User Tag List

Page 790 of 966 FirstFirst ... 290 690 740 780 788 789 790 791 792 800 840 890 ... LastLast
Results 11,836 to 11,850 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I asked them to pay a penalty for being overdue on their payment as well.
    A man after my own heart.

Mind you, I own a fair amount of BMO shares so every time they $(#&% you I get profit! LOL!

BTW: It's what I teach people to do. Question: How much do you think you'd need minimum to buy shares in BMO?

Most people would say something like $5,000

Well, if you know how to do it you can buy shares directly from BMO and they'll accept a cheque for a minimum $0.01. That's right! One penny!

You can do this once a month and they'll buy you one penny's worth of a share calculated to 7 decimal places. You'll even get a proportional dividend as well. BEST OF ALL: COMMISSION FREE!

The reason you don't know about this is because brokers get no commissions on these plans (DRIP + SPP) and companies are not legally allowed to advertise them as they'd be in conflict. There's a trick to get started but no one makes money off you as these plans are considered a shareowner's benefit.

Get involved with one of these PLANs and you'll never complain about bank fees again. BMO, BNS, CIBC, National and Laurentian banks all have PLANs as do TELUS, BCE, Manitoba Telecom, TransCanada Pipeline, Enbridge and RioCan REIT owner of a lot of malls with Safeway as renters.

If you want to learn how just ask. I don't make any money off you for it either unless you buy my book which has been only half finished for 5 years! LOL!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle4183765/
    lorken likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Sorry En,

Just couldn't bring myself to hit the "LIKE" button on that offer! ;-)
    I don't blame you

Here's what the email said, ,
    "There's a new AIR MILES® membership offer, and you're one of a few lucky Collectors to be invited to try it out. This invitation is only available until February 13, 2016, so don't miss out!"

Anyway, I redeemed 1475 AM for a PSB headphone earlier and sold it on ebay for USD $220 last week. Planned to get another one today but the price went back up to 3200 AM!
    I

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Anyway, I redeemed 1475 AM for a PSB headphone earlier and sold it on ebay for USD $220 last week. Planned to get another one today but the price went back up to 3200 AM!
    Now I can hit the "LIKE" button!
    engo likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well mine posted this morning...

02 Feb 16 BMO WORLD ELITE AM +3,000

Interesting that they associated them to my MasterCard seeing this was a bank account promotion. I did get a confirmation email yesterday from tsys.com - a loyalty management company (BMO must use this to manage their rewards). At least they're (finally) there.

Ron.
    operabob, engo and Tommycoupons like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    Well mine posted this morning...

02 Feb 16 BMO WORLD ELITE AM +3,000

Interesting that they associated them to my MasterCard seeing this was a bank account promotion. I did get a confirmation email yesterday from tsys.com - a loyalty management company (BMO must use this to manage their rewards). At least they're (finally) there.

Ron.
    Still waiting for them to read and respond to my message.. So are you closing your account now Ron?
    operabob and engo like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Still waiting for them to read and respond to my message.. So are you closing your account now Ron?
    Probably. I can't realize enough value from the monthly fee taking into account the number of bonus Air Miles I'd receive.

Ron.
    operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ya I agree even with the bonus 25 for the MC and 50 for min $3,000 I'm still paying $14.95 for 75 miles and have to deal with non stop problems with these guys. I use CC's to pay for everything so I don't need unlimited transactions. I have a scotia account that allows me 10 transactions a month and waives the $4.95 fee with a min balance of $1500. The scotia account has been working fine for me for years.
    operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Look at this BS response from BMO

Thank you for contacting BMO Bank of Montreal about the Air Miles bonus offer. I apologize for the delay in responding.

I regret to read that you still haven't received the bonus offer for Air Miles. It is my pleasure to provide details regarding this offer.

I would like to inform that as this was a targeted offer by Air Miles that you received my email, it is the responsibility of Air Miles to make sure that you get your bonus miles. Since, it's been now more than 60 days, I invite you to contact Air Miles directly at 1-888-AIR-MILES (1-888-247-6453) and request to talk to a higher level.

I wish I could help you with these bonus miles but since this offer was made by Air Miles, they are responsible of crediting your Air Miles account with this bonus of 3000 Air Miles.

I am sorry for the additional delay taken by Air Miles but I am sure they will be able to fix this situation for you quickly.

If you have any questions, please contact us again.

Maxime-Claude Tremblay
    Associate, Everyday Banking, BMO Bank of Montreal
    We're here to help.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I wish I could help you with these bonus miles but since this offer was made by Air Miles, they are responsible of crediting your Air Miles account with this bonus of 3000 Air Miles.
    Try the "LIVE CHAT". It's quicker and the guy I dealt with previously added my AMs in immediately.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

no live chat... Airmiles is going to escalate it... I'm tired of BMO and their endless lies and scams. Like how does BMO post rons miles but refuse to post mine. I talked to air miles and they are absolutely dumbfounded. Once the miles show up I'm done with BMO forever. This whole experience is just sick.
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Tue, Feb 2nd, 2016 at 04:40 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    no live chat... Airmiles is going to escalate it... I'm tired of BMO and their endless lies and scams. Like how does BMO post rons miles but refuse to post mine. I talked to air miles and they are absolutely dumbfounded. Once the miles show up I'm done with BMO forever. This whole experience is just sick.
    This was definitely a BMO promotion. They had a pop up on Air Miles that linked directly to them. Ugh.. what a pain!

Ron.
    operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    This was definitely a BMO promotion. They had a pop up on Air Miles that linked directly to them. Ugh.. what a pain!

Ron.
    I like how this moron says "It is my pleasure to provide details regarding this offer." The contact I had with them previously said to contact them back if they don't appear.. then Maxime says not our problem???

ughhh I hope there's a special place in hell for these people
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    I thought you meant bmo live chat. I got a higher up supervisor at air miles working on this. I had to send scanned transcripts of the conversations and the original offer email. Looks like only air miles cares.

With the degradation of Safeway and the complete lunacy of BMO.. I'm getting ready to jump off the air miles ship. Collecting miles at Safeway was the corner stone to be successful with this program. The 25% discount offered by BMO on all flights was also a big part. with all the changes happening and the way the two major players are treating their loyal customers I will probably start looking into something else. I'm just so frustrated right now and I just see things getting worse not better.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I will probably start looking into something else.
    Certainly understandable. I'm using my BMO World Elite Card for points now mostly only problem is it doesn't have tie ins with sponsors to maximize it. Less hassles though. Wanted Platinum Airmiles status just so I can maximize the points as I use them up.

After that I'll use up the World Elite points AMAP then cancel the card (assuming Customer Retention will sweeten the pot to keep me). ;-)
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Thread Information