User Tag List

Page 625 of 966 FirstFirst ... 125 525 575 615 623 624 625 626 627 635 675 725 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Have to run:

Campbell's Tetra broth (9ooml didn't it used to be 1L?) is part of a B6G50 offer $1.67/0.79

Kruger Event Buy 1 of each Get 90:

Purex 12DBL 5.99/2.84

Sponge Towels 5.99/2.84

Scotties 6 pack 5.99/2.84

If you have any coupons on these your laughing.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

yeah the campbells broth is a great deal!!!
    operabob and Jouelle89 like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Don't see how they could stop you if you tell them "these are 2 separate bills".
    No kidding.... are they in such a good position they are willing to tell people... i am sorry we only want half your order.. it seems silly... sounds like the manager is being a dork
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The Extreme Specials this week are:

Safeway Softly Bath Tissue B2G50 7.19/4.56

and

Safeway Home Facial Tissue (6 x 100) B2G50 5.49/2.83

Except on the remote possiblity the Safeway sizes are larger the Kruger Event is far better.

Don't know why Safeway even bothered on these two.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Is that safeway coupon still up on the bathroom tissue? (I still think the kruger is a better deal)
    operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    No kidding.... are they in such a good position they are willing to tell people... i am sorry we only want half your order.. it seems silly... sounds like the manager is being a dork
    "Dork" isn't a big enough word! I guess they're making so much money they don't care if they lose some customers over their own stupidity. It sure makes me want to shop there less and less, going to stores that don't offer any benefits
    operabob, 4sure5 and Jouelle89 like this.
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Safeway February 14 - 20

P. 1

NADA

P. 2

BlueWater Event B3G20 & B6G50:

Breaded/Pan Sear Fillets/Classic Cut 9.99/9.29/9.11

Fillets 4.99/4.29/4.11

Seasoned Fillets 3.99/3.29/3.11

P. 3

GMS Asian Entrees B2G15 9.99/9.20

Saf. Kitchens Chicken Wings B2G20 10.99/9.94

Saf. Select 5 Cheese Chicken Lasagna B2G15 6.99/6.20

GMS Veggie Samosas B3G10 3.99/3.64

ER Chicken Nuggets B2G20 8.49/7.44

Highliner Signature Packs B2G20 12.99/11.94

P. 4

Black Diamond Cheese 200g B3G10 4.49/4.14

P. 5

Heinz Baby Food 20% OFF NPG B10G20 -0.21

P. 6

Nicorette/Derm 20% OFF NPG B2G40 -2.10

Campbell’s Event B6G50:

Tera Broth 1.67/0.79

Soup (12) 5.99/5.11

Creations Soup/V8 2.50/1.62

Goldfish Crackers 3/2.12

Pace Salsa 6.99/6.11

Kruger Event Buy One (1) Of Each Get 90 AMs:

Purex (12)/SpongeTowels (6)/Scotties (6) $5.99/$2.84 each

P. 7

Colgate Optic MW B4G20 5.99/5.46

Huggies Wipes B2G15 7.99/7.20

Reckitt Event B3G20:

Airwick Scented Oil Refill 4.99/4.29

Airwick Freshmatic 6.99/6.29

Airwick Colour Changing Candles 5.99/5.29

Lysol Wipes/TB Cleaner/Bathroom Cleaner 2/1.30 (With coupons a good one)

Personal Care Event (Not Mix and Match):

Colgate Pro Toothbrush/Optic White TP B4G20 2.99/2.46

Dove Bar Soap B3G15 2.99/2.46

Clean & Clear Skin Care B2G20 5.99/5.46

Garnier Fructis HC B3G20 3.99/3.29

Dove/Degree Anti-P B3G20 2.99/2.29

John Frieda HC B2G20 6.99/6.29

P. 8

NADA

INSERT:

Saf. Softly TP B2G50 7.19/4.56

Saf. Facial Tissue B2G50 5.49/2.86

Pages 2 & 3 don’t show prices. Looks like there might be a couple good offers if items are also on sale.
    Last edited by operabob; Wed, Feb 12th, 2014 at 01:56 PM.
    cheekysaver, 4sure5 and Jouelle89 like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    "Dork" isn't a big enough word! I guess they're making so much money they don't care if they lose some customers over their own stupidity. It sure makes me want to shop there less and less, going to stores that don't offer any benefits
    LOL if you look up the definition of dork it just might be... but i am not defining it on HERE!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Canada’s grocery giants face prospect of eroding margins that could lead to double-digit stock declines, report says

http://business.financialpost.com/20...medium=twitter

Air Miles might be low on their list of priorities.
    cheekysaver and Jouelle89 like this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS PILGRIM View Post
    Canada’s grocery giants face prospect of eroding margins that could lead to double-digit stock declines, report says

http://business.financialpost.com/20...medium=twitter

Here in calgary in the last 3 years many more stores have started carrying groceries that were not... target and walmart. Then Save on foods rolled into town. Save on has similar prices to sobeys and safeway. My predictions are as follows... walmart is heading to be a grocery store giant and they will be on top because of their cut throat nature unless the competition bureau intervenes... followed by loblaws. These stores have great prices and more to offer... you can get a BBQ and propane and a patio set while your there... or winter hats and coats all while you wait for prescriptions with lower dispensing fees. The lower out of pocket prices over all will be what keeps people coming back. Many chains have fallen victim to walmart over the years... their formula is tough and not always nice to the other stores... but the reality is over the years we have seen how well it WORKS! The difference is now they are not just going after the department stores... they want the grocery store biz too. They put produce and meat in the store close to my house... the produce is picked clean by the end of the day... dairy shelves are almost empty... so is the parking lot at the safeway across the street... with their full shelves and higher prices. They have a limited window to step it up before walmart takes over. Next time i am out i will take pics so you understand the not only truth but the massive proportional differences.
    operabob and VEGAS PILGRIM like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Actually, we might be surprised. I'm sure sponsors don't pay $0.105/AM to buy them and many people accumulate rather than spend them so it might be a smart way to boost sales. Certainly when the recession hit there were a lot of AM offers. Not just Safeway. Even BMO had all sorts of offers.

Anyway as a bit of pressure Boston Pizza and Reno Depot dropped Airmiles awhile back and now I hear Amazon has too.
    VEGAS PILGRIM and Jouelle89 like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Update on Sweet & Salty movie tickets.

I see you have to buy 2 to get a free ticket. The Cheerios only requires 1 so the cereal will be the better deal. Rexall has Cheerios for $2.50 this weekend but whether they'll be ones with the movie tickets is anyone's guess. Looking at the box it looks like a better offer this time. 3 of the 4 months are BOGO tickets while April is a totally free ticket (at least as I read it).

Save-On has Goldfish Crackers for $2 vs. Safeway's $3/$2.12

Safeway beats on V8.
    cheekysaver, 4sure5 and Jouelle89 like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just posting this here so I can repost it at Airmiles everytime they censor it which they did after I replied to a poster asking why Airmiles wasn't listening to peoples' complaints on this issue of cancelling the BW GC:

I see AirMiles censored my previous comment so I'll repost it again. Why are they afraid for members to know this? Airmiles is not interested in listening to members on this issue. Why? Because they've learned how to make money off of members. I know from personal experience BW gives a 5% kick back for bookings linked through a 3rd party site. By eliminating BW Gift Cards they no doubt believe they can benefit from the kick back. At the same time eliminating the GCs reduces administration costs for Airmiles. Adding a $10.50 "Loyalty Fee" boosts the bottom line via a minimum maintenance automatic system. Also, they are probably counting on retiring a percentage of obligations for bookings that are cancelled but Airmiles not refunded. You are no longer a member but rather a commodity to profit off of.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Actually, we might be surprised. I'm sure sponsors don't pay $0.105/AM to buy them and many people accumulate rather than spend them so it might be a smart way to boost sales. Certainly when the recession hit there were a lot of AM offers. Not just Safeway. Even BMO had all sorts of offers.

Anyway as a bit of pressure Boston Pizza and Reno Depot dropped Airmiles awhile back and now I hear Amazon has too.
    My estimate has always been that sponsors pay 15c/AM.

Ron.
    operabob and VEGAS PILGRIM like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    The difference is now they are not just going after the department stores... they want the grocery store biz too. They put produce and meat in the store close to my house... the produce is picked clean by the end of the day... dairy shelves are almost empty... so is the parking lot at the safeway across the street... with their full shelves and higher prices. They have a limited window to step it up before walmart takes over. .
    Excellent analysis, cheeks...there was a big article in Canadian Business Magazine, back when W-M entered Canada by buying a few old Woolworth stores. Some people weren't afraid to compete, and thought the W-M model wouldn't work in Canada, but they didn't really know the size, scope, and power of their new opponent. Now, Zeller's is gone, soon to be followed by others, perhaps.

According to book The Wal-mart Effect, we have partly done this to ourselves--our constant demand for low(er) prices has given them the blessing to do whatever is necessary to cut costs.

So we don't care where our TV is made, as long as it's cheap! Anyhow, I've diverted onto a socio-economic rant--bottom line is W-M is on its way to becoming the retail colossus in Canada, end of story.
    operabob likes this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Thread Information