User Tag List

Page 277 of 966 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 327 377 777 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

swallow,

Their computers are set to recognize your Club Card as well as your AM card. If it says one offer/household you can only use your club card once to buy.

The way around this is to get an extra Club Card. My wife has 1, I have 2 (ended up with an extra by accident not by being sneaky) so in theory I should be able to get the household offer 3 times.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OK, on a totally OT OT topic:

Last November I kept trying to grow a mustache to help support Movember the prostate cancer awareness movement.

Out of habit, every 3 days or so I'd shave it off by accident. However, it kept me thinking that I hadn't been in for my annual in well over a year.

After the exam I heard something unexpected, "You have cancer". More intensive PSA testing seemed to validate this. After seeing the urologist and despite pointing out my father had been diagnosed as a false positive 10 years previously I was told "You definitely have cancer."

I had the biopsy 10 days ago. Funniest part was they brought 4 student nurses into the operatory who were trying desperately not to look.

Today I received a phone call from the urologist, "You do not have cancer".

There are changes but they appear to be benign or other issues. Now I'm advised to have my PSAs tested twice a year in case something was missed. PC is very slow growing if caught early and is curable. If anything is happening I'm at the leading edge for any necessary treatment.

It's been a very interesting 3 months around here!!!!!

I'm sure there are others here that have been in a similar situation, but guys, get tested regularly.

Today is a good day!
    Last edited by operabob; Sat, Mar 10th, 2012 at 10:22 AM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Yikes Bob, glad you're okay!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The past couple of months must have been agonizing! Glad you got good news!
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

scissoritis
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Glad to hear you are OK OB2
    sicosnipophobia

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Glad you are okay! Yes, today is a good day

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Today is a good day! ((HUGS)) for you. I know the journey you must have went through waiting. I have lost loved ones to Cancer. It knows no boundaries. But you have been given the best gift. Health. I am so happy for you.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    100 (99%)

I am thrilled to hear that you are alright! That is wonderful new's!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    swallow,

Their computers are set to recognize your Club Card as well as your AM card. If it says one offer/household you can only use your club card once to buy.

The way around this is to get an extra Club Card. My wife has 1, I have 2 (ended up with an extra by accident not by being sneaky) so in theory I should be able to get the household offer 3 times.
    so, same address is ok as long as its with a different name? why do they bother saying household when it's more like name then?
    SWAGBUCKS ---- Want to earn FREE Gift Cards for searching the web?
    JOIN Swagbucks FREE Join me in earning Amazon Giftcards

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

[/QUOTE]I'm sure there are others here that have been in a similar situation, but guys, get tested regularly.

Today is a good day! [/QUOTE]

Bob you are awesome for posting this. My brother-in-law 43 years old just had radical prostrate removal and the rest of the men in the family all got tested because of his reading. The others are all okay, TG, but it is so important to get tested early! Thank you again Bob.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, I can only imagine! Glad to hear things are looking good. You've inspired me to go get checked (pushing 50, haven't had a physical for 2-3 years).

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, first off, glad to hear it, Bob! Those health scares can be nasty, but at least this one turned out for the best.

Came on to make a bit of an Airmiles brag. Got some decent shopping done at my local Safeway yesterday. Picked up:

9 Boxes of Oatmeal Crisp Cereal (90 AM)
    4L Jug of Milk (No AM, just needed it)
    2L Just of Orange Juice (No AM, just needed it)
    2 jugs of Tide (No AM, but on for under $5, was running low)
    2 packs Little Swimmers (again, no specific AM, just needed, and on sale)
    6 packs of AA batteries (150 AM)
    2 packs AAA batteries (50 AM)

Total came to $122.19, had my $10 off coupon from Tuesday's shopping (15% off day), brought the total down to $112.19. Because I was over $100, got 250AM with our local Extreme Airmiles event. Finally, adding in the base 5AM, go to a grand total of 545 Airmiles.

That being said, shouldn't need Tide, cereal, or batteries for a while (a 2 year old is hard on all those things)

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmmmm, interesting additional note. I knew they were switching to the AirMiles cash scenario, so I was curious to go to the airmiles.ca site and see if they still offered actual gift cards. They do, but they've upped the redemption rate again. Shell cards are still available at 190AM for $20 (same as AM cash at 95AM for $10). I didn't check all the rest of the cards, but looks to me like they're all recalculated for a rate of 95AM for $10 value. Guess I might as well just use the points for straight gas now. Been using them for various gift cards in the past (yes, still lots of gas), but now there's no difference, and with the gas, I can use it instantly. No waiting for the card to arrive, no risk of loosing it.

That being said, glad I cashed out my AM for the gift cards a few months back when I did. Got over $1000 of Shell gift certificates. They've come in handy, hardly bought any gas in the last few months. Car show season is coming, gas usage will only go up

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great to hear that news, OB...may you have many more years of shopping, cruising, travelling, and earning AM's

Last November I kept trying to grow a mustache to help support Movember the prostate cancer awareness movement.

Out of habit, every 3 days or so I'd shave it off by accident. However, it kept me thinking that I hadn't been in for my annual in well over a year.

After the exam I heard something unexpected, "You have cancer". More intensive PSA testing seemed to validate this. After seeing the urologist and despite pointing out my father had been diagnosed as a false positive 10 years previously I was told "You definitely have cancer."

I had the biopsy 10 days ago. Funniest part was they brought 4 student nurses into the operatory who were trying desperately not to look.

There are changes but they appear to be benign or other issues. Now I'm advised to have my PSAs tested twice a year in case something was missed. PC is very slow growing if caught early and is curable. If anything is happening I'm at the leading edge for any necessary treatment.

I'm sure there are others here that have been in a similar situation, but guys, get tested regularly.

Today is a good day!

i am crazy for coupons
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Today is a good day!

it is a good day. glad to hear you are ok. hugs to you for everything you do in life !

Thread Information