User Tag List

Page 804 of 966 FirstFirst ... 304 704 754 794 802 803 804 805 806 814 854 904 ... LastLast
Results 12,046 to 12,060 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

LOL! Ron, 500 AMS = $52.50. I bought 4 Entertainment books for $44.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    LOL! Ron, 500 AMS = $52.50. I bought 4 Entertainment books for $44.
    I know.. for me, I value 500 Air Miles @ $75. You would be silly to give them that for this offer..

Ron.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

But the people who bid crazy at auction time will!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rexall is offering 10 airmiles if you subscribe to their newsletter https://www.rexall.ca/subscribe
    operabob, plc and Cake like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Rexall is proudly Canadian owned and operated with pharmacies across Canada.
    Rexall in Canada has no affiliation with the Rexall name as it is used in the United States.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Yesterday I finally got offers that are valid at Safeway on getmyoffers.ca. Previously I was only receiving Sobey's offers. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not but I did not receive any email direct offers this week.
    operabob and Lavender Lady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Hmmm...only had Sobeys again this time. Maybe next time?

Quote Originally Posted by plc View Post
    Yesterday I finally got offers that are valid at Safeway on getmyoffers.ca. Previously I was only receiving Sobey's offers. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not but I did not receive any email direct offers this week.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Hmmm...only had Sobeys again this time. Maybe next time?
    You've all jinxed me. Even I didn't get them this week!
    Tommycoupons likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You've all jinxed me. Even I didn't get them this week!
    my guess is their phasing them out and replacing them with the loaded
    operabob likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Been trying for 2 months to book flights for 2017 to the Caribbean and airmiles has only been offering the overpriced flights.. It looks like they are phasing out a lot of the base mile offerings. specifically with Air Canada flights. I have never encountered anything like this in the past.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Been trying for 2 months to book flights for 2017 to the Caribbean and airmiles has only been offering the overpriced flights.. It looks like they are phasing out a lot of the base mile offerings. specifically with Air Canada flights. I have never encountered anything like this in the past.
    Basically planning the following:

1. Got us a no restrictions on flights credit card. Came with 30,000 bonus miles. Have used it for 1 flight for 2 people back from Fort Lauderdale.

2. Currently have enough points to stay 4 weeks in Palm Springs next winter.

3. Will use Airmiles we have to fly to Palm Springs.

4. Remainder should be enough for 2 one ways (or more) to LA for a repositioning cruise to Vancouver.

5. Have enough OBC owed to us + shareowner's OBC to not have to pay any extras on board.

6. Will convert Swagbucks once a month for $25 US Whole Foods GCs (2200 pts. instead of 2500). Should have at least $200US worth by next winter.

7. Can rent a Mazda3 for about $7/day on a 3 to 4 week booking (not at the airport but 1/2 mile away).

8. Will then cancel my credit card for another offering bonus unless current card offers to match (they should). Amazingly, Money Magazine, a legit advertising based publication recommended doing this in last month's issue. I thought this suggestion would only be found on Internet forums.

I am a Scotsman afterall!

Anyone got any other tips!
    engo likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Basically planning the following:

1. Got us a no restrictions on flights credit card. Came with 30,000 bonus miles. Have used it for 1 flight for 2 people back from Fort Lauderdale.
    Anyone got any other tips!
    Bob - I've been using credit cards sign up bonus to subsidize family travel costs. AMEX is the easiest one to apply and AMEX points can be transferred to Aeroplan easily. I also apply (repeatedly) other cards from TD, CIBC, MBNA, National ... etc for their sign up bonus. This becomes a hobby of mine and occasionally asking my wife to take advantage of special promotion.

I use AM mainly for car rental and hotel booking only since AM flight selection is limited/expensive these days.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

AMEX is the easiest one to apply and AMEX points can be transferred to Aeroplan easily.
    Do you find any loss in the value of the points when you transfer to Aeroplan? I remember calculating that exchanging HBC/Zellers points resulted in a 51% loss in value.
    6. Will convert Swagbucks once a month for $25 US Whole Foods GCs (2200 pts. instead of 2500). Should have at least $200US worth by next winter.
    It appears Swag has stopped offering the Whole Foods GC so will just use them for something else. Is there a J.C. Penny in Palm Springs????? Hmmmm! LOL!
    Last edited by operabob; Sun, Apr 10th, 2016 at 10:45 AM.
    engo likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Do you find any loss in the value of the points when you transfer to Aeroplan? I remember calculating that exchanging HBC/Zellers points resulted in a 51% loss in value.
    AMEX points (from Gold, business gold, plat card) to Aeroplan is 1:1 transfer. No loss there.
    I also have SPG AMEX to earn points for hotel stay. If you don't like SPG chain, SGP points can be transferred to different airline (e.g. Aeroplan). SPG offers bonus 5k points when transfer 20k to airline (i.e. 20k SGP points = 25k Aeroplan points).

I use Swag for itune card so not sure about J.C. Penny LOL

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

not sure about J.C. Penny LOL
    There's one in Palm Desert. Minutes away! LOL!

Not on Starwood. Have BW, LaQuinta, Choice & Hyatt.

Tend to stay at Hyatt on convention time. Swagbucks has Hyatt but we usually buy through Kayak. Have a 3 day one in November. Regular rate is $259/night + tax. Conference rate is $219 + tax. Kayak had it about a month back for $142 but by the time I got around to booking it it was gone. Same thing happened last year and the offer came back several times. I use the Swagbucks which are in $US to pay for the extras. Best part for me is my friends who relish teasing me as "Coupon Bob" are astounded when we start buying them drinks. They all feel compelled to reciprocate but we're not using cash while they are. We just smile.

Add in it's $40/day parking and our friends have to pay for 4 days plus about $200 for the ferry. We just take the bus and Skytrain right to the Hyatt costing us about $40. In the end it cost us over $700 less than for our friends plus we can write our costs off to business while they can't. All our friends are amateur competitors in the event while we can call it convention costs for our business.

As it is we have enough Hyatt points for three free nights now. We could use them for this convention but more likely for personal use.
    engo and Lavender Lady like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Thread Information