User Tag List

Page 333 of 966 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 433 833 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 14480
Like Tree18431Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

  1. #4981
    Canadian Genius operabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,308
    Likes Received
    8697
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)




    does anyone know how much the sayeway select pot stickers are? before and after the 50% off coupon? thank you
    $11.99 so at 50% off they'll be either $5.99 or $6.00
    OB

    Who Says Men Can't Shop!


  2. #4982
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    815
    Likes Received
    1664
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Does anyone know if using both the spend $100 get a 100 worked to double up on the airmiles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna456 View Post
    The cashier was very irritated that I even asked to do this and shot the idea down. There were no younger guys on till for me to go to.

    Good for her! She clearly understands the terms of the coupon (cannot be combined). I'm surprised people even attempt to do this.

    Ron.

  3. #4983
    Canadian Genius operabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,308
    Likes Received
    8697
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)




    Good for her! She clearly understands the terms of the coupon (cannot be combined). I'm surprised people even attempt to do this
    Ron,

    My experience in this sort of thing in the past is Safeway sets their computer programs to automatically reject one of these if there is a conflict. If not it's accepted. Considering that the tellers can't be expected to stay on top of all of this the only way to know for sure is to actually run it through the till. In the past I've bought offers but also had a bonus coupon and these have been accepted. Batteries are a good example.

    As it says "Can't be combined with other AirMiles offers" the interpretation could be taken to mean no bonus offers allowed either.

    As it i,s the B$100G100 in the flyer is offered by Safeway while the one with the PLU is from AirMiles and might be considered separate offers. The only way to know for sure is to run it through.
    Last edited by operabob; Sat, Aug 11th, 2012 at 02:56 PM.
    OB

    Who Says Men Can't Shop!


  4. #4984
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    815
    Likes Received
    1664
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Does anyone know if using both the spend $100 get a 100 worked to double up on the airmiles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna456 View Post
    The cashier was very irritated that I even asked to do this and shot the idea down. There were no younger guys on till for me to go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Ron,

    My experience in this sort of thing in the past is Safeway sets their computer programs to automatically reject one of these if there is a conflict. If not it's accepted. Considering that the tellers can't be expected to stay on top of all of this the only way to know for sure is to actually run it through the till. In the past I've bought offers but also had a bonus coupon and these have been accepted. Batteries are a good example.

    As it says "Can't be combined with other AirMiles offers" the interpretation could be taken to mean no bonus offers allowed either.

    As it i,s the B$100G100 in the flyer is offered by Safeway while the one with the PLU is from AirMiles and might be considered separate offers. The only way to know for sure is to run it through.

    I consider spend $100 get 100 Air Miles to be an offer. A coupon offer for Air Miles on another product is clearly a separate offer. The coupon you posted says limit one bonus offer per day. The one in the flyer says limit one bonus offer per transaction. Both of them say spend $100, get 100. Even if you could use both, you're still only spending $100, therefore 'stacking', which Safeway does not generally permit.

    Ron.

  5. #4985
    Canadian Genius operabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,308
    Likes Received
    8697
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)




    I consider spend $100 get 100 Air Miles to be an offer. A coupon offer for Air Miles on another product is clearly a separate offer. The coupon you posted says limit one bonus offer per day. The one in the flyer says limit one bonus offer per transaction. Both of them say spend $100, get 100. Even if you could use both, you're still only spending $100, therefore 'stacking', which Safeway does not generally permit.
    You might well be right but Safeway sets it to reject at the till if so.

    If it isn't so it'll be accepted. If you just assume it's so then you might be cutting yourself out of a legitimate offer. The only way to know for sure is to run it through.
    OB

    Who Says Men Can't Shop!


  6. #4986
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    1,853
    Likes Received
    3596
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    You might well be right but Safeway sets it to reject at the till if so.

    If it isn't so it'll be accepted. If you just assume it's so then you might be cutting yourself out of a legitimate offer. The only way to know for sure is to run it through.
    I just got back from safeway and got the cashier to run through both coupons, and it didn't work even though they were different codes. I just got credit for 100 airmiles.
    Oh well I tried.
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Sat, Aug 11th, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
    operabob likes this.

  7. #4987
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    892
    Likes Received
    440
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)



    oh well, now we all know
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    I just got back from safeway and got the cashier to run through both coupons, and it didn't work even though they were different codes. I just got credit for 100 airmiles.
    Oh well I tried.

  8. #4988
    Canadian Genius operabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,308
    Likes Received
    8697
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)




    I think a lot of the tellers fail to realize their tills are set to account for any conflicts and that's why they hassle people.
    OB

    Who Says Men Can't Shop!


  9. #4989
    Canadian Genius operabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,308
    Likes Received
    8697
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)




    BTW: Did people get their Safeway AMs awarded this week or are we on delay again? I didn't get mine.
    OB

    Who Says Men Can't Shop!


  10. #4990
    Canadian Genius operabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,308
    Likes Received
    8697
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)




    The A&H toothpaste is $2.79 ($3.14 for sensitive).

    As it's a BOGO with a B6G50 then pre-tax 6 will cost $8.37 and you pick up $5.25 in AMs so effectively:

    $1.40/0.52

    If you have coupons......
    OB

    Who Says Men Can't Shop!


  11. #4991
    Canadian Genius cheekysaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spinning tunes and being happy!
    Age
    50
    Posts
    5,023
    Likes Received
    7623
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)




    Thanks Bob! LOL now i am wishing i had some arm and hammer toothpaste coupons!
    operabob likes this.

  12. #4992
    Canadian Genius operabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,308
    Likes Received
    8697
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)




    now i am wishing i had some arm and hammer toothpaste coupons!
    Ask at your dentist's office. They often have some.
    OB

    Who Says Men Can't Shop!


  13. #4993
    Canadian Genius Giving-Small's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Saskatoon
    Posts
    9,174
    Likes Received
    3290
    Trading Score
    346 (100%)




    The A&H toothpaste is $2.79 ($3.14 for sensitive).

    So there's 75 cent coupons for A&H, so that would mean
    6*.75=$4.50

    So $8.37 - $5.25 - $4.50 = $1.38 to the good.
    operabob likes this.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

    Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

  14. #4994
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    493
    Likes Received
    649
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    The A&H toothpaste is $2.79 ($3.14 for sensitive).

    So there's 75 cent coupons for A&H, so that would mean
    6*.75=$4.50

    So $8.37 - $5.25 - $4.50 = $1.38 to the good.
    Don't forget taxes are charged on the free ones too.
    operabob likes this.

  15. #4995
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    493
    Likes Received
    649
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    BTW: Did people get their Safeway AMs awarded this week or are we on delay again? I didn't get mine.
    I got mine on Friday for the purchases made at Safeway for the week ending Aug. 4.
    operabob likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •