User Tag List

Page 323 of 966 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 321 322 323 324 325 333 373 423 823 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I went to Safeway again and I did not get any points for my get 75 AM wub 6 purchase as usual
    You mentioned "again". You didn't perhaps buy 6 multiples for 450 AMs worth earlier in the day? If you did you you wouldn't get extra Airmiles unless you used a different Club Card as you'd be over the daily 500 AM limit on any particular offer. When that happens no extra AMs appear on the receipt.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    That would frustrate me too Sporatic. I wonder if you could try contacting airmiles... they do sometimes step in when a situation is long term and on going and contact safeway. We shouldn't have to watch our points that closely. Airmiles did contact safeway on my behalf when i was not getting my points added and i had already tried to get it straightened out. I was not getting any of my points and safeways had to check every airmiles transaction to fix it. It may be worth a phone call to airmiles.
    Thanks, cheesy, sounds like a good advice. I will give it a try. It is so annoying when I don't get points for buying their junk for sake of collecting points. I was trying a different store this time but still same issue. I did not have any coupons of any kind in the transaction but still no go so I don't understand what the problem was .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I stopped in at SF this afternoon to pick up some Post Cereal ($3/box) and Goodhost Iced Tea Powder $4/tin if you buy 2 or more..... so the Iced Tea rang in at $5/tin instead...went to CS - and he doubled checked the product against the flyer etc.... and he credited back the $1 per tin ...

I asked him if SCOP applied here ... and he said SCOP only applied to regular priced merchandise - not sale priced. I'm not a SCOP expert and didn't have the time to push the point further but it didn't sound right to me. Does that sound right?
    operabob likes this.

Coupon Guru in Training couponer2's Avatar
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)

No that does not sound right, almost all of my SCOPS have been for sale items, especially when they forgot to take the sale tag down.Sounds like he was making his own rules.
    operabob and Tommycoupons like this.
    CHECK OUT MY TRADE/WISH LINK

Couponer2's Trade and Wish List*

CLICK ABOVE​* LINE*FOR DIRECT ACCESS TO MY TRADE LIST

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/01262.html

Scanning Code of Practice

If the scanned price of a non-price item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the first item free, up to a $10 maximum. If a Code of Practice problem cannot be resolved at the store level, please call 1-866-499-4599 to register your complaint.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponer2 View Post
    No that does not sound right, almost all of my SCOPS have been for sale items, especially when they forgot to take the sale tag down.Sounds like he was making his own rules.

Same here, I was at safeway friday and purchased 2 loaves of dempster bread that was priced 2/$7. I noticed later that I was charged $10. I went back the next day and the sign was still up that expired thursday. They told me the first one was free and the 2nd would be at the expired sale price, so I got the two loaves for $3.50 thus refunding me $6.50. That seemed fair to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Thank you - next time it happens I'll know the SCOP rules better
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    You mentioned "again". You didn't perhaps buy 6 multiples for 450 AMs worth earlier in the day? If you did you you wouldn't get extra Airmiles unless you used a different Club Card as you'd be over the daily 500 AM limit on any particular offer. When that happens no extra AMs appear on the receipt.
    of course not. I only bought 6 items on sale which is in the flyer and specifically from the shelf that had the 75 AM wub 6 tag in front of it. Plus it is in the flyer but still no points.
    "Again" refers to my previous experience. Like the coupon you posted for 50 AM for buying 2 signature pizzas or earlier cereal AM deals and if I think farther the experience is similar. And these are all different locations but consistent with the same issue and I am getting sick of it. I guess I gotta quit shopping there except when absolutely necessary.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

of course not. I only bought 6 items on sale which is in the flyer and specifically from the shelf that had the 75 AM wub 6 tag in front of it. Plus it is in the flyer but still no points.
    "Again" refers to my previous experience. Like the coupon you posted for 50 AM for buying 2 signature pizzas or earlier cereal AM deals and if I think farther the experience is similar. And these are all different locations but consistent with the same issue
    While I have the occasional botch up from what you're saying it sounds like a continual experience for you. If it were me I'd be asking for a new club card as a possible source of error.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    48 (100%)

So like everyone else here I'm trying to maximize my AirMiles! I have a question regarding how many airmiles "deals" I can get in each transaction. Say I'm getting the B5G40 airmiles w/Irishspring. Do I have to make seperate transactions of 5 bottles or can I get 20 bottles and the 120 bonus Points in one transaction?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by $martMommy$ View Post
    So like everyone else here I'm trying to maximize my AirMiles! I have a question regarding how many airmiles "deals" I can get in each transaction. Say I'm getting the B5G40 airmiles w/Irishspring. Do I have to make seperate transactions of 5 bottles or can I get 20 bottles and the 120 bonus Points in one transaction?
    Good question... you can get all 20 bottles in one transaction if your safeways allows it. There is a cap of 500 airmiles in a day.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

You can buy multiple offers in a single transaction but your limited to 500 AMs/offer/day or 10 multiples/offer/day.

So for example this weeks B6G75 on Quaker:

10 multiples = 10 x 75 = 750 AMs but that would be over the 500 limit so all you'd get would be 500 AMs.

Most efficient would be to buy 6 multiples = 450 AMs on one day and then more on another day. You could do it 7 days and get 450 AMs x 7 = 1,750 AMs.

Now your example:

B5G40 airmiles w/Irishspring
    If you buy 12 multiples (12 x 5) you might expect 12 x 40 = 480 AMS however you'd only get 400 AMs. Yes, you're not over the 500 AM limit but you've gone over the 10 multiples limit. You'd end up with:

10 x 40 = 400 AMs.

You can get by the limits in a single day if you do separate transactions with different club cards. My wife has one and for some reason I have 2.
    coley3 and $martMommy$ like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Got my Safeway bonus coupons in today's mail:

B2G20 Catelli
    50% Off Purex (15)
    B2G20 Silhouette Yogurt
    5Xs Base Miles on $60 min.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Got my Safeway bonus coupons in today's mail:

B2G20 Catelli
    50% Off Purex (15)
    B2G20 Silhouette Yogurt
    5Xs Base Miles on $60 min.

Got them as well. A lot less than before.

B2G20 Quaker Bars
    50% Off Purex (12)
    B2G40 Natural Selections Ham or Salami
    5x Base Miles on $60 min.

Ron.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

A lot less than before.
    Was thinking the same thing.
    harbie likes this.
    OB