User Tag List

Page 447 of 966 FirstFirst ... 347 397 437 445 446 447 448 449 457 497 547 947 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

I tried to use my old air miles card a few weeks back and it didn't work. So I ordered new cards and they've been working.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna456 View Post
    [
    However, 25% back is a lot, and while I'm certainly not complaining, I am curious as to why? I can think of a few scenarios (some of which are almost opposite to each other) as to why. Which do you think is more likely (feel free to add your own)

I thought this was a great promotion and was eager to use it. I used it to fill up our two vehicles and I got the bonus Airmiles. The next time I went back almost a week later to do it again...SURPRISE...my airmiles card didn't work. I stood in the gas station and called Airmiles. To anyone who has had to do this recently, you know how long this takes. The customer service rep talked to a tech person who said my card was, get this, "to old".
    After 40 mins on the phone I was getting a little too angry and just left. After I cooled off, I called and spoke to a manager who did a great job dealing with it. He said maybe I walked by a supermagnet and my card became ruined. HHMMM. Wouldn't that ruin all the cards in my wallet? I was VERY suspicious of the timing.
    operabob likes this.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also have been having some problems with my card. I've ordered a new one, hasn't come in yet.
    operabob likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As a precaution I went ahead and ordered two replacement cards too. You can do it quickly from the airmiles website: https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/ReplaceCard
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good to have you back in the flock, emax!!

Here is the 411 on today's GB, which I got one of...in less than two minutes they were all gone!

Apple iPod nano (16GB) - Slate

Description

Model: MD481C/A

The redesigned, ultraportable iPod nano has a larger, 2.5-inch Multi-Touch display; plays music, FM radio and videos; includes built-in Bluetooth technology; and features a pedometer and Nike+ support for fitness.

More Information:

• 2.5-inch Multi-Touch colour display with 240-by-432 pixel resolution
    • 5.4mm wide
    • Easy-to-use controls to quickly adjust volume, or play, pause, and change songs
    • Built-in pedometer for fitness
    • 16GB capacity*
    • Up to 30 hours of music playback**
    * GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less. **Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings.

Manufacturer's suggested retail price: $149.00

Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of this item.

www.apple.ca

SOLD OUT!
    AIR MILES® reward miles

120 of 120 Activated
    This Group Buy has expired.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Donna456 View Post
    [
    However, 25% back is a lot, and while I'm certainly not complaining, I am curious as to why? I can think of a few scenarios (some of which are almost opposite to each other) as to why. Which do you think is more likely (feel free to add your own)

I thought this was a great promotion and was eager to use it. I used it to fill up our two vehicles and I got the bonus Airmiles. The next time I went back almost a week later to do it again...SURPRISE...my airmiles card didn't work. I stood in the gas station and called Airmiles. To anyone who has had to do this recently, you know how long this takes. The customer service rep talked to a tech person who said my card was, get this, "to old".
    After 40 mins on the phone I was getting a little too angry and just left. After I cooled off, I called and spoke to a manager who did a great job dealing with it. He said maybe I walked by a supermagnet and my card became ruined. HHMMM. Wouldn't that ruin all the cards in my wallet? I was VERY suspicious of the timing.
    It happened to me a couple times at Shell too. They told me it is because the connection or system errors. It worked the next day.
    operabob likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    It happened to me a couple times at Shell too. They told me it is because the connection or system errors. It worked the next day.
    The part that I dislike is that it is unreliable. While on the phone with airmiles they assured me it was not the system but the card. The next person said it could have been the system. No one really knows. I would never go and get fuel without another form of payment anyways, but I'm sure some people will. Maybe the system and machines are new and they are working out the kinks..?
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post
    As a precaution I went ahead and ordered two replacement cards too. You can do it quickly from the airmiles website: https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/ReplaceCard

Additional options, use the mobile AM app, which can be set to show your card number (for manual entries); also you were able to print off a paper card that could be scanned (haven't gone back to check, because the website is a mess).

Also, with regards to GB's Safeway is twittering and face booking the items ahead of time (between 2 hours and 2 minutes before the start time, so far); whether they're good value or not, they don't seem to last the day. Seems the promo company running it has figured out that completed GB's are a good thing, and have promoted them strongly. (Today's GB seems to be diamond related).

HECKUVA deal today, depending on MSRP, will leave it to emax to evaluate it.

Diamond Earrings and Women’s Bulova Diamond Watch

Description

Women’s Diamond Watch (96R122):

Peer deep into the inner workings of a Bulova mechanical and you’ll find something amazing – a watch without batteries or electricity, powered by the energy of a coiled spring and kept in motion by a complex, self-winding system perpetuated by your body’s natural movement. The result is a design that is as beautiful inside as it is outside.

All Bulova mechanical watches are crafted of stainless steel, with open-aperture or skeleton dials and transparent casebacks for a view of timekeeping in action.

Features:

• Water resistant to 30m
    • 34 individually hand-set diamonds
    • Stainless Steel Band

Diamond Earrings:

Certificate of Authenticity included:

“I hereby certify that your Diamond Earrings are produced from pure 18K white gold and are set with 22 round cut diamonds for a TW of .40 carats, G-H color and I2 clarity.”

Approximate Value of Package: $2,200.00

Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of this item
    Last edited by VEGAS PILGRIM; Tue, Mar 26th, 2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: update
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I miss you guys... I will be getting internet soon! I am so out of the loop!
    operabob and thriftygranny like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS PILGRIM View Post
    Additional options, use the mobile AM app, which can be set to show your card number (for manual entries); also you were able to print off a paper card that could be scanned (haven't gone back to check, because the website is a mess).

