User Tag List

Page 701 of 966 FirstFirst ... 201 601 651 691 699 700 701 702 703 711 751 801 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well Rexall has a B$50 Gift Card G30 Fri-Sun on about 10 -12 cards and it's on the front cover of the flyer.

They also have a B$50G50 on total purchases (but probably doesn't incl. GCs.
    plc likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    This Gift card thing is probably the worst promo ever. I went to safeway, they know nothing about it, they say the airmiles don't come from them. Customers have been asking them and they have no clue. The crappy thing emailed out provides next to no details. They thought maybe it's like the AMEX promo. I tested one $100 giftcard and it didn't show any miles, I didn't complete the transaction. I completely abandoned this promo and advise people to try it at their own risk!

I did find this on the terms and conditions:
    Offer valid November 28, 2014. No coupon required. Limit of 500 Bonus reward miles per Collector Account. Gift card offer excludes Safeway, Safeway Fuel, and Safeway Liquor Gift Cards.

What giftcard did you try to buy?
    operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had them scan a HBC one. They think it's a Airmiles promotion and maybe some day in the future AirMiles will credit peoples account. I decided to pass on this offer. Airmiles is the worst to deal with regarding missing airmiles.

The problem I have is nobody is accepting responsibility for this promo. Odds are that the miles will be credited in the future, but DEFINITELY hold on to the receipt.
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Fri, Nov 28th, 2014 at 05:55 PM.
    operabob likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    This Gift card thing is probably the worst promo ever. I went to safeway, they know nothing about it, they say the airmiles don't come from them. Customers have been asking them and they have no clue. The crappy thing emailed out provides next to no details. They thought maybe it's like the AMEX promo. I tested one $100 giftcard and it didn't show any miles, I didn't complete the transaction. I completely abandoned this promo and advise people to try it at their own risk!

I did find this on the terms and conditions:
    Offer valid November 28, 2014. No coupon required. Limit of 500 Bonus reward miles per Collector Account. Gift card offer excludes Safeway, Safeway Fuel, and Safeway Liquor Gift Cards.

Hope it's not too late, but I wanted to let you know that the Safeway Black Friday gift card deal did work for me! Thank you so much for posting the info about it, Tommy and engo!

I went to the Lawson Heights Safeway in Saskatoon, and hearing about Tommy's troubles, I took my gift cards straight to customer service. The staff did have a copy of the info sheet posted by engo. They did say that there had been trouble with certain gift cards. I tried a $50 gift card as a test at first, and it didn't work, so only then did I realize that the offer was just for multiples of $100. I had good luck with cards from Indigo, Itunes, and Earl's. The staffer did tell me that he would write up any gift card purchases that hadn't gone through.

So, if you feel like braving the elements, you may have good luck as well!
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Worked for me too, thanks so much Tommy!

I remember a few of the exclusions:

Included Shell, excluded Esso
    Excluded amazon

We ended up getting $500, made up of Starbucks (250), Tim Hortons (75), Subway (150), & McDonalds (25)
    operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SaskatoonSaver View Post
    Hope it's not too late, but I wanted to let you know that the Safeway Black Friday gift card deal did work for me! Thank you so much for posting the info about it, Tommy and engo!

I went to the Lawson Heights Safeway in Saskatoon, and hearing about Tommy's troubles, I took my gift cards straight to customer service. The staff did have a copy of the info sheet posted by engo. They did say that there had been trouble with certain gift cards. I tried a $50 gift card as a test at first, and it didn't work, so only then did I realize that the offer was just for multiples of $100. I had good luck with cards from Indigo, Itunes, and Earl's. The staffer did tell me that he would write up any gift card purchases that hadn't gone through.

So, if you feel like braving the elements, you may have good luck as well!
    lol that's the safeway I went too. Well I'm glad it worked for some people.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well, after being shut out for months thanks to the loss of Safeway I'll pick up at least 500 AMs for November. Still well below my previous average of 1,000/month.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Nope, this is the thread. I'll just have to rename it a bit. We've talked about other offers besides Safeway's. Thrifty's seems to have upped it's game this week. I guess the rollout of their Airmiles program wasn't all that great, or, maybe it's just heading into holiday season. A couple:

Attachment 265484

Pringles B8G100 $1.99/0.68

Eggos Waffles/Pancakes B6G100 $2.50/0.75

Kellogg's Kid's Cereals B5G100 $3.33/1.23

Thanks for sharing this info.. I always forget to check Thrifty. Stocked up on waffles and bought some cereal for our holiday bin at work.

Ron.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Stocked up on waffles
    Only had 102 AMs in my "Cash Rewards".

Used 95 on some waffles and get the 25 bonus back:

$15 - $10.50 (95 AMs) - $2.62 (25 bonus) = $1.88/6 = $0.31/box!

Luckily my next door neighbours are away for 6 months so I can load up their freezer!
    Last edited by operabob; Mon, Dec 1st, 2014 at 11:18 AM.
    hopesdreams likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Cyber Monday:

Eek Baits is $19 on all Entertainment books + 16% back today.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This message is so overdue that I'm blushing. After years of reading this forum, I've finally gotten around to posting. I'm a secret grad of the Operabob Air Miles Academy, and I really need to send a HUGE thank you to the Professor himself. I've learned so much from you over time!

If there's to be any justice in the world, Operabob must get a Safeway back!
    operabob, Lesley73 and L-M like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

This message is so overdue that I'm blushing. After years of reading this forum, I've finally gotten around to posting. I'm a secret grad of the Operabob Air Miles Academy, and I really need to send a HUGE thank you to the Professor himself. I've learned so much from you over time!

If there's to be any justice in the world, Operabob must get a Safeway back!
    Thanks Saskie, you made my day.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My DH just got an email saying if he does 4 separate shops of $40 or more each in the next 4 weeks at Safeway he will get 570 bonus airmiles which is $60 back on $160 grocery purchase-so keep your eyes open in case the offer comes to your inbox. Guess I will be taking his card to Safeway!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    My DH just got an email saying if he does 4 separate shops of $40 or more each in the next 4 weeks at Safeway he will get 570 bonus airmiles which is $60 back on $160 grocery purchase-so keep your eyes open in case the offer comes to your inbox. Guess I will be taking his card to Safeway!
    That's a great offer.. kind of weird random bonus amount though.. 570?

Ron.
    operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It is 95 airmiles per $40 spend x4 plus 190 bonus if you do the 4 times. I did not receive the email so it may be targeted at infrequent users like my DH.
    operabob likes this.

Thread Information