User Tag List

Page 881 of 966 FirstFirst ... 381 781 831 871 879 880 881 882 883 891 931 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,215 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup got the 2 movie codes as well.

Aside from the spend coupon, virtually no air miles deals on products next week
    operabob, Lavender Lady and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Its pays to compliment someone!!
    When I was younger I wanted to make a complaint about a bus driver I thought had tried to hit me walking across Broadway in Vancouver.

My father would only allow it if I also wrote a letter of thanks to someone.

So yes, I'll go after those I perceived as having taken advantage (management rather than employees) but I always try and temper it with something positive to someone. That sort of thing often goes unnoticed.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  33231-17_AM_CruiseContest_HPBrick_1140x360_EN.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  130.5 KB

That's a lot of cruises!

http://airmilescruise.ca/en/home

Ron.
    Last edited by RonBC; Thu, Mar 16th, 2017 at 01:12 AM.
    operabob, Lavender Lady and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Sweet! Never been on a cruise before.

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    Name:  33231-17_AM_CruiseContest_HPBrick_1140x360_EN.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  130.5 KB

That's a lot of cruises!

http://airmilescruise.ca/en/home

Ron.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sweet! Never been on a cruise before.
    Addictive.

Everyone told me, based on my personality I'd hate it!

Been on 14 now.

If you ever need any tips let me know!
    Thumpersmom and Lavender Lady like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Just have to convince DH--he likes his feet on solid land!

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Addictive.

Everyone told me, based on my personality I'd hate it!

Been on 14 now.

If you ever need any tips let me know!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

for the cruise contest, is it automatic entry when u earn airmiles from shopping at the specific stores? it doesn't say in their rules
    operabob and Thumpersmom like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    for the cruise contest, is it automatic entry when u earn airmiles from shopping at the specific stores? it doesn't say in their rules
    What does it say in their rules?

Ron.
    operabob and Thumpersmom like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

B$50G100 at Rexall this weekend. Counts towards the cruise (I assume they'll be 3 or 4 day ones).

Rexall is proudly Canadian owned and operated with pharmacies across Canada.
    Rexall in
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Caribbean (January/February) or Alaska to start. Generally more sheltered waters so sea sickness less of a problem.
    Thumpersmom and Lavender Lady like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Cruises are 5 nites--Nov 26 to Dec 1. There are a variety of room categories--see table below.

Prizes
    : There are up to 1,300 prizes available to be won (each a "Prize" and collectively the "Prizes"). Each Prize consists of the following elements for each Winner (as defined in Rule 7):
    • Roundtrip economy flight tickets for each Winner and one (1) guest from an International Provincial Airport (as defined below) closest to the Winner's home (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion) to the international airport in Fort Lauderdale or Miami, Florida or such other international airport as may be available at the time of flight booking (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion).International Provincial Airports collectively and individually defined as: Toronto (YYZ); Calgary (YYC); Ottawa (YOW), Montreal (YUL); Edmonton (YEG); Halifax (YHZ); Vancouver (YVR); St Johns (YYT); Winnipeg (YWG); Saskatoon (YXE); Regina (YQR); Moncton (YQM); Charlottetown (YYG); Fredericton (YFC); Iqaluit, Nunavut (YFB); Whitehorse, Yukon (YXY); or Yellowknife, Northwest Territories (YZF).
    • Tickets for each Winner and one (1) guest for a 5 night Cruise aboard a Princess®± cruise ship chartered by Contest Sponsor from November 26 to December 1, 2017 in a stateroom (double occupancy).
    • Gratuities on board the cruise ship in the amount of $95 USD per person, for each Winner and one (1) guest.

The approximate retail value of each Prize is as set forth in the table below. The exact value will vary depending on Prize details. Winner has no entitlement in respect of the amount of the approximate retail value of a Prize to the extent that a particular Prize value is less than the amount set out in the table below.
    Prizes will be drawn in the following descending order, where each Prize is one of the Prizes listed in the column "Number of Prizes Available to Be Won":
    NUMBER OF PRIZES AVAILABLE TO BE WON STATEROOM DESCRIPTION* APPROX. RETAIL VALUE OF EACH PRIZE**
    157 Mini Suites (double occupancy) $3,705 - $4,455
    598 Balcony Stateroom (double occupancy) $3,155 - $3,905
    77 Oceanview Stateroom (double occupancy) $2,955 - $3,705
    79 Obstructed Oceanview Stateroom (double occupancy) $2,755 - $3,505
    389 Interior Stateroom (double occupancy) $2,355 - $3,105

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle34308640/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle34308640/

