User Tag List

Page 500 of 966 FirstFirst ... 400 450 490 498 499 500 501 502 510 550 600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

BTW Nofrills was packed stem to kester and it was hard to move around.... just sayin.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Unfortunately NO No Frills nearby here!

BTW:

OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

You Rock Bob!!
    Name:  high_five.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  6.4 KB

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Well 500 is pretty awesome!.... BTW that 650K isn't half bad either... if you keep this up you will be over 800K by the year end.
    operabob likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    I just spent $127 on groceries... and it wasn't at safeway. At my local no frills they had pork loins sliced into chops for $2 lb... and they carried over last weeks sale on the picnic hams for $1lb... needless to say i left with 24lbs of meat... good meat ... real meat... i also got 3 packs of mushrooms and tons of soda and bottled water and veggies and eggs and milk and a 5lb bag of apples.... (we need lots to drink here... our water is filled with chemicals to clean the slug out of it and it makes my throat soar!)... Safeway didn't meet my price point this week... and if they check out no frills prices they will see why. (yup we know you snoop about this thread... how could you not Bob is AWESOME!)
    Best quote in this thread;
    "buying meat at No Frills is like buying meat at Value Village IMO"

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/t...ustworthy.html

operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The deals were pretty poor at all retailers. Based on history the deals should start ramping up over the next weeks. Last year at this time was crappy too. I went to safeway today and spent $100. They had some decent deals on a few things. I needed to replenish cereal. I did the kelloggs b6 g100. I got special k, I have a ton of coupons so for $16 i got 100 airmiles. which is a good average. I bought the janes fillets today for the first time and they were really good. I like them way better than the chicken strips. The beef jerky was a decent deal @ $4 each . I finally used my 3 coupons for the hershey almond things as they had a small airmile bonus for the candy carnival. so spent $4.50 for 3 bags and got 15 miles. I bought other staples like milk, bread, eggs and extra lean ground beef. some fruit and veggies. spent $101.80 and got 310 miles. I didn't think I would do that good this week but it was decent.
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Fri, Jun 28th, 2013 at 10:22 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post

BTW:

Lol I kinda looked at some early pages and it was pretty much you just talking to yourself bob lol. usually a post or two a day. Anyways happy 500!!!!!!!!
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

it was pretty much you just talking to yourself bob lol
    At least I get the answers I want that way!

Name:  1245942682610-10yph1gq8tyki-670-75.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  33.7 KB
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I'm a super newbie shopping at Safeway and using AirMiles and used the 100AM wus 100$ coupon for the first time today. I purchased 4 packages of the extra lean ground beef on sale but noticed that the packages were quite small and there is a limit of 4 packages. I asked the butcher if he could prepare 4 packages of 2kg+ each so that solved the limit of 4 for me. I also bought 6 Colgate Advanced toothpaste 2/4$ - 6x1.50$ coupons and collected a bonus of 30AM. The store I went to had the Jordan's cereal at 50% off and I used 1$ coupons to buy 3 boxes at 2.47$ each. I bought some other necessities such as organic milk and several green leafy lettuce etc.. I spent a total of 113$ and collected 135AM. Would that be considered an ok deal?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I spent a total of 113$ and collected 135AM. Would that be considered an ok deal?
    If you come out ahead of buying elsewhere it's a good deal.

135AMs has a real cash value of 135 x $0.105 = $14.18 which is about an extra 12.5% savings.

If you use the AMs to fly then the value can be double or more depending on where you fly from.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    I'm a super newbie shopping at Safeway and using AirMiles and used the 100AM wus 100$ coupon for the first time today. I purchased 4 packages of the extra lean ground beef on sale but noticed that the packages were quite small and there is a limit of 4 packages. I asked the butcher if he could prepare 4 packages of 2kg+ each so that solved the limit of 4 for me. I also bought 6 Colgate Advanced toothpaste 2/4$ - 6x1.50$ coupons and collected a bonus of 30AM. The store I went to had the Jordan's cereal at 50% off and I used 1$ coupons to buy 3 boxes at 2.47$ each. I bought some other necessities such as organic milk and several green leafy lettuce etc.. I spent a total of 113$ and collected 135AM. Would that be considered an ok deal?
    It's not bad, but you should focus on getting as close to the $100 mark before taxes as possible. I carry my ipod with me when I shop and use the notepad to add up the prices along while I shop. I find anything spending over $100 is a waste. The one problem I encounter is with weighted fruits and vegetables. I usually try to weigh them to get a rough estimate of price. I try to go calculate around $102 just so I'm not under and have to scramble to find something to get to the $100. So the goal is to get as close as possible to $100 before tax, carry a calculator or something to maximize your savings.

The other thing like bob said is if the actual price you are paying for the product compared to a competitor is good. You really need to know your prices for stuff. What you did with the extra lean and getting the butcher to make them into large packages was a great idea. Using coupons is good as well.

When I shop I usually stock up on things when they are on sale and also offer airmiles and a bigger bonus if I can use a coupon on top of it. You did that with the toothpaste.

It takes time to get better. I started doing this just over a year ago and I seem to be getting better. This thread and the people contributing a long with the website as a whole do an amazing job to help everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quick note I was at Walmart to pick up a few things and I usually quickly compare prices. I mentioned I bought the janes chicken fillets yesterday. They are delicious and based on weight cheaper than buying chicken breasts or fillets themselves. The price at Safeway is $12.99 and Walmart $12.87 Buy 2 get 30 bonus airmiles. The Safeway I shop at offers 150 bonus airmiles per $100 so it's better for me to purchase with the bonus airmiles opposed to the 10% off. So I bought 2 roughly $26 got 30 airmiles and the $26 went towards my $100 for 150 airmiles equals 39 miles so 69 miles by paying 24 cents more at Safeway. This is how you do it I love you Safeway well I actually got an extra 1 almost 2 miles for that by paying with my BMO Gold Card so make it an even 70 miles. I love you too BMO
    operabob and coley3 like this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley73 View Post
    I contacted airmiles today and they were unclear as to what the policy regarding gift card purchases was. I am awaiting their reply by Wednesday. I'll post what I hear from them.
    So airmiles got back to me on Wednesday, and they stated unless it is specifically excluded in the terms and conditions of the promo on than you will earn full airmiles on gift card purchases.

I've saved that convo... Lets hope it works out. I went ahead and ordered gift cards from a few different stores (to save for Xmas shopping).

Wish more of the stores on airmiles shops offered gift cards for purchase!
    operabob, coley3 and Tommycoupons like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley73 View Post
    So airmiles got back to me on Wednesday, and they stated unless it is specifically excluded in the terms and conditions of the promo on than you will earn full airmiles on gift card purchases.

I've saved that convo... Lets hope it works out. I went ahead and ordered gift cards from a few different stores (to save for Xmas shopping).

Wish more of the stores on airmiles shops offered gift cards for purchase!
    Last August and September my friend bought a bunch of gift cards at Safeway in Vancouver when they offered a lot of airmiles to buy gift cards. He used my card and they didn't go through. He called them but you have to wait 120 days or something. After the 120 days he called again and they finally gave me the air miles. If you buy them, make sure to keep your receipts!!
    operabob and harbie like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Thread Information