Also, with regards to GB's Safeway is twittering and face booking the items ahead of time (between 2 hours and 2 minutes before the start time, so far); whether they're good value or not, they don't seem to last the day. Seems the promo company running it has figured out that completed GB's are a good thing, and have promoted them strongly. (Today's GB seems to be diamond related).

Description

Women’s Diamond Watch (96R122):

Peer deep into the inner workings of a Bulova mechanical and you’ll find something amazing – a watch without batteries or electricity, powered by the energy of a coiled spring and kept in motion by a complex, self-winding system perpetuated by your body’s natural movement. The result is a design that is as beautiful inside as it is outside.

All Bulova mechanical watches are crafted of stainless steel, with open-aperture or skeleton dials and transparent casebacks for a view of timekeeping in action.

Features:

• Water resistant to 30m
    • 34 individually hand-set diamonds
    • Stainless Steel Band

Diamond Earrings:

Certificate of Authenticity included:

“I hereby certify that your Diamond Earrings are produced from pure 18K white gold and are set with 22 round cut diamonds for a TW of .40 carats, G-H color and I2 clarity.”

Approximate Value of Package: $2,200.00

Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of this item
    How do you know about these GB's (what are they)and how do you get to win one?
    operabob and thriftygranny like this.
    Breyden's, Lizzie's, Alexa's & Danica's Grama
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/[email protected]

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugler View Post
    How do you know about these GB's (what are they)and how do you get to win one?

Frugler, this is part of safeways eauction that started on Friday. http://safewayeauction.com/
    You need to register and then you need a code to be able to bid or buy.
    The code is on the tickets you get when you make a purchase at Safeway.
    Great values to be had. And it is not too late to get in on it.
    operabob likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just updated the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&output=html

Safeway says the MSRP is $2200, but you can get the watch for under $500 on Amazon.ca. Soooo... that means the earrings are worth $1700? Not to me they're not. Apparently other people aren't seeing the value either -- this is the first group buy to NOT sell out immediately.

The regular auction items continue to entertain -- there's at least one item every day that gets bid up way beyond its actual value. But there are also great deals to be had for certain items (trips mostly).
    operabob likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by myintuition View Post
    Frugler, this is part of safeways eauction that started on Friday. http://safewayeauction.com/
    You need to register and then you need a code to be able to bid or buy.
    The code is on the tickets you get when you make a purchase at Safeway.
    Great values to be had. And it is not too late to get in on it.

Thanks
    operabob likes this.
    Breyden's, Lizzie's, Alexa's & Danica's Grama
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/[email protected]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post
    Just updated the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&output=html

Safeway says the MSRP is $2200, but you can get the watch for under $500 on Amazon.ca. Soooo... that means the earrings are worth $1700? Not to me they're not. Apparently other people aren't seeing the value either -- this is the first group buy to NOT sell out immediately.

The regular auction items continue to entertain -- there's at least one item every day that gets bid up way beyond its actual value. But there are also great deals to be had for certain items (trips mostly).
    Don't they though...some people have more air miles than brains, judging by the overbids (people really like Safeway GC's). The trips' "value" is debatable: looked at the Las Vegas trip, for example (chosen at random, of course ) You'd have to include (in most cases) a connector flight, since there are a limited number of departure cities available.

One intangible factor are far as "value" is concerned--taxes. For example, with regards to the Apple iPod, the retail cost actually paid would have to include all taxes and fees (not only HST, but disposal/recycling fees). So even though I've spent $75 worth of AM's, I saved 75$ on retail price (Apple MSRP was 150$, IIRC), and around 20$ in taxes, etc. On an iPod, it's a few bucks, of course, but on a MacBook, now we're talking serious money!!!

By the way, FYI Wednesday's GB will most likely be a vacuum cleaner of sorts, as hinted on their FB page.
    operabob likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The trips' "value" is debatable: looked at the Las Vegas trip, for example (chosen at random, of course ) You'd have to include (in most cases) a connector flight, since there are a limited number of departure cities available.
    Quite right. And travel is routinely discounted from the msrp in the real world so the auction value isn't as good as it might appear. In general, when the retail link on the spreadsheet just points back to the Safeway auction page (ie I can't find the item for sale elsewhere to confirm a "real" price) it means I'm just using Safeway quoted msrp, which may be overstated.

One intangible factor are far as "value" is concerned--taxes. For example, with regards to the Apple iPod, the retail cost actually paid would have to include all taxes and fees (not only HST, but disposal/recycling fees). So even though I've spent $75 worth of AM's, I saved 75$ on retail price (Apple MSRP was 150$, IIRC), and around 20$ in taxes, etc. On an iPod, it's a few bucks, of course, but on a MacBook, now we're talking serious money!!!
    Again quite right. There's also shipping costs which I haven't included. Too many moving parts to track everything. It's just a quick guide to help look for value. The group buys are almost always a good deal (if you're in the market for that kind of item) and sometimes you can spot a good buy for something you want in the regular items. Or at least it's good entertainment. :-;
    operabob likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The $2200 worth of sparkly rocks is in danger of being the first group buy to fail. Less than half an hour to go and they still need 36 more people to drink that kool-aid.
    operabob and VEGAS PILGRIM like this.

Thread Information