User Tag List

Page 391 of 966 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381 389 390 391 392 393 401 441 491 891 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OFF TOPIC:

Thank you to the member who registered with my referral for the Entertainment Book. A win, win for both of us.

Today I received a new one from INGDirect.

If you open an account through this link:

http://www.ingdirect.ca/referafriend/

They'll give you a $50 bonus and I'll get a $50 bonus as well! LOL! If you use my referral key:

14855711S1

Don't do this for me. Only do it if it works for you.

I use INGDirect to exchange $US. They pay about a 30% better exchange rate than the banks and a higher interest rate for deposits.

Again, only do this if it makes sense for you.
    orange likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actually I used the coupon from airmiles.ca site. Wasn't the coupon from safe way. Just the one coupon . All I know is the cashier looked at my husband and said "bleep, she,s good."" I originally spent $373.00,. I got it down to $210.00. Used the $10/$50(worked a second time.) Received 750 airmiles, will be getting back $25.00 in gas cards( you got to love corn pops ) , $20.00 credit from visa , $15.00 rebates and free Kraft Dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    Did the cashier scan both coupons or just the 300AM one?
    operabob likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just the three hundred one!
    operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksparklz View Post
    Actually I used the coupon from airmiles.ca site. Wasn't the coupon from safe way. Just the one coupon . All I know is the cashier looked at my husband and said "bleep, she,s good."" I originally spent $373.00,. I got it down to $210.00. Used the $10/$50(worked a second time.) Received 750 airmiles, will be getting back $25.00 in gas cards( you got to love corn pops ) , $20.00 credit from visa , $15.00 rebates and free Kraft Dinner.
    You are good girl!! I'm impressed!
    operabob likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you. I shocked myself and have no more room in my freezer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Lady View Post
    You are good girl!! I'm impressed!
    operabob and Lavender Lady like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kinda reminds me of my expedition--original total was about 410$...60$ of coffee coupons and 140$ of "card savings"= savings of 49%...needed the mgr's override 3 times; felt just like them extreme couponers on TV...I scored well over 2,000 AM's this week alone!!! Oh yeah and here's a weird kicker that might amuse only me...I needed to spend 300$ more this week to hit 500$ in BMO MC for a bonus, so on Monday I bought 300$ of SF GC's, figuring I'd save them for Christmas/next year...HAHA. Four of them bit the dust today, of course, but who knew on Monday that there would be this deal on Thursday???

Oh yes and two final loose ends...0.0 AM's buying Safeway GC's (SDM has the edge here); and got both the 100AM and 300AM coupons scanned, but only the 300 one hit the receipt.

One more thing, as Lt. Columbo would say--punched in the codes for the BMO coupons--got credited with miles just about instantly. First time that's ever happened with Air Miles!!
    Last edited by VEGAS PILGRIM; Thu, Nov 29th, 2012 at 11:00 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

My BMO appointment is tomorrow.

Said I wanted to hear what they suggest in a TFSA.

They'll recommend GICs or mutual funds. I'll argue with that opinion and leave with 300 AMs thank you very much.

BTW and OFF Topic:

How many of you realize that a $10,000 investment in the average Canadian Equity Mutual Fund will grow to $98,000 over 30 years giving you a profit of $88,000.

Seems pretty good until you realize the little average 2.1% fee (MER) the fund managers charged made the company $77,000. They made almost as much as you did.

Oh, and that 2.1% MER was from 10 years ago. Everyone started crying about high fees and the fund companies said they would lower them. Today it's 2.6%. They're making even more money. Mind you I don't mind as I get a portion of that in dividends.

No doubt the FP will suggest high fee BMO mutual funds and completely skip BMO Index Funds because the company makes more money that way. Clients buying low fee Index funds can grow that $10,000 investment to around $170,000 in 30 years vs. the $98,000 from non Index Funds.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    324 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    My BMO appointment is tomorrow.

Said I wanted to hear what they suggest in a TFSA.

They'll recommend GICs or mutual funds. I'll argue with that opinion and leave with 300 AMs thank you very much.

BTW and OFF Topic:

How many of you realize that a $10,000 investment in the average Canadian Equity Mutual Fund will grow to $98,000 over 30 years giving you a profit of $88,000.

Seems pretty good until you realize the little average 2.1% fee (MER) the fund managers charged made the company $77,000. They made almost as much as you did.

Oh, and that 2.1% MER was from 10 years ago. Everyone started crying about high fees and the fund companies said they would lower them. Today it's 2.6%. They're making even more money. Mind you I don't mind as I get a portion of that in dividends.

No doubt the FP will suggest high fee BMO mutual funds and completely skip BMO Index Funds because the company makes more money that way. Clients buying low fee Index funds can grow that $10,000 investment to around $170,000 in 30 years vs. the $98,000 from non Index Funds.
    I made a mistake making an appointment for 300 airmiles with the same adviser who I saw for 200 airmiles. She said no more airmiles for me as its one per account. For my TFSA of course she was suggesting BMO mutual funds.
    operabob and blacksparklz like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did the 400 AM you got show up on your bill as 2 separate bonus AM, i.e. one for 100 & one for 300?
    It didn't work for me. Maybe because the cashier used the coupon from Safeway flyer, instead of the AM site. Even though I gave her the AM site coupon, but she used the Safeway one anyway. She said it is the same offer.
    Last edited by a_1_a; Fri, Nov 30th, 2012 at 02:00 AM.
    operabob and blacksparklz like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by LIVE SIMPLE View Post
    I made a mistake making an appointment for 300 airmiles with the same adviser who I saw for 200 airmiles. She said no more airmiles for me as its one per account. For my TFSA of course she was suggesting BMO mutual funds.
    May be try a different branch? Do they keep the info that you had seen an adviser already in another branch?
    operabob and LIVE SIMPLE like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The bonus showed up as 400. The only thing I could think of why it showed up like that was, she scanned my airmiles card first , then my airmiles coupon ( when the total was over $300 ) , merchandise coupons , and safeway card last. Going to try it again on Saturday, if my coupons match up. It probably was a glitch in the system. Coupo code on receipt read 1121

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    Did the 400 AM you got show up on your bill as 2 separate bonus AM, i.e. one for 100 & one for 300?
    It didn't work for me. Maybe because the cashier used the coupon from Safeway flyer, instead of the AM site. Even though I gave her the AM site coupon, but she used the Safeway one anyway. She said it is the same offer.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Last edited by operabob; Fri, Nov 30th, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For those of us with Safeway Liquor stores, there is a Spend $100 get 150AM deal on this week.
    operabob and Lavender Lady like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

GypsyGirl likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Had fun today at the BMO meeting.

Guy I met had no authority to give AMs so he went and got the financial planner. I let them know immediately I was there for the AMs. Wasn't long before they realized I'm a more sophisticated investor so the three of us just sat there laughing our heads off for an hour bouncing financial planning ideas off each other. Had such a good time I even went into the manager's office and gave them a "job well done" compliment which they were very happy about. The manager knows me by name anyway.

At first the planner was only going to give me 100 AMs as he hadn't heard about the 300 AM offer so I took the both of them to the link on the financial website I monitor at. No problem. Just gave me three 100 AM cards.

My sense is you could do this multiple times through different branches if you're that committed. LOL!
    LIVE SIMPLE likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Thread Information