Every day for 28 days Safeway puts up one item but with perhaps 200 units. It is offered at a set price and the first 200 get the item. If less than 200 people opt in no one gets the offer. Most of these items cost about 40%-67% less than buying the same item with cash. For example, I bought my wife a diamond necklace that Birk's was selling for around $1,100 for about $300 worth of AMs. I do know one fellow who bought this item and then sold it at Kijiji for $800.

So the daily offers can be excellent. You have to be quick. I recall they appeared daily at 9:00AM Manitoba time.

Oh, and remember that Safeway Gift Card people were overbidding to a value of only $0.03/AM. A couple of times the daily offer was a Safeway GC @ $0.125 (4 times better value). I bought one and used it to get around another 400-500 AMs.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just discovered that by going through eBates you get an extra 2.5% cash back with Best Western:

http://www./stores/bestwestern.com.h...ation_id=10007
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

To all of you who post the great AM deals - especially OB - I thank you! I am an AM neophyte..... but in this past week I got both the Kelloggs 100 AM and the Purina 100AM ... so a real plus for me.. Even more so was in my local SW .... the Purina huge bags (40lbs I think) ... were on clear out at 24$ reg 47$ ..... wow ... would have missed it except on the day I went in they didn't have the smaller bags (the ones reg 24$ for $19 --- so I had to go back in on Tuesday .... I could barely lift the darn bags. But all good -- we have a very large lab and he loves his Iams large chunks! And at the same time it was coupon nirvana in there with all the new coups that I spotted..... I love my SW during those weeks when all the new coups roll out! I always seem to be shopping at SW for my DS, DH and my DD (and that's Darling Dog - not daughter -lol)..... Thanks for all the great tips - each and every week. And I have no clue as to how these auctions work -- I watched some of it last year = in total amazement --- still didn't pick it all up! But thank you!

Mtngrl
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was just on FB, here's this week's deal...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Going through the fine print of the flier doesn't help. Can you make multiple visits for 10% discount on Tuesday (presuming qualifying $ purchase of course)? Or is it one 10% discount per person per day?? Reason is here we get 50 AM for 40$ purchase, so would look to do multiple buys if allowable...

Thread Information