Sobeys Inc. let down its customers in its product offerings and marketing, but the grocer is racing to improve its operations, cut costs and win back shoppers, especially those in Western Canada who abandoned Safeway stores, its new leader says.
    Michael Medline, who took over as chief executive officer of parent Empire Co. Ltd. and Sobeys two months ago, said the company has a “byzantine” structure that needs to be simplified while its marketing message needs to be sharper and more compelling to woo back consumers – particularly to its Safeway supermarkets.
    “We will take aggressive and bold actions to address the issues in our business, and we are prepared to make the tough decisions and [take] decisive actions necessary to see Empire return to sustainably profitable growth,” Mr. Medline told an analyst call after the company released its third-quarter results, which continued to show sliding sales.
    Sobeys has been struggling since its acquired Safeway Canada in late 2013, in part due to what Mr. Medline acknowledged wasn’t a smooth integration, touching off a series of problems that often resulted in bare shelves and angry customers.
    Sobeys’ internal issues, including a switch in private labels and new sourcing for its fruits and vegetables, were exacerbated by a downturn in the economy in Western Canada as well as a growing trend towards discounting, which made Sobeys higher prices stand out.
    Sobeys is alone among major grocery players in Western Canada not to have a separate discount chain there, although it has one in Ontario called FreshCo.
    Mr. Medline said he is studying whether to expand FreshCo to western provinces but hinted that may not happen soon because of the expense and work needed for the launch amid other more pressing priorities.
    Over the past year or so, Sobeys has dropped its prices, but Mr. Medline said the retailer has to give customers more reasons to shop at its supermarkets.
    “I’m not going to mince my words,” the former CEO of Canadian Tire Corp. said. “I am disappointed in how we have approached our customers. Our ability to understand our customers and effectively communicate with them has been sorely missing.”
    He said better decisions need to be made on what differentiates the Sobeys customer from the Safeway customer.
    “In my long experience with different banners, when you take away what’s dear to customers, there’s a grave effect,” he said. Many customers were upset that Safeway replaced its own store brands with Sobeys’s line of Compliments items.
    But his research shows that Sobeys and Safeway still have lots of opportunities, and their current management must seize on them.
    “There’s a latent loyalty to Safeway in the West that we have to be able to recapture,” he said, adding later: “We haven’t communicated with our customers, and we’re not quite sure how to do that at this point.”
    He said profit margins are beginning to stabilize after Sobeys spent months lowering prices. Empire’s third-quarter gross profit margin rose slightly to 23.7 per cent from 23.6 per cent a year earlier.
    “We must and will fix the West,” he said. Still, Mr. Medline refrained from giving an exact timeline of when he expects the business to recover.
    Empire’s third-quarter profit stood at $30.5-million, or 11 cents a share, compared with a loss of $1.37-billion, or $5.03 a share, a year earlier, mostly due to a writedown of the Safeway chain. Excluding the writedowns, Empire’s third-quarter profit fell 58 per cent to $34.6-million.
    Its revenue dipped to $5.89-billion from $6.03-billion. Sales at existing stores, which excludes the effects of annual openings and closings and is a key retail measure, dropped 3.7 per cent (excluding the effect of fuel sales,) compared with a decline of 2.6 per cent the previous year.
    Michael Van Aelst, retail analyst at TD Securities, said that so-called same-store sales performance is still poor, although operational cutbacks have kicked in early. “It is clear that Empire continues to lose [market] share,” he said.
    In the comparable quarter, rival grocer Metro Inc. posted a 0.7 per cent gain in same-store sales, while Loblaw Cos. Ltd. reported a 0.1 per cent increase.
    Debt ratings agency DBRS downgraded Sobeys’ debt to junk level, maintaining a negative trend, citing Sobeys’ continued under-performance compared with its peers and lost market share.
    Mr. Medline said he wasn’t surprised with the downgrade, although his goal is “to one day get back to investment grade. “But it’s pretty immaterial on our cost of borrowing on existing debt. And we have significant liquidity.” Sobeys is scaling back on capital spending for business reasons, he said.
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Fri, Mar 17th, 2017 at 09:38 PM.
    Poirot, Lavender Lady and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Give us good airmiles and we'll be back!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Lady View Post
    You will love it. I lost count how many I have been on (at least 7 or 8).
    I am terrible with motion sickness and only got sick once leaving NY on way to bahamas. It was really rough. All adults in our group of 7 got sick for about 1.5 days. Lots of people on cruise got sick.

Avoid going on open water like LA to Hawaii.
    dededi likes this.

Thread Information